The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wickedgrin
Recall audition.

These I think will vary according to the "role" you are assigned. I was in an acting group. My dancing skills were clearly not recognised (quite rightly) from the first audition!

Our group was a 50/50 split between men and women of all ages. We were split into 3 groups and had to perform choreographed movement sequences in sync. These were more complex than in the initial audition and took 3 hours to complete. This tests your fitness and stamina if nothing else. I think they are looking for people who can follow intruction and move in a co-ordinated, enthusiastic manner.

At the end we were told we would be emailed if we were through in 6-8 weeks and if successful what group we would be in A B C etc and details of times and dates of rehearsals for that group. Only the creatives would know what the group codes meant! At that stage you can decided if you can commit the time necessary to these rehearsal dates.

An enjoyable experience.

Thank you for the info. I have a recall this evening.
Reply 121
Original post by shadwell_lad
Thank you for the info. I have a recall this evening.

Good Luck, mines tomorrow!
Original post by cinnamon
Good Luck, mines tomorrow!

Good luck too! let us know how u get on! x
Original post by wickedgrin
Recall audition.

These I think will vary according to the "role" you are assigned. I was in an acting group. My dancing skills were clearly not recognised (quite rightly) from the first audition!

Our group was a 50/50 split between men and women of all ages. We were split into 3 groups and had to perform choreographed movement sequences in sync. These were more complex than in the initial audition and took 3 hours to complete. This tests your fitness and stamina if nothing else. I think they are looking for people who can follow intruction and move in a co-ordinated, enthusiastic manner.

At the end we were told we would be emailed if we were through in 6-8 weeks and if successful what group we would be in A B C etc and details of times and dates of rehearsals for that group. Only the creatives would know what the group codes meant! At that stage you can decided if you can commit the time necessary to these rehearsal dates.

An enjoyable experience.

Ooo ...so was the choreographed movement sequence to do with acting then?

I really hope I was recognised for my dancing! Im really worried they will put me in an acting group now for my recall audition. I am a dancer not actress lol.

Did you enjoy the second audition? And were there lots of like professional people auditioning?
Reply 124
Oh, no, I'm terrible at remembering dance moves in a short space of time! Could be embarrassing...
Anyone have a 2nd audition this coming Weds?

How did ur second audition go?
Original post by happyending
How did ur second audition go?

This evening. As with everyone else, I have no idea what role this is for. I like the sound of walking out with the athletes - no dance moves to remember!

Looking forward to it as the first one was fun :colondollar:
Ooo ...so was the choreographed movement sequence to do with acting then?

I really hope I was recognised for my dancing! Im really worried they will put me in an acting group now for my recall audition. I am a dancer not actress lol.

Did you enjoy the second audition? And were there lots of like professional people auditioning?

No not really it was sequenced choreographed movement. Nothing to do with acting really. No individual glory here - just disciplined ensemble work. Dancers would have an advantage with this actually as you have to remember the sequence and perform it in time.

I spoke to a professional actress who thought it would be cool to put the Olympic Opening Ceremony on her CV but I thought mostly our group were just general members of the public with no pro skills. If you are in a dance group your experience could be totally different to mine!

Good luck to everyone:smile:
Reply 128
Good luck too! let us know how u get on! x

I will. Its not until tomorrow evening, getting excited now and intrigued to know what the audition will be like !
Reply 129
This evening. As with everyone else, I have no idea what role this is for. I like the sound of walking out with the athletes - no dance moves to remember!

Looking forward to it as the first one was fun :colondollar:

Hope you get on ok. I too like the sound of walking out with the athletes!
Reply 130
Original post by belle654
I can echappe and bourre accross the room and thats about it! if were asked to pirouette on pointe im screwed. I think its going to be quite embarrassing against everyone else :frown:

Good on you! I am sure you will be fine. When is your audition?
Reply 131
Does anyone else have an audition for Sunday 27th? Really great and inspiring to read everyone's stories on here... but I too am worried as to what "role specifc" entails!
It's also a 9am morning audition.... and I am not a morning person. (Oh dear.......)
Reply 132
Original post by w11lina
Does anyone else have an audition for Sunday 27th? Really great and inspiring to read everyone's stories on here... but I too am worried as to what "role specifc" entails!
It's also a 9am morning audition.... and I am not a morning person. (Oh dear.......)

Good luck with your 9am audition. I am not a morning person either so I know exactly how you feel! Its great reading everyones comments.
Original post by w11lina

I do! Although mine's at 9.30 so probably in a different room. I'm a dancer so hoping that's what the specific role is...what are you hoping for?
Reply 134
Original post by BeautifullyTragic
I do! Although mine's at 9.30 so probably in a different room. I'm a dancer so hoping that's what the specific role is...what are you hoping for?

Not that I know of course, but maybe just maybe, they ask 100 people to turn up at 9am, and then the other 100 people turn up at 9.30 so that they dont have all of the 200 people auditioning turning up at the studiios at the same time?
there is a number on my audition recall confirmation for 5.30 tonight and its over 100 which could possibly confirm this?
Not that I know of course, but maybe just maybe, they ask 100 people to turn up at 9am, and then the other 100 people turn up at 9.30 so that they dont have all of the 200 people auditioning turning up at the studiios at the same time?
there is a number on my audition recall confirmation for 5.30 tonight and its over 100 which could possibly confirm this?

Possibly, I dunno how it works, I just know on my first audition they had 3 separate rooms of auditions going on at the same time with really close time intervals. Enjoy it tonight, let us know how it went!
Reply 136
Original post by BeautifullyTragic
Possibly, I dunno how it works, I just know on my first audition they had 3 separate rooms of auditions going on at the same time with really close time intervals. Enjoy it tonight, let us know how it went!

Thats interesting knowing there was 3 separate rooms at your audition.
I was only aware of one at mine, but then I was nervous and really wasnt paying much attention to what else was going on around me !
Thats interesting knowing there was 3 separate rooms at your audition.
I was only aware of one at mine, but then I was nervous and really wasnt paying much attention to what else was going on around me !

Yeah I think they said it was the first day they had done it that way (3rd November, 5.30pm)
(edited 12 years ago)
That really is tragic. How do they decide who gets offered this anyway?
Original post by problemsolver
That really is tragic. How do they decide who gets offered this anyway?

What's tragic?

It's an audition for various things they need, such as actors, dancers, stunting etc.

Latest