The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doojam
They're not so bad :tongue:

Nah I know. My mum used to teach in a secondary modern back in the day, my older sister went to one. They ran it like a military base though, which is probably why they always managed to do quite well in exams etc. Meh. If I failed my 11+ I probably would have gone there :yes: ; the integrated school in my city doesn't have a great reputation tbh, although they've had some very successful former pupils :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DHolliday
too true one of my mate's tonight one on Sunday :s-smilie: working at any opportunity now

I seem to be spending all my opportunities in which i can do work just procrastinating instead :colonhash: mmm

Original post by medbh4805
tell me about it. Neither my purse nor my liver can handle it :no:

Alcoholic! :mmm:
Has anyone received an economic's interview yet? PPE, EM?
:smile:
Reply 6983
I keep getting the urge to post "OMG YOU GUYS , I GOT AN INTERVIEWWWW!" on the facebook group...

just for fun.

This wait is driving me crazy, quite literally. :/
It is so tempting. So, so tempting. :rolleyes:
Original post by Olive12
I keep getting the urge to post "OMG YOU GUYS , I GOT AN INTERVIEWWWW!" on the facebook group...

just for fun.

This wait is driving me crazy, quite literally. :/
Reply 6985
Nah I know. My mum used to teach in a secondary modern back in the day, my older sister went to one. They ran it like a military base though, which is probably why they always managed to do quite well in exams etc. Meh. If I failed my 11+ I probably would have gone there :yes: ; the integrated school in my city doesn't have a great reputation tbh, although they've had some very successful former pupils :dontknow:

Yeah, our school is fairly strict. It doesn't feel sorry gladly bad but compared to my brother's school it is. Accordingly, the results at my school are considerably better than his. I think it's good to mix with a wide range of people too, although Oxford could be a massive shock of I did get in, pahaha.
Reply 6986
How are offers received anyway? On track?
Reply 6987
Original post by manic_fuzz
For now... :colone:

Ahaha, why should it change? :angel:
Original post by Planar

Well offers will be received on track, but we won't hear anything about offers until after interview... if you mean interview notifications, I received an email for mine :smile:
Reply 6989
Original post by Planar

You'll get a letter but they aren't allowed by UCAS to tell you your offer conditions, although as far as I know Oxford always offer the standard entry requirements. Then track will update afterwards
Corpus names plant as presidential candidate

There was a surprise nomination for the Corpus Christi JCR Presidential election this week as ‘Jeremy the Plant’ was added to the ballot.

Dimov also explained Jeremy’s reluctance to release a statement to Cherwell directly, “Jeremy is a candidate committed to the humane treatment of plants. As such, he has so far avoided all paper media.”

However, Robberts added, “Jeremy cannot win the election, he hasn't paid his JCR levy and thus his candidature is strictly unconstitutional.”
Reply 6991
I just got an offer from Southampton. Finally! :woo:
Reply 6992
Original post by Doojam
I just got an offer from Southampton. Finally! :woo:

Megan, did I not say yesterday that I could sense you would get one soon ? :tongue:

WELL DONEEEEEEE :biggrin: You must be so relieved!

What are the conditions?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6993
Original post by Olive12
Megan, did I not say yesterday that I could sense you would get one soon ? :tongue:

WELL DONEEEEEEE :biggrin: You must be so relieved!

What are the conditions?

I am thanking you and your psychic abilities for this :biggrin:

It's AAA or AABB, so basically AABB for me.

The relief is intense. I typed my Ucas code wrong about ten times :eek:
Reply 6994
Original post by Doojam
I am thanking you and your psychic abilities for this :biggrin:

It's AAA or AABB, so basically AABB for me.

The relief is intense. I typed my Ucas code wrong about ten times :eek:

Woop, step aside Psychic Sally :wink:

That's pretty reasonable. You'll easily get those grades!
Reply 6995
Original post by Olive12
Woop, step aside Psychic Sally :wink:

That's pretty reasonable. You'll easily get those grades!

Yeah, I was really happy with the grades. They're lower than I'd expected and they said I needed maths but didn't say I have to have an A in it, which takes off additional pressure :smile:
Original post by manic_fuzz

Alcoholic! :mmm:

but you have to have a drink for the birthday girl/boy....
Original post by Doojam
Yeah, our school is fairly strict. It doesn't feel sorry gladly bad but compared to my brother's school it is. Accordingly, the results at my school are considerably better than his. I think it's good to mix with a wide range of people too, although Oxford could be a massive shock of I did get in, pahaha.

hmmm, well until I was about 16 or so most of my friends didn't go to my school at all, then they all went to uni and I had to make friends my own age :colonhash:

now I just hang out with catholic girls all the time :colone:

so meh. I don't think it really limited me too much, but maybe I am getting a bit too used to being around grammar school girls, getting set in my ways :beard:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6998
hmmm, well until I was about 16 or so most of my friends didn't go to my school at all, then they all went to uni and I had to make friends my own age :colonhash:

now I just hang out with catholic girls all the time :colone:

so meh. I don't think it really limited me too much, but maybe I am getting a bit too used to being around grammar school girls, getting set in my ways :beard:

Uni will force you to open up though :smile:

Edit: I just realised that sounded overtly sexual.
Original post by Doojam
Uni will force you to open up though :smile:

Edit: I just realised that sounded overtly sexual.

I look forward to it. :perv:

Latest