The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TRLMaths
Hello!

Well.... It's been an eventful few weeks. I've got offers for Warwick, Bath and York for Mathematics, and an interview at Cambridge - still waiting on Durham! Just wondered if anyone had heard from Durham, and wanted to speak to a few of the people who have got offers for the same uni's as I've listed. Growing up fast!

Well done! I only have 1 offer so far, from Warwick, and an interview at Cambridge and also Manchester.

I got an email from Durham on Thursday asking me to fill in all of my UMS marks for all the Maths modules I have done so far at A-level, have you received that yet? (might not apply if you don't do A-levels). So i expect to hear from them reasonably soon I should think. Other than that I'm just waiting for Bristol.

Yeah man, this ****s gettin real!
Original post by jerome1994
Are you talking about King's College, Cambridge or KCL?

King's College, Cambridge!
Original post by jerome1994
I've watched the Guttenplan final too many times!

Ahh haha i've only watched it once but he was a pretty memorable contestant!
Original post by Small123
Emmanuel, wbu

Another emma applicant!
I'm applying to Christ's.
Reply 3384
Original post by dom bradbury
Well done! I only have 1 offer so far, from Warwick, and an interview at Cambridge and also Manchester.

I got an email from Durham on Thursday asking me to fill in all of my UMS marks for all the Maths modules I have done so far at A-level, have you received that yet? (might not apply if you don't do A-levels). So i expect to hear from them reasonably soon I should think. Other than that I'm just waiting for Bristol.

Yeah man, this ****s gettin real!

No I've not had that yet :/ Haven't really had anything from them to be honest! Which colleges have you applied to at Durham and Cambridge, and what were your UMS grades? We could end up being on the same course.....
Reply 3385
2 offers (from Liverpool and Loughborough) and an interview at Cambridge.
Still waiting on Warwick and Durham

Exciting times! ..../nervous times.
Reply 3386
Original post by MHRed
2 offers (from Liverpool and Loughborough) and an interview at Cambridge.
Still waiting on Warwick and Durham

Exciting times! ..../nervous times.

Which college are you applying to at Cambridge?
No I've not had that yet :/ Haven't really had anything from them to be honest! Which colleges have you applied to at Durham and Cambridge, and what were your UMS grades? We could end up being on the same course.....

Sucks :/ i'm sure you'll get summat soon. Er, St Marys and Trinity :s-smilie: , you? 572/600 in Maths A-level, so i've already got an A* in that as my Sixth Form does it all in one year. Durham want all (or most) of your UMS grades to be 90+ i hear (i got 89 in S1, but hey).

Yeah that's actually quite likely.......! Is Warwick your second choice?
Reply 3388
Original post by dom bradbury
Sucks :/ i'm sure you'll get summat soon. Er, St Marys and Trinity :s-smilie: , you? 572/600 in Maths A-level, so i've already got an A* in that as my Sixth Form does it all in one year. Durham want all (or most) of your UMS grades to be 90+ i hear (i got 89 in S1, but hey).

Yeah that's actually quite likely.......! Is Warwick your second choice?

I'd probably say Durham was my second choice.... Loved it there! Obviously Cambridge first...

Well done on those grades! I got 576 UMS and 89% in S1 also! Hated statistics :') Yeah I've got the A* too... York have asked for a certificate to prove it but I won't receive one until further maths has finished :s-smilie:

I didnt know that Durham wanted that of the Maths modules so it should be interesting!
Hello!

Well.... It's been an eventful few weeks. I've got offers for Warwick, Bath and York for Mathematics, and an interview at Cambridge - still waiting on Durham! Just wondered if anyone had heard from Durham, and wanted to speak to a few of the people who have got offers for the same uni's as I've listed. Growing up fast!

I haven't heard anything from Durham yet apart from the acknowledgement which seems ages ago! I have an offer from York too (AAB with an A in Maths)!
Reply 3390
Original post by lifesabeach
I haven't heard anything from Durham yet apart from the acknowledgement which seems ages ago! I have an offer from York too (AAB with an A in Maths)!

Well done! Where do you think you'll end up?:smile: My offer was AB and a satisfactory copy of my Maths A-Level which was an A*. So A*AB :') Think you'll get them grades?:biggrin:
Reply 3391
Which college are you applying to at Cambridge?

Downing, yourself?
Assuming [perhaps wrongly] you've also applied to Durham, what college did you apply for there?
Well done! Where do you think you'll end up?:smile: My offer was AB and a satisfactory copy of my Maths A-Level which was an A*. So A*AB :') Think you'll get them grades?:biggrin:

Thanks! Well done to you too :smile: I'm not sure where I will end up yet... I have an interview at Cambridge and have an offer from Imperial which I am soo happy about so either one of them two hopefully! Although I love York as a city and the uni is very reputable, i only live 45 mins by car (Scarborough) and feel its too close! Where else have you applied?
Reply 3393
Original post by jilebinator
good, i was starting to worry.

My friend has an offer from Bristol :/ hers is for sociology though
Reply 3394
Original post by gwenllian94
I can't decide which is better.... Manchester or Nottingham?

Nottingham generally does better in league tables...for the Times Good University Guide nottingham was placed 10th for maths and manchester was like 30th or something...

Emmanuel, wbu

When is your interview? :smile:
Original post by TotalEklipse
Hi there,

I have applied to King's and got an interview. I am wondering if anyone know's what type of questions, topics e.t.c are in the 1hr test?

Hooray! Another person for maths at Kings at last! :biggrin:

There's a list of sample Cambridge interview questions somewhere - I can find it if you want - and they'll be interested in our approach to the prep reading. I'm guessing it'll be on the test?

Do you know anyone else definitely applying for maths at Kings? :smile:
I've applied for Cambridge, Warwick, York, Bristol and Leeds.
So far I have 286/300 UMS in Maths and 90 in D2, 87 in FP1 and a resat 76 in M1 >_<
I just receieved a rejection letter from Cambridge - uwehhhh - and York want AAB
Academically, Warwick should probably be my second choice but tbh I am unsure
Any advice? :smile:
Original post by CiaraLou13
I've applied for Cambridge, Warwick, York, Bristol and Leeds.
So far I have 286/300 UMS in Maths and 90 in D2, 87 in FP1 and a resat 76 in M1 >_<
I just receieved a rejection letter from Cambridge - uwehhhh - and York want AAB
Academically, Warwick should probably be my second choice but tbh I am unsure
Any advice? :smile:

Unsure about what you're asking. Sorry to hear about the Cambridge rejection, I think they put a lot of weight on FP1 and a good 90+% average. Warwick is a very strong university to study Maths at, the hard part is meeting the high offer!
Reply 3399
Original post by Xero Xenith
Hooray! Another person for maths at Kings at last! :biggrin:

There's a list of sample Cambridge interview questions somewhere - I can find it if you want - and they'll be interested in our approach to the prep reading. I'm guessing it'll be on the test?

Do you know anyone else definitely applying for maths at Kings? :smile:

Care to share the list? :colone: (may have seen it before, but you never know...).

Latest