The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple17
No probs. I know, it was funny cuz i came on here, saw ur interview and thought about how miserable you were yesterday
Good job and hope u do well. :smile:

sorry to but in but i really hope you get an interview! you just seem so lovely, remembering everybody and how they felt, you deserve an interview! :smile:

just you wait, sooner or later, you'll get one :biggrin:
Reply 9261
Original post by cz100
Cambridge, Birmingham, QUB, Southampton. Not a word about interviews, and Birmingham are really good at constantly sending newsletters to trick you :frown:

Aww don't worry
I am sure you will get in, you have amazing a-levels and GCSEs. Belfast doesn't interview right? (atleast nor for intls)
Thats a pretty dirty trick by birmingham. :angry:
Reply 9262
Original post by apple17
Aww don't worry
I am sure you will get in, you have amazing a-levels and GCSEs. Belfast doesn't interview right? (atleast nor for intls)
Thats a pretty dirty trick by birmingham. :angry:

Think this is first year QUB are interviewing, but I don't know about internationals. They shortlist applicants based on GCSE and UKCAT but after that it's purely based on interview performance.
To make it worse those newsletter are always entitled 'Information from the University of Birmingham'. Nasty eh?
Reply 9263
Original post by laurie:)
sorry to but in but i really hope you get an interview! you just seem so lovely, remembering everybody and how they felt, you deserve an interview! :smile:

Its alright. And thank you so much!!The wait is so torturous but guess patience is a virtue. :wink:
Having u started interview prep or are u procrastinating too much. :P
Reply 9264
Original post by cz100
Think this is first year QUB are interviewing, but I don't know about internationals. They shortlist applicants based on GCSE and UKCAT but after that it's purely based on interview performance.
To make it worse those newsletter are always entitled 'Information from the University of Birmingham'. Nasty eh?

Ah, good luck. Sure our turn will EVENTUALLY come
Nasty stuff, so glad i didn't apply there. I would burst from all the stress, tears, anger and disappointment. Whats ur top choice, guessing Cambridge?
Original post by apple17
Its alright. And thank you so much!!The wait is so torturous but guess patience is a virtue. :wink:
Having u started interview prep or are u procrastinating too much. :P

patience is a virtue that i have yet to aquire :tongue:

i have a little actually, ive started making notes on the nhs reforms, and i bought the paper today :tongue:
Reply 9266
Original post by apple17
Ah, good luck. Sure our turn will EVENTUALLY come
Nasty stuff, so glad i didn't apply there. I would burst from all the stress, tears, anger and disappointment. Whats ur top choice, guessing Cambridge?

Cambridge definitely. Don't really have a preference between the others. We had a talk about Irish universities today, it's really quite confusing, but I might apply there too.
Reply 9267
Original post by cz100
Cambridge definitely. Don't really have a preference between the others. We had a talk about Irish universities today, it's really quite confusing, but I might apply there too.

Oh, I am looking at that option too! RCS Ireland and Uni of dublin but don't get what to submit and where to. Too complicated!. :s-smilie:
best of luck for cambridge. :smile:
Reply 9268
patience is a virtue that i have yet to aquire :tongue:

i have a little actually, ive started making notes on the nhs reforms, and i bought the paper today :tongue:

Nah, i just say it but i am pretty impatient. ironic, eh!
Oh nice job. I thought bbc health online would suffice?
Original post by apple17
Nah, i just say it but i am pretty impatient. ironic, eh!
Oh nice job. I thought bbc health online would suffice?

this application process has made me more impatient than ever :tongue:

it probably would, but i have an hour and a bits worth of train journeying to school and back everyday, so its good to get a little bit of prep done during that time :smile:
Reply 9270
this application process has made me more impatient than ever :tongue:

it probably would, but i have an hour and a bits worth of train journeying to school and back everyday, so its good to get a little bit of prep done during that time :smile:

I know. I feel like all med schools should have their decision by this time. :P
Woah, school's pretty far for you and that is a nice idea. Usually, i sleep on the train every time I use it. :P
King's is ur top choice right?
Original post by apple17
I know. I feel like all med schools should have their decision by this time. :P
Woah, school's pretty far for you and that is a nice idea. Usually, i sleep on the train every time I use it. :P
King's is ur top choice right?

same! but when you think about it, theyve only had our applications for a month, and our ukcats for a week or so, so it hasnt even been that long!

yeah, its good to be able to use that time cause normally i just stare into space/read the metro/sleep :tongue:

and yupp! <3 kings
Original post by apple17
So far, no news. One of the few with no interview. so scary and i think i am going to be rejected by all four. Is bham ur top choices btw?
Yeah, long time no talk. How a-level and stuff!

I know it's near enough imposible but try not to worry to much about not getting an interview so early :tongue: As far as I know it doesn't make a difference to most (if not all) unis whether it's early or late. Last year I didn't hear until January for my interview and I'd already been rejected by one uni a few days before christmas :frown: Also remember tsr generally don't represent the majority of the population and tbh theres probably quite a lot of people on here without interviews who just don't want to mention it :tongue:
Reply 9273
It's funny but the whole application madness has made me so numb that I don't even care about their decision anymore. I've spend my last year preparing for this, screwed the ukcat and, on top, it is largely a matter of luck. So, yeah, whatever...
(edited 12 years ago)
do you guys in england do dissections? just curious...
Am I right in thinking that our BMAT scores have now been sent off??
Reply 9276
same! but when you think about it, theyve only had our applications for a month, and our ukcats for a week or so, so it hasnt even been that long!

yeah, its good to be able to use that time cause normally i just stare into space/read the metro/sleep :tongue:

and yupp! <3 kings

Oh true, and i heard most med school receives like approx 4000 application. Ah, thats a nice way to put it. *feels less stressed*
Haha, just like me but yeah, lucky cuz i have been so swamped with school work, no time to concentrate on interview prep.
Aww, good luck and same here. It is an awesome academics and social environment. :smile:
Reply 9277
Original post by Quackers93
I know it's near enough imposible but try not to worry to much about not getting an interview so early :tongue: As far as I know it doesn't make a difference to most (if not all) unis whether it's early or late. Last year I didn't hear until January for my interview and I'd already been rejected by one uni a few days before christmas :frown: Also remember tsr generally don't represent the majority of the population and tbh theres probably quite a lot of people on here without interviews who just don't want to mention it :tongue:

Thank you for the assurance. I feel much better cuz i thought people interviewed later may have higher chance of rejection as the uni would already have made tons of offers. Going to try destressing about the process this weekend and stop checking my emails and tsr constantly. :tongue:
Have you got any news btw?
Original post by jaklargerne
do you guys in england do dissections? just curious...

(assume you're talking about human dissection at medical school and not other random dissections at A level etc)

Depends on the medical school. Some do, some don't.

Personally I'm at BL and human dissection is not a standard part of the course. We get prossections which we are encouraged to handle and become familiar with. Human dissection is available as an SSC which I've opted for so hopefully I'll get to do some human dissection this year :yy:

Policy varies though :h:
Original post by apple17
No probs. I know, it was funny cuz i came on here, saw ur interview and thought about how miserable you were yesterday
Good job and hope u do well. :smile:

I was pretty miserable! :lol: Thanks and I know you will get one soon enough :yes:

She does deserve an interview, doesn't she ? :smile: SHE WILL GET ONE.

Latest