The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Patriot
the pats red home throwback is the best. but i cant go with my team so its the old saints or eagles unis for me...

I haven't posted in here for ages, so though I'd get back into the swing of things. Since you can't say the Pats red throwback jersey, I will say it.
The Browns season is incredibly consistent in scraping new lows. The one strong-point we had last season, a Pro-Bowl O-Line, has completely disappeared this year, from injuries to any acceptable tackles to lacklustre effort from Alex Mack and Joe Thomas.

We just managed 4 field goals up against the ****ing Rams, of all people. We get 9 yards from the goal line, 1 point down with 2 minutes to play, and Shurmur calls 3 ****ing runs. When our first 3 running backs are injured. He gave one of them to a ****ing Tight End for his first career run attempt. McCoy was finally playing acceptably, we finally had the chance to give him a TD and a win and something to actually play for, and Shurmur refuses to give him the ball. Then Alex Mack, last year's Pro-Bowl Center, ****s the snap and we miss the FG.

No idea how Shurmur is considered an NFL coach, the only explanation I have is that he's getting big money for helping the Browns play this dreadfully.
Looking good to bring myself up to (and drag the current lead team down to) 8-2 in the fantasy league. :awesome:
Original post by TheMagicRat
I haven't posted in here for ages, so though I'd get back into the swing of things. Since you can't say the Pats red throwback jersey, I will say it.

good man! you know it makes sense rodney :wink:
Original post by Stevo_Mc
You just gayed up the thread. Cheers

Are Bangor for real then?
Reply 2985
The old eagles uniforms remind me of notre dame's new uniform (college level)

I don't think that any of the nfl uniforms are anything special so I have to go with my default choice which is my favorite team

I won't be saying my favourite team has the best uniform. Jags' home jersey is horrible.
anyone got a stream for this game
Thank F**k for Brady. Just saved my ass in my fantasy team :colonhash:
Original post by Tokyoround
Thank F**k for Brady. Just saved my ass in my fantasy team :colonhash:

He's a BEAST
I like the Ravens all black kit. Cody and Ngata on the D-Line are like a black hole and just swallow people up. :biggrin:
Original post by B-More52
I like the Ravens all black kit. Cody and Ngata on the D-Line are like a black hole and just swallow people up. :biggrin:

good choice. looks badass fosho :L
8-2. :rock:

But Schaub is crocked. :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2993
I don't think much needs to be said about last night.... apart from:

TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I've loved Tebow since his days at Florida but I don't think this will last long. You can only go barely winning close games for so long, eventually he's either going to breakout as amazing or just plain suck.
love exciting QBs like Vick and Tebow. So fun to watch. Wouldn't want them as Patriots tbh, but love em all the same :P
love exciting QBs like Vick and Tebow. So fun to watch. Wouldn't want them as Patriots tbh, but love em all the same :P

If you have a 16 QB revolving door after Brady as we have since Marino, I think you'd be more open to the possibility. Although that won't happen because you'll probably just groom someone like Ryan Mallett for the future and with Bellichick as coach, he can provide a good system as a platform to some degree of success.

Speaking of Qbs in next years draft, it could be a good QB year. Luck, Landry Jones, Robert Griffin III (possibly one of those athletic exciting QBs) and Matt Barkley could all be first round picks. I was reading something earlier that Bucky Brooks (NFL.com guy) thinks there could be as many as 8 Qbs drafted in the first 2 rounds.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
If you have a 16 QB revolving door after Brady as we have since Marino, I think you'd be more open to the possibility. Although that won't happen because you'll probably just groom someone like Ryan Mallett for the future and with Bellichick as coach, he can provide a good system as a platform to some degree of success.

Speaking of Qbs in next years draft, it could be a good QB year. Luck, Landry Jones, Robert Griffin III (possibly one of those athletic exciting QBs) and Matt Barkley could all be first round picks. I was reading something earlier that Bucky Brooks (NFL.com guy) thinks there could be as many as 8 Qbs drafted in the first 2 rounds.

It's a trend that will continue for some years to come in my opinion. Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Manning, Rodgers. All superbowl winning QBs. The NFL is becoming more and more reliant on having an epic QB, and so the stock invested in finding one will get higher and higher. You could trade the 1st overall pick in the 2012 draft (presuming Luck stays on track) for SOOOOO many picks and or players.
It's a trend that will continue for some years to come in my opinion. Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Manning, Rodgers. All superbowl winning QBs. The NFL is becoming more and more reliant on having an epic QB, and so the stock invested in finding one will get higher and higher. You could trade the 1st overall pick in the 2012 draft (presuming Luck stays on track) for SOOOOO many picks and or players.

Yeah, rules changes have made the passing game way more effective than ever before over the last 10-15 years - it probably won't change for a very long time. The problem is there really aren't many of those elite level passers around, which means this upcoming draft class for QBs could be an interesting one to look at given how many there seem to be that could be high-ish picks.

The guys you mention are Pocket QBs who are accurate, clever, strong armed players, not hugely mobile players (Rodgers and Big Ben scramble a bit more than the other 3). The usual knock on athletic Qbs is their accuracy and smarts, but they have the mobility a Pocket qb wouldn't necessarily have. It's interesting though because if you look at Cam Newton, he's adapting to the league this year but he does seem to be an unusually good mix of those sides to the position at a young age - 84.0 QB rating so far, a 60% completion rating, 11 Passing and 7 Rushing TDs and 374 yards rushing. A defense having to prepare for a possible scramble opens a passing game up a little bit more.
Original post by OxfordGoBrach

Woo RG3 is amazing! Baylor university are terrible but RG3 is incredible!

Matt Barkley is from my college USC so of course i'm rooting for him to do well, hopefully better than Sanchez :holmes:

Latest