The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cz100
Well he does love Pingu.

Aww that's so nice! Once one of my friend's mum secretly contacted all of us to give her a surprise 16th party, we'd arranged to go to her house and her mum would pick her up from her Saturday job so we'd be waiting at her house. Then it all had to be cancelled cos her brother caught swine flu.

Haha that is soo funny :colondollar: I dunno its just so unexpected, I don't even know if its a party they won't tell me. No ones ever done something like that for me before so I dunno how I should behave and stuff, or if I have to work hard just to look happy and comfortable. It's fine if it was for someone else, they all know me as giving awesome birthday gifts. But...oh I don't know :sigh:
Original post by ViceVersa
Just found out my friends are planning a surprise for me for my birthday on Monday, dunno how I'm supposed to react :s-smilie: :angel:

Surprised, I would imagine :wink:
Reply 9342
Ahah aww bless youu :hugs: be patient, yours might come anytime soon :rolleyes:

KCL told me prob jan/feb and i found out the reason i wasn't getting interviews: remember that part of ucas form that said dates applicant is unavailable to interview: my dad put dec 1-15 and jan 1-15 and my academics/ukcat aren't too malign to get an early one. SO relieved and mad at my dad. :eek:
Btw, what are nhs reforms and good luck for ur interview :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
Surprised, I would imagine :wink:

I will be :smile: I dunno what it is that's worrying me, I can't explain how I feel about Monday :/

I hope they do remember no cakes though cos I don't even like cake (except plain cake, no iscing, with custard ) :/
Original post by apple17
KCL told me prob jan/feb and i found out the reason i wasn't getting interviews: remember that part of ucas form that said dates applicant is unavailable to interview: my dad put dec 1-15 and jan 1-15 and my academics/ukcat aren't too malign to get an early one. SO relieved and mad at my dad. :eek:

Wow. Ok well just keep your fingers crossed okay? :smile: and they are new changes made/going to me made/hoping to be made/ considered to be made to the NHS, the way its fun, its emplyees and its structure. And thanks I'm nervous :afraid:
I will be :smile: I dunno what it is that's worrying me, I can't explain how I feel about Monday :/

I hope they do remember no cakes though cos I don't even like cake (except plain cake, no iscing, with custard ) :/

:eek: How can you not like cake! Not even a Victoria sponge?

Original post by apple17

The NHS reforms are a set of changes to how the NHS is managed and run, put forward by the Conservative-led coalition government at the beginning of this year. The gist of them is that PCTs and SHAs will be abolished, and the funds freed up from them will be reallocated to hundreds of GP consortia, who will themselves decide what to use the funding on.

One of the main complaints is that it also allows the NHS to pay private healthcare sources like BUPA to carry out treatments instead of NHS hospitals, which has been viewed by many as part-privatisation of the NHS.
Reply 9346
Wow. Ok well just keep your fingers crossed okay? :smile: and they are new changes made/going to me made/hoping to be made/ considered to be made to the NHS, the way its fun, its emplyees and its structure. And thanks I'm nervous :afraid:

Exactly.
Oh, guessing we need to know them for the interview?
Don't be, just prepare and hope for the best. :smile:
Reply 9347

The NHS reforms are a set of changes to how the NHS is managed and run, put forward by the Conservative-led coalition government at the beginning of this year. The gist of them is that PCTs and SHAs will be abolished, and the funds freed up from them will be reallocated to hundreds of GP consortia, who will themselves decide what to use the funding on.

One of the main complaints is that it also allows the NHS to pay private healthcare sources like BUPA to carry out treatments instead of NHS hospitals, which has been viewed by many as part-privatisation of the NHS.

Ah thanks a lot. :smile:
Original post by apple17
hm. surprising how whoever i talk to is interview-less one day and the next day, they get their interview. :s-smilie:
Good luck and congrats!. :smile:

I think we should chat then! The waiting is killing me and the negativity is eating away at me!:s-smilie:

i thought they got rid of gp consortia because there were so many objections, and replaced them with Clinical Commissioning Groups - basically the gp consortia but with hospital doctors, nurses and other professionals???

tbh theyre the same thing though.

:lol: That's basically the reaction of most people when they find out :colondollar: I just don't, and most of all I can't stand icing. I don't like Victoria Sponge. I can eat a normal cake (no icing, no sponge, toffee or whatever) on its own and find it okay and with custard and find it good. That's really as far as it does :colondollar:
Original post by apple17
Exactly.
Oh, guessing we need to know them for the interview?
Don't be, just prepare and hope for the best. :smile:

Yepp we do :yep: and I will try my best!

You sir have just summarised what I have been trying to summarise myself for the past two hours in a few nice little sentences so thank you! :biggrin: I'm so pleased that I managed to get the gist of it from an 18paged document :tongue:

Original post by laurie:)
i thought they got rid of gp consortia because there were so many objections, and replaced them with Clinical Commissioning Groups - basically the gp consortia but with hospital doctors, nurses and other professionals???

tbh theyre the same thing though.

Ah so have they done that yet? I knew there was talk of it but wasn't sure of time scales.
Reply 9353
Yepp we do :yep: and I will try my best!

Grr. Not fun. :P
Original post by Quackers93
Ah so have they done that yet? I knew there was talk of it but wasn't sure of time scales.

i think so (but don't quote me on that :tongue: ) i just read it on the bbc news health website that the CCGs were previously gp consortia, so i've taken that to mean the change has happened?
i think so (but don't quote me on that :tongue: ) i just read it on the bbc news health website that the CCGs were previously gp consortia, so i've taken that to mean the change has happened?

Ah ok, I'll go search the bbc and see if I can find it :smile: I do't like how so many different sites have slightly different but conflicting information so it gets you all confusseled :frown:
Ah ok, I'll go search the bbc and see if I can find it :smile: I do't like how so many different sites have slightly different but conflicting information so it gets you all confusseled :frown:

ive been sticking mainly to bbc health because i've found other sites to be too opinionated to give me a clear overview of whats going on.

why on earth did something like this have to happen when we are applying :redface:
ive been sticking mainly to bbc health because i've found other sites to be too opinionated to give me a clear overview of whats going on.

why on earth did something like this have to happen when we are applying :redface:

I know :frown: I'm hoping that they don't mind if we're a little confused but I fear not :/ Oh well, I just have my fingers crossed that it doesn't come up! I'm predicting I'll be disappointed haha

I know right :frown: so many changes...too many things :sigh:
I know :frown: I'm hoping that they don't mind if we're a little confused but I fear not :/ Oh well, I just have my fingers crossed that it doesn't come up! I'm predicting I'll be disappointed haha

i don't think theyre expecting us to know as much as andrew lansley, but i think as long as we know the main principles of what is going on, the expected implications of the changing and why so many people are objecting to them, we should be okay.

i think med schools would be missing out on a big opportunity if they didn't involve it in their interviews :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending