The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9220
Original post by confused dot com
I've been reading medical articles over the past few weeks and I went to a mock interview workshop, but that's about it! What about you?

Pretty much the same really, just been looking at questions and stuff. I havn't had a mock interview yet because I am nowhere near prepared! What I'm dreading most are the medical related questions, I don't want them to ask me about something which I have no idea about
Original post by elle246
I got an interview at Manchester, anyone else?

Snap! :biggrin: Is it on the 26th Jan by any chance? :smile:
Reply 9222
Original post by Quackers93
Snap! :biggrin: Is it on the 26th Jan by any chance? :smile:

I wish mine was then! :frown:
but unfortunately its on the 6th of December, leaving me with hardly any time to prepare! :s-smilie:
Reply 9223
Original post by medhopeful696969
can I join your little club?

Sure, although be warned this will be a club destined to diminish in size as time goes on :wink:
Original post by elle246
but unfortunately its on the 6th of December, leaving me with hardly any time to prepare! :s-smilie:

Nonsense, you have two weeks which is more than enough if utilized correctly :smile:
Reply 9225
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Nonsense, you have two weeks which is more than enough if utilized correctly :smile:

I know, but there is just so much to cram in! Going to have to do some hardcore preparation
Original post by elle246
I know, but there is just so much to cram in! Going to have to do some hardcore preparation

What is your understanding of the proposed NHS reforms in England and Wales? What do you expect the most challenging aspect of life as a doctor will be? Why is communication important in a clinical environment? etc
Reply 9227
Original post by Nator
Cambridge Interview! Absolutely buzzing!!!! :biggrin:

omgggg that must mean they have the BMAT results :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Original post by Cleoleo

Some colleges do give out interviews before they've received the results.
Reply 9229
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
What is your understanding of the proposed NHS reforms in England and Wales? What do you expect the most challenging aspect of life as a doctor will be? Why is communication important in a clinical environment? etc

Thanks, that certainly narrows things down :smile:
Original post by elle246

Quite a few uni's seem to be giving two weeks notice this year. I think for Cardiff some people are being giving just a weeks notice :O
Original post by confused dot com
What's everyone doing for King's interviews? I'm just looking at ethics and the generic questions at the moment, but I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with the amount of prep I do :colondollar:

im buying the paper and checking bbc health to make sure i keep up to date with the news, trying to look at things about medical ethics.

do you happen to know anywhere that explains the nhs reforms in a simple way? :s-smilie:
Reply 9232
Original post by Cleoleo

I hope so :laugh:
Reply 9233
Original post by laurie:)
im buying the paper and checking bbc health to make sure i keep up to date with the news, trying to look at things about medical ethics.

do you happen to know anywhere that explains the nhs reforms in a simple way? :s-smilie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12177084
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15198436
Original post by laurie:)

This is the website that I'm using, hope it helps :smile:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/6660888/ten-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-nhs-reforms.thtml

thanks!

i've googled it but only managed to find pdfs and articles criticising it - i don't want to know the bad points about it if i don't know whats going on!
Reply 9236
Has anyone got an interview invitation from CAMBRIDGE? If yes, what College haveyou applied to? Some of my friends already got invitations arggh!! I'm happy for them though :biggrin:
Reply 9237
Original post by Davidragon
Some colleges do give out interviews before they've received the results.

Ahhh, just hope the results aren't received by the uni's yet this early :/
No interviews for me yet...still
Original post by Nator
I hope so :laugh:

I think they send the results off tomorrow to the universities. Cambridge generally offer interviews to 90% of candidates (this is what I've been told, so don't quote me on it :colondollar:) then use the BMAT after when giving out offers.

Latest

Trending

Trending