The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheUltimateProof
Unsure about what you're asking. Sorry to hear about the Cambridge rejection, I think they put a lot of weight on FP1 and a good 90+% average. Warwick is a very strong university to study Maths at, the hard part is meeting the high offer!

I can't see why they'd put more weight on FP1 than on the other AS modules. I'd have thought that the M1 mark would concern them more, particularly since the Cambridge course contains quite a lot of mechanics.
This is off topic I know. but some people must have too much time on their hands. I've been negged this week for a posting I made in December 2009.
I got an offer from Liverpool and when i applied they said i might need an interview but theres no mention of one with my offer....does that mean i dont need one?
Original post by tiny hobbit
This is off topic I know. but some people must have too much time on their hands. I've been negged this week for a posting I made in December 2009.

Hahahaa :P
What was it about??
Original post by theharrovian
i just wrote combinatronics, modular arithmetic and probability.

Do you mean combinatorics?

Or is this a "different versions of English" issue?
Original post by BeccaCath94
Hahahaa :P
What was it about??

Somebody had asked for the mark scheme for the May 2009 M1 paper. I enquired whether they were going to be doing it as a mock.
Original post by Edwin Okli
When is your interview? :smile:

Precisely the same date as you, what time are yours? :smile:
I can't see why they'd put more weight on FP1 than on the other AS modules. I'd have thought that the M1 mark would concern them more, particularly since the Cambridge course contains quite a lot of mechanics.

Well FP1, unless C3 and C4 have been taken, would be the hardest pure module you havedone. You're applying for Maths not Engineering so they will prefer the pure side of things (the test on the day of interview is on C1-3).
Original post by TRLMaths

Well done on those grades! I got 576 UMS and 89% in S1 also! Hated statistics :') Yeah I've got the A* too... York have asked for a certificate to prove it but I won't receive one until further maths has finished :s-smilie:

Yeah, you too mate! Yeah :/ S2 isnt quite so bad tho.

Manchester asked me for a certificate of my A* also. My college gave me like a statement of results thing to send them, which they were cool with, but they still want the certificate when I get it. Pretty sure my College has already cashed in my A-level so i should get a certificate in a couple months i guess.

You goin to a Warwick open day in Feb/March?
Reply 3409
Original post by MHRed
Downing, yourself?
Assuming [perhaps wrongly] you've also applied to Durham, what college did you apply for there?

I applied to Downing too! Interview 5th December. Written Test 9am and then interviews at 4pm and 5pm! And at Durham I applied for Josephine Butler Had a Nice feel about it!
Somebody had asked for the mark scheme for the May 2009 M1 paper. I enquired whether they were going to be doing it as a mock.

Oh haha :/ Random!!
Reply 3411
Original post by dom bradbury
Yeah, you too mate! Yeah :/ S2 isnt quite so bad tho.

Manchester asked me for a certificate of my A* also. My college gave me like a statement of results thing to send them, which they were cool with, but they still want the certificate when I get it. Pretty sure my College has already cashed in my A-level so i should get a certificate in a couple months i guess.

You goin to a Warwick open day in Feb/March?

I've heard S2 is a bit more Math-sy which is good! And yeah. My principal is writing a letter of consent or something to send off. It's all a bit complicated! And ummm I got the letter through the post, but I've already been to one like a month ago, so I'm not going to bother going again. I live in Lincolnshire so it's a bit of a travel! Where else have you applied? I have Durham Cambridge and Warwick as my 3 "main" choices, with Bath and York following. :smile:
Reply 3412
Original post by lifesabeach
Thanks! Well done to you too :smile: I'm not sure where I will end up yet... I have an interview at Cambridge and have an offer from Imperial which I am soo happy about so either one of them two hopefully! Although I love York as a city and the uni is very reputable, i only live 45 mins by car (Scarborough) and feel its too close! Where else have you applied?

I live in Grimsby which is pretty close to Scarborough! You've probably never heard of it.... I've got the itnerview at Cambridge, and then offers from Warwick Bath and York. The other place was Durham.... I'd say Durham and Cambridge were my two favourites. I agree with you on the distance! I want to travel a bit further - York is like 1 hour away from here :') I ruled out the London places because of cost.... but I've yet to visit London at all. One day!
Original post by TRLMaths
I've heard S2 is a bit more Math-sy which is good! And yeah. My principal is writing a letter of consent or something to send off. It's all a bit complicated! And ummm I got the letter through the post, but I've already been to one like a month ago, so I'm not going to bother going again. I live in Lincolnshire so it's a bit of a travel! Where else have you applied? I have Durham Cambridge and Warwick as my 3 "main" choices, with Bath and York following. :smile:

Yeah. Fair enough. Yeah, Cambridge would be my first choice, then i'm kinda undecided between Warwick Bristol and Durham (haven't been to anywhere cept Cambridge so I need to go to the open days!) then Manchester as my last choice. Damn train fares are gonna cost me a bomb!
I got an offer from Liverpool and when i applied they said i might need an interview but theres no mention of one with my offer....does that mean i dont need one?

If they've given you the conditions of your offer and they don't include a satisfactory interview, I think it's safe to assume you don't need one :smile:
Reply 3415
Original post by dom bradbury
Yeah. Fair enough. Yeah, Cambridge would be my first choice, then i'm kinda undecided between Warwick Bristol and Durham (haven't been to anywhere cept Cambridge so I need to go to the open days!) then Manchester as my last choice. Damn train fares are gonna cost me a bomb!

I preferred Durham because the city was pretty nice, and it has colleges like Cambridge. Warwick was campus-based, which didn't appeal as much, but it was still pretty nice. I know what you mean about train fares. I've got a rail card and its still stupidly expensive!
Original post by rachaelizabeth
If they've given you the conditions of your offer and they don't include a satisfactory interview, I think it's safe to assume you don't need one :smile:

Yay!! :biggrin: :biggrin: thank you! haha :P I really didnt want one!!!
Original post by twig
Care to share the list? :colone: (may have seen it before, but you never know...).

Sure thing, but it's probably the one you've seen before. I'm pretty sure I ripped it straight off TSR actually... :tongue:

Here anyway in case it's useful:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=b0RjyJzy
Yay!! :biggrin: :biggrin: thank you! haha :P I really didnt want one!!!

Haha I'm like that too!
My tutor was always saying "You need to make sure you read any books you've mentioned in your personal statement at least twice in case they question you on them and prepare to be questioned on everything you've put!" and I was like "I don't think I'll have any interviews" and she was always like "You probably will!"
And now I have two offers without interviews and am expecting no interviews at all :P
I'd be rubbish at interview!
Original post by Small123

Original post by Small123
Precisely the same date as you, what time are yours? :smile:

9:00 and 11:10, how about yours?

Latest