The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Helenia
Time for a team intervention, I feel.

Community beating?
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
Community beating?

Perhaps tempting, but probably not the most subtle/GMC-friendly way of making your point.
It's a shame my upcoming paeds/GP/derm exam doesn't test me at giving flu vaccines, doing them like a pro now.

Hi have you had a flu vaccine before? Any allergies to vaccines or antibiotics etc etc etc. expel bubbles , stab. Next! :p:
Reply 6723
you know who i hate, those students who seem like a pushover (quiet, shy, socially awkward) and then they latch on to your opportunities, clinics, consultants, etc. and are gunners deep inside... these are sly. and unfortunately I'm with one for most of this year. Joy.
Reply 6724
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
If I was to present something at a regional level, what sort of evidence would I need to say I'd done it? :holmes:

they usually provide certificates for attendance/presentation
Original post by Mushi_master
The gunners managed to get on everyones wick yet again today, turning up to a clinic when it was supposed to be scheduled for someone else. The worst thing is I'm with them again for my next rotation, great.

Don't the docs get pissed? I don't understand why they'd crash a clinic, did they miss theirs or something?

Surely the docs would realise if they were expecting 3 med students called X Y anf Z but five called X Y Z, P and Q turned up? Reckon you could make a complaint to your year co-ordinators to get them to send an email around saying people should only go to clinics they're assigned and anyone else will be sent home?

They did something similar with our anatomy sessions. For different reasons though, people were top loading Tuesday afternoon sessions to get off early on a Friday.
Reply 6726
too much work! I swear medicine was never this hard >_>
I'm sitting next to Becca-Sarah :teeth:

Clearly I should be listening in this lovely lecture about bone... :ninja:
Reply 6728
Original post by RollerBall
You seem to have done most of the legwork yourself. A GPU is arguably the easiest bit to upgrade. It's mostly a case of checking if anywhere else there would be a bottleneck (which from the sounds of it there wouldn't be) and what res/quality you'll want to play at. Price, arguably is the most limiting factor in picking a GPU though really.

If you want any help just give me a shout. The 560ti is a pretty solid mid range part though. It sounds like the 7 AMD or 6 series Nvid might be out by the time you upgrade though.

lol more i7s at Hammersmith Hospital, and they all have 8Gb of RAM. :biggrin:
Some idiot put one of the learning objectives of PBL as the mechanism of action of ibuprofen. And I got assigned it. ATM it seems like I'm reading French lol (even on wiki). Any ideas? And I also got "in what cases does ibuprofen fail to reduce swelling * dead*
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by englishman129
Some idiot put one of the learning objectives of PBL as the mechanism of action of ibuprofen. And I got assigned it. ATM it seems like I'm reading French lol (even on wiki). Any ideas? And I also got "in what cases does ibuprofen fail to reduce swelling * dead*

What exactly regarding the mechanism confuses you? I'm suspecting you haven't done much arachidonic acid-prostaglandin stuff yet?
Original post by englishman129

Look at the pathways of inflammation, and the factors/chemicals/things involved. Then look at which things correlate with what you're reading on wiki - ie which things is ibuprofen inhibiting. Also - COX *snigger*
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Also - COX *snigger*

COX! I've taken to shouting this whenever the subject comes up. I am a very mature 20.
I've never felt like this, but there are some applicants in the main medical forum I just want to hit in the face.

Have you seen that thread about how intense the medical degree is? I hope to God most of these are trolls.

EDIT: I just noticed some of them have managed to leak into this forum. FUUUUUUUU
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Philosoraptor
It's a shame my upcoming paeds/GP/derm exam

Aren't you intercalating in Surgical Sciences?
Original post by Captain Crash
Aren't you intercalating in Surgical Sciences?

Nope - I has that already!
I'm a true 4th year (i.e. if I were at gimpy or I guess Oxbridge I'd say 5th year?)
Drunk as ive ever been. aparentaly i was shouting the knights who say niii bit on the bus then passed out good night then.
Reply 6737
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Drunk as ive ever been. aparentaly i was shouting the knights who say niii bit on the bus then passed out good night then.
Good work!
Original post by malaz_197
have any of you seen this? things haven't changed apart from bare below the elbow!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWjAeAa52o

That actually looks like a hysterical film to watch, seeming as it's a casual saturday afternoon, why not eh.

Original post by crazylemon
I liked on call. Did my first abg and got it first tIme without the patient yelping.
But I am so tired.

I have a 1:30 hour commute with no accom. It has been exhausting the las 8 weeks.

And next time is worse possibly...not living south of the river next year!

My F2 let myself and another student practice ABG's on him.. I'm quite curious to see how much it actually hurts tbh. (I say this, yet I wouldn't practise subcut injections on myself. haha.

Original post by Mushi_master
Will be atleast an hour commute for me for my next rotation (Woolwich for Neuro and Psych), with no accomm. Will be a definite change from this, whereas I'd personally rather remain here all year!

I enjoy the on calls too (sorry docs!), but didn't get to go on the one I planned to do yesterday evening because of some folks on our firm being rather competitive and not caring if someone else had planned to organise it first. Much rage.

What do you do on call? Ours seem so boring, unfortunately!
Reply 6739
We practised putting cannulae into each other. lol

Latest

Trending

Trending