The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

offer from uni of manchester yesterday they wanted 2a's and a b and an offer from birmingham today they want 3 a's I only just sent of my ucas aswell so :smile:
Reply 5221
Original post by Abbyyyyyyy

Original post by Abbyyyyyyy
I did Maths, Psychology, French and English Lit at AS, and I'm now doing Maths, French and Psychology at A2 and picked up Further Maths as an AS too. :smile:

What were your GCSE's like? Where have you applied to for Economics if you don't mind me asking! :biggrin:

Also sent you a PM regarding something.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5222
Original post by 1729d
Congratulations! May I ask when you sent your UCAS application off please?

Many thanks :smile:

No idea why you got negged.. Repped you (Y)

Had one stressful week, teacher put in the wrong predicted grades for one of my subjects.. My referees had to email my universities giving them the corrected predicted grade :facepalm2:
Reply 5223
Oh and well done to everyone who's got offers :biggrin:
Reply 5224
Offer From Birmingham woop :biggrin:
Reply 5225
Original post by Hemzo
No idea why you got negged.. Repped you (Y)

Had one stressful week, teacher put in the wrong predicted grades for one of my subjects.. My referees had to email my universities giving them the corrected predicted grade :facepalm2:

:O Hope you sorted it all out! That would be so stressful
Reply 5226
Original post by Tateco
:O Hope you sorted it all out! That would be so stressful

Almost, just need to wait on Southampton to confirm that they've made the changes. My other universities have said it's not a problem and they've changed it, hope offers will follow soon :biggrin:

Hows your UCAS going Tat? Any offers?
Reply 5227
Original post by Hemzo
Almost, just need to wait on Southampton to confirm that they've made the changes. My other universities have said it's not a problem and they've changed it, hope offers will follow soon :biggrin:

Hows your UCAS going Tat? Any offers?

Good to hear! :biggrin: You heard anything from any of them yet?

And nope, no offers yet, got an interview for Cambridge but hopefully I'll get something soon, it's been over a month! :s-smilie:
Original post by Tateco

And nope, no offers yet, got an interview for Cambridge but hopefully I'll get something soon, it's been over a month! :s-smilie:

Didn't you get an offer from Bath a while ago? :smile:
Reply 5229
Original post by Tateco

Just acknowledgements so far, I think it'll be a while till I get anything more than that :tongue:. Ah congratulations! All the best for the interview! And a month?! I'm pretty sure offers will come by soon :biggrin:
Reply 5230
Got an interview invite from St Catharine's earlier today :smile:

Does anyone else that has one have interviews that are right after eachother?! Don't we have the "preparatory study at interview"? Thought we'd get time before the interview to have a read over the article or whatever it is...

I'm confused as to what the interview will actually involve now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5231
Original post by nightmare91
Didn't you get an offer from Bath a while ago? :smile:

Nope, that was Groat :smile:

Original post by Hemzo
Just acknowledgements so far, I think it'll be a while till I get anything more than that :tongue:. Ah congratulations! All the best for the interview! And a month?! I'm pretty sure offers will come by soon :biggrin:

It looks like all three of us are still waiting then! Hopefully we all hear something soon :smile:
Reply 5232
Original post by Amyk94
Got an interview invite from St Catharine's earlier today :smile:

Does anyone else that has one have interviews that are right after eachother?! Don't we have the "preparatory study at interview"? Thought we'd get time before the interview to have a read over the article or whatever it is...

I'm confused as to what the interview will actually involve now.

Yep, I'm in the same position. Maybe they would give us an article right there?
Reply 5233
Original post by Dat Guy
Yep, I'm in the same position. Maybe they would give us an article right there?

Hmm I'm not sure, other colleges give it around 20 mins before the interview... So it would be kind of unfair on us if we had less time.

But maybe the preparatory study differs from college to college? Perhaps we don't even get an article?!
Original post by Tateco

It looks like all three of us are still waiting then! Hopefully we all hear something soon :smile:

I'm still waiting as well, nice little club we've got going here...
Reply 5235
Original post by Amyk94
Hmm I'm not sure, other colleges give it around 20 mins before the interview... So it would be kind of unfair on us if we had less time.

But maybe the preparatory study differs from college to college? Perhaps we don't even get an article?!

I have 30 minutes set aside before each of my interviews in the timetable to collect and read my preparatory study...
Reply 5236
Original post by 94george94
I'm still waiting as well, nice little club we've got going here...

:yes: (:sad:)
Reply 5237
Original post by Tateco
I have 30 minutes set aside before each of my interviews in the timetable to collect and read my preparatory study...

Thanks for telling me that :smile: I don't think St Catz does the same thing then. Which is strange since it said that they also do the preparatory study on the Cambridge site.

They didn't mention anything in the email other than the interview times, interviewer and that we may be asked subject-specific questions.

By the way, do you have something to collect before both interviews? :redface:
Because I thought the first is a general interview, my first interview isn't even with a member of the economics department!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco
Nope, that was Groat :smile:

Ah ok I thought both of you got offers :smile: But you'll get offers soon hopefully!
Reply 5239
Original post by Amyk94
Thanks for telling me that :smile: I don't think St Catz does the same thing then. Which is strange since it said that they also do the preparatory study on the Cambridge site.

They didn't mention anything in the email other than the interview times, interviewer and that we may be asked subject-specific questions.

By the way, do you have something to collect before both interviews? :redface:
Because I thought the first is a general interview, my first interview isn't even with a member of the economics department!

I have something to collect for both, and all four of my interviewers are economists :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending