The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
He told me he thought my clumsiness was cute, not sure if I believed him though :rolleyes:

aww thats cute:tongue:
Reply 481
When you go over to a friend's house and meet their mum for the first time:

friend: "this is X , X this is my mum"
me: "nice to meet you"
friend's mum: "n'aww you're really diddy aren't you"

*facepalm*

needless to say my friends haven't lived it down just yet
Original post by LostRiots
Probably already been posted, but...

Girl working on ticket desk at cinema: "enjoy the film!"
Me: "you too"

:facepalm:

My friend did this once on his birthday ...

Friend 1: Happy birthday!
Friend 2: You too!
Original post by Hi_:)
Holding a random mans hand when your little because you thought it was your dad and you were too little to see if it was him. I died inside every time I did that..

bawwww

If a little girl did that to me she might cry and I'll be like "wtf is this?"
I don't know if others would find this embarrassing but I did. I went on a school trip last year and we were all waiting in an area of the airport for our flight(which was another 20 minutes) and I really needed to go to the bathroom.I went into the bathroom and was walking into a cubicle and saw my teacher come in and go into the one nearby,and they smiled at me.I shut the cubicle door and was about to pee when I heard my teacher start peeing and then suddenly fart quite loudly. I just sat there frozen,trying so hard not to laugh.I quickly finished and walked out of the cubicle to wash my hands,and my teacher comes up to the sink next to mine.Awkward eye contact. I quickly leave.
Reply 485
Original post by OddThings
I don't know if others would find this embarrassing but I did. I went on a school trip last year and we were all waiting in an area of the airport for our flight(which was another 20 minutes) and I really needed to go to the bathroom.I went into the bathroom and was walking into a cubicle and saw my teacher come in and go into the one nearby,and they smiled at me.I shut the cubicle door and was about to pee when I heard my teacher start peeing and then suddenly fart quite loudly. I just sat there frozen,trying so hard not to laugh.I quickly finished and walked out of the cubicle to wash my hands,and my teacher comes up to the sink next to mine.Awkward eye contact. I quickly leave.

defo embarrassing lol, but more for your teacher! :tongue:
Original post by eyre2
defo embarrassing lol, but more for your teacher! :tongue:

That is probably true. :biggrin:
Reply 487
So my April Fools backfired a bit this year. I text my mum convincing her that I couldn't sit my exams because I never handed in my AH investigations. So whilst living my life in physics, our head came sprinting up to speak to me. Turns out my mum had took 12 panic attacks, phoned the school to sort it out, caused the head some distress and I then had to explain to him that my mum is a bit of idiot and it was a joke. This conversation was awkward.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 488
Original post by Braddd
So my April Fools backfired a bit this year. I text my mum convincing her that I couldn't sit my exams because I never handed in my AH investigations. So whilst living my life in physics, our head came sprinting up to speak to me. She had took 12 panic attacks, phoned the school to sort it out, caused the head some distress and I then had to explain to him that my mum is a bit of idiot and it was a joke. This conversation was awkward.

dont you mean your mum?

hell embarrassing though!:biggrin:
Reply 489
Original post by eyre2
dont you mean your mum?

hell embarrassing though!:biggrin:

Sorry, I suppose I wrote it weird. No the head of the school came sprinting to speak to me as my mum had phoned him.
Reply 490
Original post by Braddd
Sorry, I suppose I wrote it weird. No the head of the school came sprinting to speak to me as my mum had phoned him.

ooh ok yeah i get it now! lol...your mums funny, wat did she say when u told her april fools?
Reply 491
Original post by eyre2
ooh ok yeah i get it now! lol...your mums funny, wat did she say when u told her april fools?

She was equally embarrassed and made me apologise to the head in her behalf. The other teachers found the whole thing amusing though.
Giving money to a homeless old man (he had a cup) and then consequently realising he was just an old man. Not funny. And when I'd realised I had given him my bus money, I had to ask for it back. Nothing like thrusting your hand into a scalding cup of coffee.
In the end I walked home and used the money to buy the guy another cup of coffee.
I had to go to A & E later on for the burns.
...so shameful
burped in pubic extremely loud
Original post by Payson.Keeler.
Giving money to a homeless old man (he had a cup) and then consequently realising he was just an old man. Not funny. And when I'd realised I had given him my bus money, I had to ask for it back. Nothing like thrusting your hand into a scalding cup of coffee.
In the end I walked home and used the money to buy the guy another cup of coffee.
...so shameful

wow...
Original post by MangoFreak
wow...

Both terrifying and grotesque, isn't it?
Answered the phone with thank you instead of hello the other day.
Original post by Payson.Keeler.
...so shameful

Didn't you ask if the drink was hot first? Also you just chucked coins into someones beverage?? Good deeds gone wrong!! I bet you aren't so generous any more with homeless folk :tongue:
Original post by SillyRodent
Answered the phone with thank you instead of hello the other day.

Ah I used to do things like this when I worked in retail, instead of saying "And thats £1.20 change" I would say "That's £1.20 please?!" and then I'd realise my mistake and try and pass it off like I hadn't just been a noob.
Reply 499
Having no balance so falling on the bus nearly every day, and the stairs at my work every week.
This is why I will never be a dancer.

Quick Reply

Latest