The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9240
Original post by confused dot com
I think they send the results off tomorrow to the universities. Cambridge generally offer interviews to 90% of candidates (this is what I've been told, so don't quote me on it :colondollar:) then use the BMAT after when giving out offers.

Do you think its only the BMAT that counts at the end of the day?
It would not make too much sense. They could have in that case already shortlisted applicants for interviews based on their BMAT. It would avoid so much time spent with interviews and it would also avoid especially international students from flying unnecessarily to UK!!
I really don't hope BMAT will be such a determining factor :frown:
Original post by advik
Do you think its only the BMAT that counts at the end of the day?
It would not make too much sense. They could have in that case already shortlisted applicants for interviews based on their BMAT. It would avoid so much time spent with interviews and it would also avoid especially international students from flying unnecessarily to UK!!
I really don't hope BMAT will be such a determining factor :frown:

Sorry I didn't make it clear, but I meant that BMAT isn't generally used until after interviews (this isn't to say that it's automatically a massive determining factor), which is why Cambridge can send out interviews before they receive scores.
Reply 9242
I think they send the results off tomorrow to the universities. Cambridge generally offer interviews to 90% of candidates (this is what I've been told, so don't quote me on it :colondollar:) then use the BMAT after when giving out offers.

Ah right, but I dunno about the 90% in the case of med, I know 2 other Queens' applicants (1 has an interview, another has a rejection). Oh well, time to no life the next 3 weeks!
Original post by Nator
Ah right, but I dunno about the 90% in the case of med, I know 2 other Queens' applicants (1 has an interview, another has a rejection). Oh well, time to no life the next 3 weeks!

My careers advisor told me that so it probably isn't completely accurate! Congrats on your interview though, I didn't realise you had one until I scrolled up :biggrin:
Reply 9244
My careers advisor told me that so it probably isn't completely accurate! Congrats on your interview though, I didn't realise you had one until I scrolled up :biggrin:

Fair deuce, and thanks a lot! :biggrin:
P.S. Love your username! Don't think I told you that before :laugh: Although with those UMS your username makes no sense :wink:
Original post by Nator
Fair deuce, and thanks a lot! :biggrin:
P.S. Love your username! Don't think I told you that before :laugh: Although with those UMS your username makes no sense :wink:

Lol, thanks I think I was just stuck for ideas and the advert came on!
Reply 9246
Original post by liviaaa
Congratss! Me too! :biggrin:

Congrats.
I remember u being really worried about applying there/to bristol, don't remember which one but congrats anyways. :smile:
Reply 9247
Original post by ViceVersa
Thank you :biggrin: Believe me when I say I screamed and did continuous cartwheels :tongue:

1st Dec, so soon wow :smile: and thanks :biggrin:!

Trust me, I was like this last night, and I was depressed ALL DAY. But that made it a good surprise. Be patient and it'll happen :yes:

I think you're right :eek: WOW.

Read what I said to Besakt :smile:

LUCKY!
I am the only interview-less person now.
Funny, how we were just discussing this yesterday
Reply 9248
Original post by apple17
LUCKY!

You're not, I'm too :redface:
do you reckon we'll need to know about the history of the nhs?
Reply 9250
Original post by apple17
Congrats.
I remember u being really worried about applying there/to bristol, don't remember which one but congrats anyways. :smile:

Hmm, I've just been worried about all of them in general haha. Aww thanks. :biggrin: How's your ucas going? I haven't spoken to you since the UKCAT I don't think haha.
Original post by laurie:)

I'm worried about this too :/
Original post by apple17
LUCKY!

Thank you :biggrin: I am very lucky imo :smile: and haha isn't it funny? And I was miserable all day today just before I got the email :colondollar:
Reply 9253
Original post by laurie:)

I hope not, or at least not in detail... Maybe perhaps about the original idea of publicly funded healthcare, but probably nothing too in detail. Still, more knowledge than necessary is unlikely to do harm!
Original post by pianoboe
I hope not, or at least not in detail... Maybe perhaps about the original idea of publicly funded healthcare, but probably nothing too in detail. Still, more knowledge than necessary is unlikely to do harm!

i think i might just read up on why it got started, its main values today etc etc cause they kind of lead into the reforms.

i don't want to feel like im rabitting on for ages for each question though. can you talk too much in an interview?
Reply 9255
My friend officially told me off today for constantly checking my emails :redface:
Reply 9256
Original post by liviaaa
Hmm, I've just been worried about all of them in general haha. Aww thanks. :biggrin: How's your ucas going? I haven't spoken to you since the UKCAT I don't think haha.

So far, no news. One of the few with no interview. so scary and i think i am going to be rejected by all four. Is bham ur top choices btw?
Yeah, long time no talk. How a-level and stuff!
Reply 9257
Original post by ViceVersa
Thank you :biggrin: I am very lucky imo :smile: and haha isn't it funny? And I was miserable all day today just before I got the email :colondollar:

No probs. I know, it was funny cuz i came on here, saw ur interview and thought about how miserable you were yesterday
Good job and hope u do well. :smile:
Reply 9258
Original post by cz100
You're not, I'm too :redface:

What! tbh, I am pre surprised cuz you have really good academics and scores. Thought i was the only one left, but hope we get some news soon. Where did u apply btw?
Reply 9259
Original post by apple17
What! tbh, I am pre surprised cuz you have really good academics and scores. Thought i was the only one left, but hope we get some news soon. Where did u apply btw?

Cambridge, Birmingham, QUB, Southampton. Not a word about interviews, and Birmingham are really good at constantly sending newsletters to trick you :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending