Scroll to see replies

Did anyone else have an interview at Birmingham yesterday?? :smile:
Original post by katec13
Just got one from Newcastle!

Well done! What was your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:
Original post by afshan93
yep i heard from kings, got an interview on the 30th ! :biggrin:

still no reply from my other 3 though

SAME!!!! :biggrin: What times yours?? and what is this multiple mini interviews stuff?? never heard of it before :/
Reply 203
Original post by lollipop14
SAME!!!! :biggrin: What times yours?? and what is this multiple mini interviews stuff?? never heard of it before :/

sweeet, mines at 10am. They said on the open day, it eliminates any unfairness from the whole process since some interviewers have higher expectations than others so one might accept one applicant when the other one wouldn't
Reply 204
Hey,

Quick question: do you carry out dissections in the liverpool BDS course?
Reply 205
Original post by Pipsqeak
I was thinking exactly the same thing about the three short individual interviews .. I thought it meant by three different people but I'm not sure anymore!!

I was told 2 weeks in advance for mine I think, and it still doesn't feel like enough time to be prepared for it all!!

Yeh, sme

2 Weeks! Your sooo lucky! Ive only got a week, thats a little unfair since those who got told earlier will be at an advantage- not your fault at all :biggrin: but the admissions peolple really arent giving everyone an equal chance?

I dont know what that means about what thy thnk of me as an applicant if theyve only given me a week :s-smilie:
Really wasnt expecting anythin frm manchester?

How have u been preparing?
im just going over some past dentistry q's and practising how to deal with potential problems in dentistry, and talk about them with other ppl- like in the group discussion.

Do u knw wt the group discussion is about?
Wt othr unis have u applied 4, any offers??

Good luck! - btw is urs on the same day as mine? mite see u there:tongue:
Reply 206
Original post by rachaelr99
Hey Guys, I've just started dentistry in Cardiff and just wanted to let you all know that you REALLY dont need to be panicking about hearing back from universities yet!
I had 4 interviews and the earliest I heard was the week before xmas, that was Dundee.
Then Cardiff and Liverpool sent out invites to interviews in Mid January and it was end of Feb before I got invited for my King's interview.
So I know you're all stressed but there really is no need to worry just yet! Remember the admissions process goes on until March/April time! :smile:

Hey thanks for the advice! that has calmed my nerves down! also do you mind if I ask you what your UKCAT score was? x
Reply 207
Original post by neeloo
Yeh, sme

2 Weeks! Your sooo lucky! Ive only got a week, thats a little unfair since those who got told earlier will be at an advantage- not your fault at all :biggrin: but the admissions peolple really arent giving everyone an equal chance?

I dont know what that means about what thy thnk of me as an applicant if theyve only given me a week :s-smilie:
Really wasnt expecting anythin frm manchester?

How have u been preparing?
im just going over some past dentistry q's and practising how to deal with potential problems in dentistry, and talk about them with other ppl- like in the group discussion.

Do u knw wt the group discussion is about?
Wt othr unis have u applied 4, any offers??

Good luck! - btw is urs on the same day as mine? mite see u there:tongue:

I think it was two weeks, I was too excited because I wasn't expecting it that I didn't pay much attention to the day!! Mine is on the 21st, getting really close now!!

That is slightly unfair to give people different amounts of time, you would have thought they would do it all the same to give everyone the same chance..!! But you have an interview this early so they obviously liked you as an applicant otherwise you wouldn't have got one already :smile:

Yeah I've been doing similar, just trying to practice past questions too, and also trying to research topics that could help in the group discussion, but I have sort of given up on that now because it just seems like however much I do I still won't be prepared!!

I also applied to Newcastle, Cardiff and Barts, but I haven't heard anything back from them. How about you?
Reply 208
Original post by DennisTheMenace
Well done! What was your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:

It was 675! - Have you applied to Newcastle too?
(edited 12 years ago)
Newcastle interview 5th December YAY!
Original post by Fire Point

congrats mate:biggrin:
Reply 211
Original post by tomrickard1

Hey

What time is your interview on the 21st?

Mine's at 12:15 :biggrin:

Mine is at 3:10. Really not sure what to expect with the whole group interview bit now, and starting to worry!! Good luck with yours!!
Reply 212
Do Newcastle send out their interviews before they send out the rejections?
Reply 213
Original post by Fire Point

well in ! Are you a graduate because I'm trying to deduce weather Newcastle are going to send interviews to all graduates first and then undergrads later on ?

( just looked at your Sig ! My bad .... )
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 214
Interview at Newcastle on the 1st of December! :smile:
Reply 215
Original post by Pipsqeak
Interview at Newcastle on the 1st of December! :smile:

well in ! can I ask if your a graduate / undergrad . Also what did you get for the UKCAT (I'm trying to deduce in what way interviews are being given out ). Btw, at what time did you find out about the interview ?
Reply 216
Newc interview 6th dec! :biggrin:
Undergrad for the person asking and 2860 on ukcat

UKCAT only posted about sending scores to uni's on 14th nov so really quick turnaround by newc
Reply 217
Original post by ps3g4m3r
Newc interview 6th dec! :biggrin:
Undergrad for the person asking and 2860 on ukcat

UKCAT only posted about sending scores to uni's on 14th nov so really quick turnaround by newc

that was I :biggrin: Well done... btw At what time did you receive the interview ?
Reply 218
Original post by SRK.
that was I :biggrin: Well done... btw At what time did you receive the interview ?

14:04 I got the e-mail. Thanks, really glad i've got it but nervous now

Original post by strepsils-warm
Well done on the NCL interviews, I hear they are one of the friendliest and chilled out in interviews compared to other UK dental schools.

It'll be my first interview (hoping i get others) so im glad its Newc. and not the others based on this!
Reply 219
Original post by ps3g4m3r
14:04 I got the e-mail. Thanks, really glad i've got it but nervous now

It'll be my first interview (hoping i get others) so im glad its Newc. and not the others based on this!

where Else have you applied ?

Quick Reply

Latest