The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9400
Original post by ViceVersa
Yep :crossedf: and for the rest of our choices :sadnod:

Exactly. Can't wait till July when this entire cycle is OVER.:biggrin:
Reply 9401
Original post by Normandy114
We'll see, the end of August will involve either getting drunk in celebration, or drowning of sorrows.

I'm more worried about March/April for now when we hear about the unis decisions. I'm expecting grey hairs by August.
Yep :crossedf: and for the rest of our choices :sadnod:

Get back to interview prep and you won't need to worry :whip:
Original post by apple17
Exactly. Can't wait till July when this entire cycle is OVER.:biggrin:

Right, right! :smile:

Original post by Normandy114
Get back to interview prep and you won't need to worry :whip:

I love that you care for me soo much :h:
Reply 9404
Original post by Quackers93
Ah cool, what's your first language? :smile: I'm sure they'll allow some exceptions if it's not your first language particularly if it is something that doesn't translate well (although don't take my word for it because I have no idea :P )

Erm bbc.co.uk/news/health is a really good website to use as it has loads of different articles. I'm sorry but I'm not really sure what you mean, a general idea of what? :redface: I think there are some uni's that will ask you "What have you read recently that has been of interest?" In which case having one article that you are interested in and can talk about would be a good idea. They are (probably) not expecting you to have a great depth of knowledge about complex medicine but I think it'd be a good idea to have something you like and could talk about :smile:

Where have you applied to? :smile:

Thank you man, really nice website.
Anyway I'm Italian but with a burning desire of escaping my country, especially the town I live in (300 inhabitants); I've applied to cambrige (st Catharine's), st Andrews, Edinburgh and hyms, but no interviews so far (needless to say I'm starting to hate my empty inbox).
What I meant with a "general idea" were the concepts behind it (ethic problems, the role of doctors in the society etc).... are things like that likely to be asked or do they want you to know more specific things ? Like Biology or chemistry applied to Medicine?
I may sound stupid but not being english I don't have the slightest idea about interviews, and information on the web is contradictory or vague.. Help!!
Original post by barta
Anyway I'm Italian but with a burning desire of escaping my country, especially the town I live in (300 inhabitants); I've applied to cambrige (st Catharine's), st Andrews, Edinburgh and hyms, but no interviews so far (needless to say I'm starting to hate my empty inbox).
What I meant with a "general idea" were the concepts behind it (ethic problems, the role of doctors in the society etc).... are things like that likely to be asked or do they want you to know more specific things ? Like Biology or chemistry applied to Medicine?
I may sound stupid but not being english I don't have the slightest idea about interviews, and information on the web is contradictory or vague.. Help!!

I applied to St. Andrews too :smile: Erm I've only had one interview before and I can't be sure for every uni but I think most don't expect you to know much biology or chemistry (other than what you will have learnt at school) but they expect you to be able to understand basic concepts and basically use your head to come up with answers. It would be a good idea to know about the roles of doctors and you should have your own opinion on various ethics. No no no, you don't sounds stupid, I just miss read it sorry :redface: I know exactly what you mean, I hate the internet sometimes.

The best place to get information on interviews is most likely the uni websites :smile: Hope you hear from somewhere soon :smile:
Fingers crossed for the both of us. I need help too :frown: I think I'll do what you're doing and do as many mocks as possible. I've already ordered the interview book it just hasn't arrived yet. I'm also stuck at what medical stuff I need to research (apart from the reforms) :sigh:

if you've mentioned any medical conditions in your ps make sure you know them quite well - also i think if you've mentioned any specific departments i think you should know a bit about the most common kind of things and troubles that come with them. i've mentioned a bit about paed cardiology in mine, and in my mock interview i was asked about the major differences between paed cardio and adult cardio rather than any of the conditions i talked about.

Original post by Quackers93

If theres anything I can do to try and help both you guys just PM me and I'll try and help :smile:

:h: thanks!
Original post by barta

for cambridge, i think you'll get a science based interview and a non-scienced based interview (dont quote me on that though) so you'll need a decent science knowledge to get your mind around the questions theyll give you - not much more than what you'd be expected to have learnt at school though, i think.
Original post by laurie:)
if you've mentioned any medical conditions in your ps make sure you know them quite well - also i think if you've mentioned any specific departments i think you should know a bit about the most common kind of things and troubles that come with them. i've mentioned a bit about paed cardiology in mine, and in my mock interview i was asked about the major differences between paed cardio and adult cardio rather than any of the conditions i talked about.

Thanks :smile: I will try, also read generally about GMC, NICE, etc
Thanks :smile: I will try, also read generally about GMC, NICE, etc

yeah. i think im gonna especially going to look up care of 0-18 year olds and end of life care as these seem to be big ethical cases these days :tongue:
BIRTHDAY :woo: :smile:

:eek3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :woo: :party:
Original post by manic_fuzz
:eek3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :woo: :party:

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu :h:

Happy birthday VV :party: :birthday: :cheers:
Reply 9414

HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
have a good one and enjoy it. honestly, don't stress hun. :smile:

:party: :birthday:
my. birthday is ay the start of March lol. I this k ill be worrying then :biggrin:

Man, you have an eventful life!

Happy birthday.
Original post by Doctor.
my. birthday is ay the start of March lol. I this k ill be worrying then :biggrin:

"Sent from my iPhone"
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Happy birthday VV :party: :birthday: :cheers:

THANKSS YOUUUU SOO VERYY MUCHH PSQ :biggrin:

Got an iPad so far :colonhash:

Original post by apple17
HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
have a good one and enjoy it. honestly, don't stress hun. :smile:

:party: :birthday:

Thank you very much. I WILL NOT WORRY TODAY. :rolleyes:
Original post by Long Time Coming
Man, you have an eventful life!

Happy birthday.

Why do you say that ? :cool:

Thank you !

shall join the celebratory messages. (I wonder how many people will congratulate you :rolleyes: )

Happy birthday stranger. I hope your life is good. :biggrin:

and only an iPad?:tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending