The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4720
Original post by RO'Gara
you're even worse off than me! I'm so jealous of my little sister, I'd love to be 5'6. :frown:

I'd love to be a little bit shorter to be honest, I'm 5'7'' so I'm not that much shorter than most men... At least not enough to make me feel girly :smile:
Original post by Tinth
I'd love to be a little bit shorter to be honest, I'm 5'7'' so I'm not that much shorter than most men... At least not enough to make me feel girly :smile:

Try 6 ft!!!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Tinth

5'7" high-5 :smile: Well I think I'm 5'7 anyways :tongue:

Decided to volunteer in the nursery day just so I had something to talk about in my interview if they ask me about the nursery which was alright would've been better if I'd been paid haha. Anyways the nursery has FINALLY come through and I've got 3 hours tomorrow afternoon where I'll actually get paid. MONEY! lol
Reply 4723
Original post by Quackers93

Decided to volunteer in the nursery day just so I had something to talk about in my interview if they ask me about the nursery which was alright would've been better if I'd been paid haha. Anyways the nursery has FINALLY come through and I've got 3 hours tomorrow afternoon where I'll actually get paid. MONEY! lol

DAMMIT

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

Oh well, but yaayyy for working in the nursery :biggrin: and getting moniesss for it :smile:
Reply 4724

I haven't got an interview yet, but I'm freaking about what I'd talk about if I do get one. I had my 1st day at the nursing home today and the I basically sat in the corner and was ignored :frown:

Plus since my CRB check has decided to take some sick leave and not come back, I haven't even started training for St Johns Ambulance. I can't even attend meetings till it decides to come back.

Original post by Tinth

Its kinda crap being short, nothing fits! So hard to get jeans and the like. In an ordinary length pair of jeans, I end up with half my foot standing on the ends, skirts that are supposed to stop a bit before your knees come past mine, top sleeves are far too long etc etc

Original post by Doctor-to-be
Try 6 ft!!!!!! :biggrin:

I'm just a little jealous of you but in actual fact I don't think I'd like to be that tall. My feet would just be too far away from my brain, I'd be the most accident prone person living!
lol as if you're all giants!
The student room is depressing me, i want an interview so bad :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 4727
Original post by superG123
The student room is depressing me, i want an interview so bad :frown: :frown: :frown:

I only started using TSR after I got an interview :biggrin: Just remember that TSR only represents a very small portion of the applicants.
Original post by RO'Gara
I get asked for ID all the time at 15 movies, which is so annoying because I'm 19. Although saying that it can work in my favour sometime, I can always get a u13 (I don't know if they have these in England) train ticket which is like half the cost of the adult.

I started volunteering today at the nursing home and I was introduced as this little girl :angry: who wants to help out.

Another annoying thing is when people ask me how I'm feeling about my GCSES next year or am I worried about GCSES in June. NO because I have done my A-Levels!! Or when people ask my little sister, who has just turned 14, 'why don't you introduce me to your little sister' and point at me :frown: To be fair though my little sister is 5'6 and I'm 5'1

The EXACT same thing with me and my "little sister and she's 14.. scary..
But apparantly generations are getting taller and taller, she complains about being "too short" or "one of the shortest in her year" and how she "wishes she would grow"
I have never felt a stronger urge to slap someone in my life.. :angry:

Also i'm not sure who mentioned this exactly but "DO YOU ONLY HAVE TO BE 16 TO BUY LOTTERY TICKETS??"
I went to buy some for my Dad in a shop on the way home from sixth form, had no ID (but hell, I was 18 and THOUGHT the limit was 16) so when the guy asked my ID I whipped out my 16+ oyster card (name/photo and age on it), he said you have to be 18! I was soo embarrassed..
Reply 4729
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
The EXACT same thing with me and my "little sister and she's 14.. scary..
But apparantly generations are getting taller and taller, she complains about being "too short" or "one of the shortest in her year" and how she "wishes she would grow"
I have never felt a stronger urge to slap someone in my life.. :angry:

Also i'm not sure who mentioned this exactly but "DO YOU ONLY HAVE TO BE 16 TO BUY LOTTERY TICKETS??"
I went to buy some for my Dad in a shop on the way home from sixth form, had no ID (but hell, I was 18 and THOUGHT the limit was 16) so when the guy asked my ID I whipped out my 16+ oyster card (name/photo and age on it), he said you have to be 18! I was soo embarrassed..

That is scary! They talk about UKCAT twins we could be height/sister height twins for want of a better name :biggrin:

My little sister also goes on and on about how she needs to be taller and that her legs aren't long enough as well. When she does I just want to scream at her, you have like 3 more years to grow I have none and you are already 5 inches taller than me. Plus in 40 years time I'm going to start shrinking, I can't afford to shrink I'll end up non-existent.... But she'd probably just roll her eyes and say whateva. (note she will not pronounce the 'r', 'r's and 'ts' when ending a word are non-existent for her generation- drives me daft)
(edited 12 years ago)
i always feel bad id-ing people at work cos they always end up being like 24...
however a posh bunch of teens came in to order some wine and only two of them had id and they were all like *posh accent* but we aaahre ova 18 dahling. and i was like, hehe when they had to order cokes

today actually this guy (maybe 20ish) came in to order beer but the new goverment policy is that you have to ask for id if they look younger than 25 (in scotland anyway idk if england has this) and he was arguing with the bar guy (who is only 19) saying 'im older than you why arent you serving me' and he wouldnt drop it. eventually he gave up and left, but came back half an hour later saying 'look i've got my id, but i don't want your ****ing drink anyway' and left again. lol.

also you are all short D: i'm 5"9 (and a half)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4731
Original post by atomos
however a posh bunch of teens came in to order some wine and only two of them had id and they were all like *posh accent* but we aaahre ova 18 dahling. and i was like, hehe when they had to order cokes

I used to absolutely love IDing people, mainly just to look at their gormy photos tbh
Original post by atomos

today actually this guy (maybe 20ish) came in to order beer but the new goverment policy is that you have to ask for id if they look younger than 25 (in scotland anyway idk if england has this) and he was arguing with the bar guy (who is only 19) saying 'im older than you why arent you serving me' and he wouldnt drop it. eventually he gave up and left, but came back half an hour later saying 'look i've got my id, but i don't want your ****ing drink anyway' and left again. lol.

also you are all short D: i'm 5"9 (and a half)

If I cared more, that would be exactly the type of thing I would do lol

I did that today......
:laugh: oh ye, this place

Original post by laurenl93
I did that today......

haha, tbh i would totally do it too if i could be bothered
Also ever since someone posted that they have an interview from Lancaster it seems the only thing I consistently remember to do every half/hour in my life is refresh hotmail. Awh man.

EDIT: why are all my posts getting negged?
(edited 12 years ago)
Also ever since someone posted that they have an interview from Lancaster it seems the only thing I consistently remember to do every half/hour in my life is refresh hotmail. Awh man.

:cool:
Reply 4738
I want an interview!!!!!! Everyone and their mother seems to be getting one but me :ashamed: People are even getting interviews for Manchester for late January :eek::eek: I'm starting to get really really worried that I won't get in this year either :bawling:Please medicinal gods please pick me ... for an interview. :2euk48l: Amen
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4739
My best friend had 3 rejections without interview by feb last year, got an interview at glasgow in feb, had the interview, cried cus she thought she did so bad and had to give up med and went to visit nottingham for her biomedical sciences offer to decide on accomodation and in march ta da, she had an AAB offer and is now studying medicine at Glasgow :smile:

So even if you're waiting till march for an interview, you could still be starting at your med school next september :smile:

Thanks :smile: I've just been overthinking my situation a little and panicking just a little too much :tongue: I'm a re-reapplicant though since all I got last year was a waiting list place for Edinburgh which I had to decline my 5th offer for and yeah they didn't take anyone off the waiting list :frown: So I HAVE to get in this year, for my own sanity and self esteem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending