The Student Room Group

I lost over 60 lbs/28 kg (pics before/after)

thread is 3+ years old, deleted my photos
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Very well done, man. :smile:

Also, absolutely loving the new hair!
Reply 2
wow. nice. I can´t believe it is the same person.
Amazing how losing weight can bring such a change to a person's face. You look fantastic bro, well done. :smile:
Reply 4
ugly/fat duck to beautiful swan ..well done dude
I would :ninja:

Seriously, well done dude, wish I had your motivation :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by I Kant Spall
One of my goals for my gap year was to start living a healthier lifestyle. I decided to make that my New Year's Resolution and I suppose, for the most part, I succeeded.

In December 2010, I was approximately 190 lbs/86 kg/13.5 stone. I was also around 5'9"/175 cm. I ate whatever the hell I wanted, when I wanted it. I was a fat, unhealthy slob. Actually, let me just get to the pics. That's why you're here anyway. This was starting to sound like an infomercial.

FACE:

Spoiler

Spoiler

BODY (shirtless):

Spoiler

Spoiler

I limited myself to 1500 calories, then 1400, then 1300, of mainly healthy foods and I joined a gym, which I religiously walked to every morning six days a week to do cardio. I also did three days of lifting where I focused on high reps on compound lifts with low weight (2 x 20). Now, as I approach a year, these are the results:

FACE:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

BODY (shirtless):

Spoiler

Spoiler

I am now approximately 5'10"/180 cm. I also weigh 128 lbs/58 kg/9.1 stone. I also apparently got a new phone. :biggrin: I didn't build any muscle, but I wasn't really trying either. I'm skinnyfat but I most certainly have not ended my fitness journey. Soon I'll start my winter bulk and build some muscle with a good weightlifting routine.

Hope you enjoyed the pics and if you have any questions, I'll answer them below. I mainly just made this thread because I saw xoxAngel_Kxox's progress thread and I felt I could relate. Also, I haven't really showed anyone my progress because all my friends are away at uni!

Well done, good effort, but I don't think you looked bad in the first place to be honest.

I am now approximately 5'10"/180 cm. I also weigh 128 lbs/58 kg/9.1 stone. I also apparently got a new phone. :

sorry dude but thats skinny

well done though

now try to build some muscle

nice hair btw :cool:
Reply 8
Wow, you're ****ing HOT now.

It's amazing what weight can do.
Wow! I am very impressed! Well done! :smile:
I was going to make a sarcastic comment about the same facial expression you're pulling in all of your pictures but to be honest, you've done really well! Congratulations!
Well done!!!! This has motivated me... til tomorrow morning anyway.
Reply 12
Well done - you look SO different, love the new hair! :smile:
Good going mate

What was your training regime and diet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by JordanR
Very well done, man. :smile:

Also, absolutely loving the new hair!

Thanks! The hair is an obvious change but I might have to cut it for uni interviews coming up. :frown:

Original post by Cynthi007
wow. nice. I can´t believe it is the same person.

I can assure you that I'm still me just... less of me! If that makes any sense. :confused:

Original post by Blackshadow
Amazing how losing weight can bring such a change to a person's face. You look fantastic bro, well done. :smile:

Who knew what was hiding under the fat all this time? I certainly didn't!

Original post by rbnphlp
ugly/fat duck to beautiful swan ..well done dude

Swan? That's rich! :colondollar:

Original post by nikita_atikin
I would :ninja:

Seriously, well done dude, wish I had your motivation :frown:

You can definitely do it. :smile: It's hard to get started, but easy to keep going. Just like coursework!

Original post by Miza
Well done, good effort, but I don't think you looked bad in the first place to be honest.

You're probably right. I wasn't morbidly obese but merely being caught in the middle was enough to warrant a change.

Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
sorry dude but thats skinny

well done though

now try to build some muscle

nice hair btw :cool:

I'm working on the "skinniness". :frown:

Original post by Can't Touch This.
Wow, you're ****ing HOT now.

It's amazing what weight can do.

Thanks for the support!

Original post by inspiration91
Wow! I am very impressed! Well done! :smile:

Much appreciated, cheers!
Condrats on the weight loss you look so different in your after photo. Make sure you post another progress pic after your bulk
(edited 12 years ago)

I'm working on the "skinniness". :frown:

dont use the :frown: face dude, youve done well
An inspiration.

I'm currently at 200lbs. It's horrible bro, I feel so unhealthy and uncomfortable. What made you change and say "I've had enough, a healthy lifestyle is what I need"?. And you've grown in height. Was that due to your exercise and diet or were you still physically growing due to hormones, etc?
(edited 12 years ago)

this has inspired me
Reply 19
Original post by JohnnytheFox
I was going to make a sarcastic comment about the same facial expression you're pulling in all of your pictures but to be honest, you've done really well! Congratulations!

I guarantee I am one of the least photogenic people on this board. Couple that with the fact I'm trying to take progress pics in a cramped bathroom and, well, I deserved to be lambasted a bit.

Original post by itchy and scratchy
Well done!!!! This has motivated me... til tomorrow morning anyway.

Have a healthy breakfast! :tongue:

Original post by Sarah190
Well done - you look SO different, love the new hair! :smile:

Hooray for curly hair!

Original post by original_username
Good going mate but get that barnet styled lol

What was your training regime and diet?

Nothing too strict. I started at 1500 calories a day and weened myself down to 1300. I had foods with a lot of protein like oats, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, fish, chicken, and tuna. An hour of cardio on non-lifting days and no cardio on lifting days. I started off with a basic 5 x 5 but slipped to a 2 x 20 with squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and pull-ups.

Original post by Chrisateen
Condrats on the weight loss you look so different in your after photo. Make sure you post another progress pic after your bulk

I certainly will! It gives me more motivation to keep going.

You manage to do it and we'll grab a bite to eat, on me... thankfully 2 skinny guys can only eat so much. :biggrin:

Original post by Tzarchasm
An inspiration.

I'm currently at 200lbs. It's horrible bro, I feel so unhealthy and uncomfortable. What made you change and say "I've had enough, a healthy lifestyle is what I need"?.

It was this one picture that put me over the edge:

Spoiler

That was pretty much all I was doing... sitting in front of my computer like a fat slob.

Original post by slappyhours
this has inspired me

And so the cycle continues. Threads like this from around a year ago are what made me decide to just go for it.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest