The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7120
Original post by punctuation

The tabs get earlier invites (and interviews, I think), so no need to worry :tongue:

:colonhash: damn tabs

what are tabs? :s-smilie:
Original post by poppyleaves
hello can someone post my information on the oxford stalking page thing?

username: poppyleaves
subject: english language and literature
college: Worcester
GCSE: 7 A*s, 3As, Dist* btec diploma, Dist* btec certificate
AS: AAAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A*A

Thank you so much :smile:

Another Worcester applicant!

:eek3:

I'm applying for History there (as are several other people on here), not that I'm really holding out for an interview, but still, it's exciting :biggrin:
Reply 7122
applied for anthro at magdelene. anyone for anthro get an interview yet?
Original post by asterix9
what are tabs? :s-smilie:

Cambridge people. From Cantab = tab
Hey, people who have their invitations!

What day of the week was it? When you got it? :erm::mute:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by michael321
I want to scram as quickly as possible. Partly because it clashes with work, but mainly because I don't want to get my hopes up. Statistically speaking I may not even get an interview.

I know how you feel - it's a horrible time, but it looks as though the law interviews are trickling in now so hopefully you don't have too much longer to wait.
If you do have an interview, though, you will have to plan to stay for the three days - it would be awful if a second college wanted to see you and you had already left.
Original post by ambontoast
Hi :biggrin:

I currently study German and French but I've applied for German and Czech at university. :smile:
You hope to do Classics? That's amazing. It looks like a really interesting subject area.

ich hab mich selbst eig. fast für eine solche kombination beworben, bzw deutsch und tchechisch (sorry kann heut nur scheiße schreiben) naja also was hasch gelesen? und warum willsch dich auch für deutsch bewerben?

just asking about her reading really
Reply 7127
Original post by TEEJUS
We got the same IB score! It makes me wary that you say you aren't confident about an interview then... what subject are you going for?

PPE… I might just be worrying too much but stilll scared! :P
Original post by Phia7
:shock: I just +reped (blah, however you turn that into a verb) you! HOW? :rolleyes:
It fits anyway because you're awesome :smile:
Pleeeease post the five offers you're going to get on Fb in German when you get them (when, not if!)!

ahhh bist so süß :biggrin: klar werd ich :biggrin: nur die wichtigen Leute in meinem Leben werdns verstehn, was mir gefällt :wink:

You're one of the most interested and interesting people I ever met and everything's going to be great - das Warten wird sich lohnen (at least that's what I hope :/ )

gleichfalls, Sophia, gleichfalls :biggrin: und danle, von dir ist solch ein Kompliment echt etwas :biggrin: du kennsch schon VIEEELE interessanten Leute auf jeden Fall, also ists ja etwas :biggrin:

Kurz: du bist toll :heart:

oh natürlich hab ichs nicht erwähnt, du bist auch so toll! ehrlich, so begeistert und so engagiert, ich würde so gerne mit dir studieren :biggrin:

Aber es neeeervt so unglaublich! Jetzt bewerben sich die ersten Leute in meiner Stufe für ein Soziales Jahr, werden nach einer (!!) Woche zum Interview eingeladen und dann direkt genommen! Hallo? Wo ist die Gerechtigkeit??? Aaaaah!

jap, genau, so fühl ich mich auch. nicht nur muss ich TSR und Facebook ertragen sondern auch denen sagen, die ich "in Wahrheit" kenne, also bzw aus der Schule und der Arbeit, dass ich noch weder offers noch interviews hab, und von denen hören, dass die schon vllt drei offers und zwei interviews haben, zum beispiel. und ja, natürlich kann jeder mir sagen, dass meine unis so gut seien dass die lang dauern müssen, mir etwas zu sagen, oder dass ich BESTIMMT offers bekomme, oder dass ich einfach nur geduld haben müsse...aber das isch ja leicht zu sagen wenn man schon irgendwo hat, wohin man im september gehen kann -.- gerechtigkeit? gibts gar keine...

That passage is basically me ranting and telling Chiara that she's the best.

and likewise, including another rant about not having any offers :colonhash:

Ich lieeeebe wie du so langsam von Englisch ins Deutsche gegangen bisch :biggrin:
It was Shadowlands, based on CS Lewis' life as an academic at Magdalen

I thought CS Lewis studied at Univv:unimpressed:
Original post by Devil_in_disguise

He did, he then went on to become a fellow at Magdalen later though.
Original post by Brand New Eyes

oh, ok:getmecoat:

And there's a stone table in Merton which was the inspiration for the Narnia Stone Table. :cool:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
And there's a stone table in Merton which was the inspiration for the Narnia Stone Table. :cool:

:five:

Jess! :cry2: I want my letter.

Sad panda face
:five:

Jess! :cry2: I want my letter.

Sad panda face

[Sorry I've forgotten your name! Tell me again?]! :cry2: I want mine too. Especially as it's getting close enough to the time that I'm having to make excuse for not being able to do things in those dates, and then when people ask why I have to go, "well, hopefully I'll have Oxford interviews then", and then they go "Oh! Have you heard back from them?", and I'm like "No.". :hmpf:
[Sorry I've forgotten your name! Tell me again?]! :cry2: I want mine too. Especially as it's getting close enough to the time that I'm having to make excuse for not being able to do things in those dates, and then when people ask why I have to go, "well, hopefully I'll have Oxford interviews then", and then they go "Oh! Have you heard back from them?", and I'm like "No.". :hmpf:

Aha I haven't told anyone my name :heart:

waaah. I want to cry. Hopefully letter by Monday, or so I'm praying! Where are all the other Merton applicants? This week is going to give me a heart attack I swear.

3 mock interviews + school QT prep + Target 2.0 + trekking to St Pauls to interview those occupiers :cry:
Original post by Devil_in_disguise

:yes:

At first I couldn't tell which college he was at in the film, and I was staring at the college architecture trying to discern which one it was... I incorrectly guessed Worcester :tongue: but in the end on the choral book there was a tiny crest of Magdalen that I spotted

I was so proud of myself :giggle:
trekking to St Pauls to interview those occupiers :cry:

:zomg: tell us more!
Aha I haven't told anyone my name :heart:

waaah. I want to cry. Hopefully letter by Monday, or so I'm praying! Where are all the other Merton applicants? This week is going to give me a heart attack I swear.

3 mock interviews + school QT prep + Target 2.0 + trekking to St Pauls to interview those occupiers :cry:

I'm not expecting anything til the end of the week. And it could be a week after that. :eek4: I had a mock interview, with our (sort of) headteacher. Completely useless. He asked:
- Why Oxford?
- Why maths?
- What would I do if he gave me a lot of money to research some area of mathematics (Wait for the end of my degree? How can you do research mathematics before you've got to university?)
- What 'personal qualities' do I have?
- Am I a leader or a follower?

:rolleyes: Nooo maths involved.

Well, if you refuse to tell me your name I'll just have to call you Tracy until you give in.
I'm not expecting anything til the end of the week. And it could be a week after that. :eek4: I had a mock interview, with our (sort of) headteacher. Completely useless. He asked:
- Why Oxford?
- Why maths?
- What would I do if he gave me a lot of money to research some area of mathematics (Wait for the end of my degree? How can you do research mathematics before you've got to university?)
- What 'personal qualities' do I have?
- Am I a leader or a follower?

:rolleyes: Nooo maths involved.

Well, if you refuse to tell me your name I'll just have to call you Tracy until you give in.

Hehe, he totally missed out the "why Merton" one! I hope you have an answer for that... in fact tell me why Merton :biggrin:

If you could have half an hour with any mathematician past or present, who would it be?

What is the most pieces of pizza I can get from 'n' cuts?

I am an oil baron in the desert and I need to deliver oil to four different towns which happen to lie on a straight line. In order to deliver the correct amounts to each town, I must visit each town in turn, returning to my warehouse in between each visit. Where should I position my warehouse in order to drive the shortest distance possible? Roads are no problem since I have a friend who is a sheikh and will build me as many roads as I like for free.

46. What was the most beautiful proof in A-Level Mathematics?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending