The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6960
whaaaaat they've given out interviews all ready? Does that mean the rest of us are bunked? how does this work???
Original post by asterix9
whaaaaat they've given out interviews all ready? Does that mean the rest of us are bunked? how does this work???

No they're being given out in batches depending on the subject and college.
Original post by such_a_lady
has got an interview for Chinese.

Maybe point out that to get an interview for Chinese at Cambridge you basically just need a pulse... :rolleyes:

She's also the one going "Oh, still no offers Chiara? What a SHAME. Haha I just got my third offer, look at me!" :colonhash: I was the FIRST ONE to send my form off, dammit. I am so tempted to say "Well Cambridge interview everyone. so there." but that is NOT a good idea :colonhash:

Don't worry about that... my bf only just started getting other offers after his Oxford one had come, but ended up with all five :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6963
Original post by Caranthirion
Any owls from Exeter? Also does anybody know whether answering via e-mail is part of their policy?

Nothing yet.
Reply 6964
Original post by medbh4805
Same. I complain about my school but really if I had to chose again I wouldn't have chosen an integrated school (the closest thing to comprehensives in NI). Meh. :dontknow:

They're not so bad :tongue:

Original post by LittleMissDitzy
Haha I'm really sure it's just speculation, but either way, the wait is killing me!

Same, same. Every time I get an email I get hopeful that it's news, and it just turns out to be a pointless email from Argos or something.
Original post by medbh4805
I was joking :yes:

If I do get in for classics I think it's likely I'm going to have to get used to them :beard:

....:sexface:

My school supplies an alarming percentage of Oxford's female Classicist population, and they are all lovely :biggrin:
People have started glaring at me now because my phone email notification goes off so loudly and I'm like CAN YOU BLAME ME
And the people being the most patronising are obviously those with two or three offers already, it's clear no one actually cares :colonhash: I like say one thing about not having any offers and get halfway through the sentence and then THERE THERE CALM DOWN NOW IT'S FINE CHILL OUT SERIOUSLY...erm, thanks?
The first one has got an interview at my school :sigh: this is Earth Sciences girl, she decided to text the other five applicants including me en masse, partly to brag and partly to be all like "check your emails, I'm sure it'll come soon!" I appreciate the thought, but as if I'm not keeping an eye on my emails :colonhash: I think the other applicants wanted to murder her too, though.
Getting sick of the bragging on Facebook statuses, too, I'm not going to post anything if I get any offers or interviews, or if I do, it'll be in German :colonhash:
People have started glaring at me now because my phone email notification goes off so loudly and I'm like CAN YOU BLAME ME
And the people being the most patronising are obviously those with two or three offers already, it's clear no one actually cares :colonhash: I like say one thing about not having any offers and get halfway through the sentence and then THERE THERE CALM DOWN NOW IT'S FINE CHILL OUT SERIOUSLY...erm, thanks?
The first one has got an interview at my school :sigh: this is Earth Sciences girl, she decided to text the other five applicants including me en masse, partly to brag and partly to be all like "check your emails, I'm sure it'll come soon!" I appreciate the thought, but as if I'm not keeping an eye on my emails :colonhash: I think the other applicants wanted to murder her too, though.
Getting sick of the bragging on Facebook statuses, too, I'm not going to post anything if I get any offers or interviews, or if I do, it'll be in German :colonhash:

The girl who got 4 offers and keeps writing about it on Facebook got shouted down in Form today, even the teacher was like..."nobody cares, do some work"...:smile:

I'll update with my school's applicants': (this is like a soap opera)

My friend who applied for Cambridge Medicine has an interview :biggrin:
This other girl who applied for Cambridge Law was rejected today :frown:
Me, my friend who's applying for Music and my other friend who's applying for Chemistry at Oxford have yet to hear anything :s-smilie: (not sure if that's a good or bad thing...)
I got an interview at St. Hughs for Earth Sciences! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by lukas1051

Same as the girl in my college :tongue: She's blonde and is called Ellie, no doubt you will meet her at St Hugh's :wink:

Well done, btw!!
:shock: I just +reped (blah, however you turn that into a verb) you! HOW? :rolleyes:
It fits anyway because you're awesome :smile:
Pleeeease post the five offers you're going to get on Fb in German when you get them (when, not if!)!
You're one of the most interested and interesting people I ever met and everything's going to be great - das Warten wird sich lohnen (at least that's what I hope :/ )
Kurz: du bist toll :heart:
Aber es neeeervt so unglaublich! Jetzt bewerben sich die ersten Leute in meiner Stufe für ein Soziales Jahr, werden nach einer (!!) Woche zum Interview eingeladen und dann direkt genommen! Hallo? Wo ist die Gerechtigkeit??? Aaaaah!

That passage is basically me ranting and telling Chiara that she's the best.

:woo:

Your UCAS application seems pretty epic :eek: well done on those offers/ interviews!
Same as the girl in my college :tongue: She's blonde and is called Ellie, no doubt you will meet her at St Hugh's :wink:

Well done, btw!!

Aha, nice :wink: thank you! I hope it all goes well for you too (and I hope you at least hear from somewhere soon).

Original post by Niki_girl
:woo:

Your UCAS application seems pretty epic :eek: well done on those offers/ interviews!

Thanks! It's all happened so quickly for me, this past month has been so hectic, but even if I don't get into Oxford I'll still be more than happy elsewhere :smile: good luck to you.
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
My school supplies an alarming percentage of Oxford's female Classicist population, and they are all lovely :biggrin:

:beard:

:sexface:
Original post by Phia7
Why is the Facebook group at war with us?? :frown:
Our smileys are soooo much more... :sexface:

because they are FOOLS.

:colonhash:
Original post by Doojam
I don't need to play, I just am :yep:

For now... :colone:

Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Maybe point out that to get an interview for Chinese at Cambridge you basically just need a pulse... :rolleyes:

omg hahahah :rofl:

Oooh Well Done! :woo:

Plan on doing some work before going out tonight, this is going to be a rough year considering everyone's turning 18

:mmm:
Original post by manic_fuzz
For now... :colone:

omg hahahah :rofl:

Oooh Well Done! :woo:

Plan on doing some work before going out tonight, this is going to be a rough year considering everyone's turning 18

too true one of my mate's tonight one on Sunday :s-smilie: working at any opportunity now
Any idea when us Chemistry applicants will hear from Oxford ?
Original post by manic_fuzz

tell me about it. Neither my purse nor my liver can handle it :no:
Original post by gtfo
Name (optional): gtfo
Subject: Law
College: Harris Manchester
How you found out: Just finished my daily check of tsr/track for news of offers etc. Having berated myself for performing this pointless and futile ritual again, I closed track to see the gmail tab open behind it with an invitation email from HMC.
[Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: I lack words to express just how elated I feel right now

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you receive your acknowledgement letter? I've also applied for Law at HMC but have not heard from them yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending