The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9320
Original post by cz100
Interview at Christ's! :woohoo:

Woohoo congrats! I guess no more impatience now eh buddy? :biggrin:
Reply 9321
Original post by apple17
I know, pretyt happy about that cuz i get stressed so easily. So, atleast i won't worry too much
Ah, I see because she is not really good with interviews and stuff so she is getting prep courses but thats nice to know that they don't look for perfection. Must have been nerve wracking?

Ah okay, just get her to practise with various teachers at school, the more people asking different questions the better - much more useful than making hundreds of notes on questions.
Yes SO nerve wracking! I literally couldn't eat anything that day and my hands were like shaking when I went in, lol.
Reply 9322
Original post by liviaaa
Ah okay, just get her to practise with various teachers at school, the more people asking different questions the better - much more useful than making hundreds of notes on questions.
Yes SO nerve wracking! I literally couldn't eat anything that day and my hands were like shaking when I went in, lol.

I will tell her that, not sure if it will help cuz her admission tutor sucks but Thanks for all the help. Oh, did u use any interview books or anything or was it purely practice with the teachers?
Aw, I feel for you. I remember that feeling on UKCAT day.So nerve-wracking. :s-smilie:
Reply 9323
Original post by apple17
hm. surprising how whoever i talk to is interview-less one day and the next day, they get their interview. :s-smilie:
Good luck and congrats!. :smile:

Hope you get one soon :smile:
Original post by Nator
Woohoo congrats! I guess no more impatience now eh buddy? :biggrin:

Trying to book flights now, not fun.
Original post by apple17
hm. surprising how whoever i talk to is interview-less one day and the next day, they get their interview. :s-smilie:

Maybe we should have a chat then :wink:
Reply 9325
Original post by Normandy114
Maybe we should have a chat then :wink:

Good one bud. :wink:
Aren't you one of those people with crazy high UKCAT as well? :rolleyes:
Reply 9326
I'm a Law applicant, but good luck to y'all anyway! :biggrin:
Reply 9327
Original post by apple17
I will tell her that, not sure if it will help cuz her admission tutor sucks but Thanks for all the help. Oh, did u use any interview books or anything or was it purely practice with the teachers?
Aw, I feel for you. I remember that feeling on UKCAT day.So nerve-wracking. :s-smilie:

Can't she get mock interviews with related subject teachers such as a biology teacher, or can she only use her admission tutor?
I use the ISC book, by the same people who wrote the 600 Q UKCAT book. It was very useful. :smile:
Reply 9328
Original post by liviaaa
Can't she get mock interviews with related subject teachers such as a biology teacher, or can she only use her admission tutor?
I use the ISC book, by the same people who wrote the 600 Q UKCAT book. It was very useful. :smile:

Oh, yeah true say. Nope, she gos to a tiny private school so I am sure someone will help her out.
Ah, I have that book, but didn't get a chance to open it yet. swamped with work. :s-smilie:
mock interview went okay today.

struggled a bit on nhs reforms but thats okay because ive known thats my weakness and its something im working on.

other than that, just need to think before i speak, smile, and slow down :tongue:
Original post by cz100

:gah:

Congrats!!

Original post by cz100
I never expected to find you on my brother's new favourite show...

:rofl:

That's just so apt... I wonder if they modelled it on me :teehee:
Original post by cz100

FINALLY YOU GOT AN INTERVIEW! WELL DONE! Told you patience is the best way to go :h:
Original post by apple17

Ahah aww bless youu :hugs: be patient, yours might come anytime soon :rolleyes:
Original post by laurie:)
mock interview went okay today.

struggled a bit on nhs reforms but thats okay because ive known thats my weakness and its something im working on.

other than that, just need to think before i speak, smile, and slow down :tongue:

Good glad to hear that :h: Mine's next week. And yeah, NHS reforms :sigh:
Reply 9334
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:gah:

Congrats!!

:rofl:

That's just so apt... I wonder if they modelled it on me :teehee:

Thanks! Of all 8 of the characters, the medic just had to be the penguin... you better set a good example now you have an influence on the younger generation.
Original post by ViceVersa
FINALLY YOU GOT AN INTERVIEW! WELL DONE! Told you patience is the best way to go :h:

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by cz100
Thanks! Of all 8 of the characters, the medic just had to be the penguin... you better set a good example now you have an influence on the younger generation.

Thank you :biggrin:

Already do have influence on younguns.... you lot :tongue:

You all make me feel old :shakecane:

Did you react at all when you saw it? And did your ickle brother notice? :mmm:
Reply 9336
Already do have influence on younguns.... you lot :tongue:

You all make me feel old :shakecane:

Did you react at all when you saw it? And did your ickle brother notice? :mmm:

I was just familiarising myself with the characters cos my brother bought the Octonauts annual and was making me read it to him. When I got to the character profiles and saw that one I thought 'hey there's a penguin', then I saw its job title was 'medic' and I thought 'oh my, PSQ is everywhere'. My brother prefers the bear though, so you're not his hero yet.
Original post by cz100
I was just familiarising myself with the characters cos my brother bought the Octonauts annual and was making me read it to him. When I got to the character profiles and saw that one I thought 'hey there's a penguin', then I saw its job title was 'medic' and I thought 'oh my, PSQ is everywhere'. My brother prefers the bear though, so you're not his hero yet.

Give it time, he'll realise penguins are awesome :yep:
Just found out my friends are planning a surprise for me for my birthday on Monday, dunno how I'm supposed to react :s-smilie: :angel:
Reply 9339
Give it time, he'll realise penguins are awesome :yep:

Well he does love Pingu.
Original post by ViceVersa
Just found out my friends are planning a surprise for me for my birthday on Monday, dunno how I'm supposed to react :s-smilie: :angel:

Aww that's so nice! Once one of my friend's mum secretly contacted all of us to give her a surprise 16th party, we'd arranged to go to her house and her mum would pick her up from her Saturday job so we'd be waiting at her house. Then it all had to be cancelled cos her brother caught swine flu.

Latest