The Student Room Group

Are you getting the day off on 30th November

Rumour has it my school are opening for S5&6 if the SSTA strike and S4-S6 if they don't.

I really want the day off :frown:

Because it's maintained by a private company I don't think some of the janitors will be striking.

Scroll to see replies

It's a school holiday where I live, good times :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah we is! According to ma history teacher at least
Original post by S119234
It's a school holiday where I live, good times :smile:

Not good times, Stevo, you don't wanna miss a day you get off already :tongue:

Extra days off ftw!

PS I hope it snows like crazy.
Reply 4
Teachers on strike again?
I guess its only fair they since they do work over 30 weeks a year
Reply 5
Apparently it depends on the teacher to pupil ratio whether they are allowed to open it or not. But yeah I think pretty much every school will be off. Of course it won't open at all if the maintenance company go on strike. :smile:
Original post by Quintro
Apparently it depends on the teacher to pupil ratio whether they are allowed to open it or not. But yeah I think pretty much every school will be off. Of course it won't open at all if the maintenance company go on strike. :smile:

My school is maintained by a private firm though :frown:
Reply 7
My school is for sure! More sleep for me :smile:
Never at school yous.
Original post by Woodworth
Teachers on strike again?
I guess its only fair they since they do work over 30 weeks a year

Not just teachers, a lot of public sector workers.
Reply 10
Original post by youjustburnkid
Not just teachers, a lot of public sector workers.

okey, my bad.

bloody girls, tell them all to man up and live with it
Reply 11
Original post by Woodworth
okey, my bad.

bloody girls, tell them all to man up and live with it

Please stop your pathetic excuse for trolling.
I think we are, because our head told me the other day. No one else really has been told apart from the two of us who do AH English with him.

But yay :biggrin:
Reply 13
What a great idea, forgoing a days pay.. I'm glad we're all trying to reduce the deficit. We're all in this together.
Reply 14
We're off anyway for St Andrews day
Reply 15
Excellent, another day off- uhhh, I mean "study day".
Yeah,my school will be closed on that day. I have a lot of notes for subjects to catch up with on that day,and stuff for an AH course to do. So,it's basically like school for me on that day then! :smile:
I'm only in uni for 4 hours on a wed and 2 hours on a Thurs, and uni is closing next Wed, leaving me with a grand total of 2 hours (well an hour and a half really if I factor in breaks and not lecturing up until 11am) that week.

I dread to think how much I'd be paying for those two hours if I were to work it out fee-wise!!
And to the folk moaning about how "they" need to go on with, do you have any idea what the government are proposing? My mum has to pay an extra £1000 a year for her pension, which she won't get till she's at least 69 or 70.
Nope :/ I go to a public school so no strikes here

Quick Reply

Latest