The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I've been given 4 weeks to decide whether or not I accept the offer, UCL or KCL :X
Reply 61
I got an offer for chemistry!
Reply 62
Original post by teludaa
I've been given 4 weeks to decide whether or not I accept the offer, UCL or KCL :X

You can accept more than one offer?
Reply 63
Original post by Akkuz
You can accept more than one offer?

I think you have to pay a deposit if you want to accept an offer. UCL doesn't require deposit but KCL, CASS, IMPERIAL require! so you can accept two offers but you have to pay if it is necessary ..
Reply 64
Original post by LydiaM123
Don't be so sure... I was interviewed for my MSc in Health Psychology at UCL. A friend who did a forensic MSc at another uni had to have an interview for that as well (both taught masters)
Maybe it's just a psychology thing?

Maybe because I have never heard of interviews for taught MSc's in maths/stats/economics.
Reply 65
Original post by zziippoo
I think you have to pay a deposit if you want to accept an offer. UCL doesn't require deposit but KCL, CASS, IMPERIAL require! so you can accept two offers but you have to pay if it is necessary ..

That sucks..

On the KCL myApplication it says you may need to deposit 10% of course fees. That's £1,000 for a £10,000 course. :colonhash:

It also says that if you don't meet your conditional offer you get refunded the money.
Reply 66
Hello everyone,

I am applying for UCL as well and I am nearly finished the application except one problem: I find I can not modify my personal statement in the text box! I have 8 paragraphs for the PS but when I copy the text into the ps page it will automatically be combined into 6!:confused: It's so annoying that I am afraid it will mess up my PS structure... Has anyone got the same problem?

Regards
Reply 67
Original post by KAIIK
Hello everyone,

I am applying for UCL as well and I am nearly finished the application except one problem: I find I can not modify my personal statement in the text box! I have 8 paragraphs for the PS but when I copy the text into the ps page it will automatically be combined into 6!:confused: It's so annoying that I am afraid it will mess up my PS structure... Has anyone got the same problem?

Regards

I had the same problem, but it did not seem to adversely affect my application. I received an unconditional offer for the MA in Classics in mid-October.

If you are still worried, however, you can attach your statement at the end of the application, and in the text box write "see attached" or similar - there are instructions in the application guide as to how to do this.
Reply 68
Original post by Sophos
I had the same problem, but it did not seem to adversely affect my application. I received an unconditional offer for the MA in Classics in mid-October.

If you are still worried, however, you can attach your statement at the end of the application, and in the text box write "see attached" or similar - there are instructions in the application guide as to how to do this.

you have absolutely right!! I have done the same thing.
Reply 69

you have absolutely right!! I have done the same thing.

Thanks for the quick reply:smile:

Yes I was considering to do that, but I still want to upload some other documents on the upload page... like certificates or something similar since there is only one extra file I can upload, I guess I need to make my PS a little bit shorter...
Reply 70
Original post by KAIIK
Thanks for the quick reply:smile:

Yes I was considering to do that, but I still want to upload some other documents on the upload page... like certificates or something similar since there is only one extra file I can upload, I guess I need to make my PS a little bit shorter...

what are you studying and where? which course did you choose from ucl?
Reply 71
I applied to MSc Management back on 17th Oct and I'm still waiting for the second referee to upload his reference. Anyone who also applied to this course know how long it takes for UCL to consider your application and invite you for an interview through OVIO? Cheers.
Reply 72
Original post by vinc10
I applied to MSc Management back on 17th Oct and I'm still waiting for the second referee to upload his reference. Anyone who also applied to this course know how long it takes for UCL to consider your application and invite you for an interview through OVIO? Cheers.

I've applied to MSc Management too but both my references were submitted a week back. On portico, UCL claims it should take six weeks maximum once you send off your references to recieve a reply. What course are you studying and at what University?
Reply 73
I just got an email from UCL!!! They say I've been shortlisted and I have an interview on wednesday 30th Nov!!!!!
Reply 74
I am really surprised at the number of people being interviewed for MSc degrees, I thought only candidates to research degrees were interviewed.
Reply 75
Original post by IK237
I just got an email from UCL!!! They say I've been shortlisted and I have an interview on wednesday 30th Nov!!!!!

Congrats man.

When did you fully submit your application? I.e. fully with references. How long did it take to get that reply?

Mine was fully submitted 4 days ago. And what percentage is your first class? Just trying to get an idea, if i'll be given an interview :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by IK237
I've applied to MSc Management too but both my references were submitted a week back. On portico, UCL claims it should take six weeks maximum once you send off your references to recieve a reply. What course are you studying and at what University?

I'm doing BSc Economics at Bath. How about yourself?

Original post by IK237

Congratulations mate! That's pretty quick isn't it? I just wonder how quick portico updates as the reference is uploaded... I have been waiting that single reference for a month and my tutor said he's nearly there.... gosh... I think you can do the interview anytime you want, from what I have known.
Reply 77
Original post by vinc10

I applied to MSc Management too. Yeah I was wondering how long it takes for a reply. It says it can take up to 6 weeks.
Reply 78

what are you studying and where? which course did you choose from ucl?

I am doing computer and network technology in at university of hertfordshire
Reply 79
Anyone knows can we actually apply for more than one program? Cuz I can only choose one when I am applying... do I need to create another account and pay another extra fee and go through the whole process again if I want to apply for two different programs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending