The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Steerforth
Great, so IF I get an interview in Feb, half the places will have been filled.

Just means I'll have to smile extra hard!

yeah :frown: i wish they'd just finish all the interviews before sending out offers. I feel bad for the last person who interviews...imagine their chances :frown:
Reply 401
Anybody know of any rejections? Or are there 2250 of us left for around 500 interviews, if so, I don't like the sound of those odds
does anyone know if that's it for before christmas interview wise? like if we haven't heard yet, we won't hear until the new year?
Original post by charleydavis
does anyone know if that's it for before christmas interview wise? like if we haven't heard yet, we won't hear until the new year?

I would imagine so. BSMS state that they hold interviews in November and February, and I can't see them giving any more interviews out for November now!

As for when we will hear, rejections may come throughout the christmas period, (what a lovely present that would be), but as for interviews, I don't think there is much point holding your breath until after new year.
I would imagine so. BSMS state that they hold interviews in November and February, and I can't see them giving any more interviews out for November now!

As for when we will hear, rejections may come throughout the christmas period, (what a lovely present that would be), but as for interviews, I don't think there is much point holding your breath until after new year.

ah okay thank you :smile: the waiting is so awful, i'm not checking my ucas on christmas day just in case hahaha
According to last yr's thread pre-interview rejections came around the end of november...wow and i'll be hearing from HYMS before then too..its either make or break really!
Original post by Oggz
They don't necessarily do them in chronological order, it could be based on where you are from, UKCAT score (with highest scoring first) or could be those with the highest scores on each part of the selection procedure who are interviewed first.

ah i see, i thought it was in order of when you esent your applicaqtion as most people who applied early seem to be getting interviews and ones who applied in october havent heard yet
Reply 407
Original post by heartshapedbox
ah i see, i thought it was in order of when you esent your applicaqtion as most people who applied early seem to be getting interviews and ones who applied in october havent heard yet

if it makes you feel any better I havent heard anything yet :frown:
its scary stuff!
Original post by Mish Bish
if it makes you feel any better I havent heard anything yet :frown:
its scary stuff!

TRUE!
Reply 409
Original post by CraigKirk

How academic are the BSMS interviews, are they mainly personal qualities for medicine? Thanks :smile:
Reply 410
Great, so IF I get an interview in Feb, half the places will have been filled.

Just means I'll have to smile extra hard!

I don't know what the ratio of November offers to February offers is, but if it is half and half as you speculate, then you are no more disadvantaged! They have 4 interview dates in each... so they must interview the same amount in November as February... so if half are given in each, well I'm sure you can do the maths!

Everyone has a decent chance once you get an interview. They are incredibly fair and friendly :smile:
Original post by crazychef

Original post by crazychef
How academic are the BSMS interviews, are they mainly personal qualities for medicine? Thanks :smile:

I can't say much, but they are mainly oriented toward finding out your personality. There is some small element of academic knowledge because they are interested in a strong scientific base for medics.

Go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_you_should_expect_at_a_medical_school_interview and scroll down to BSMS to get more info.
Original post by AGM
I don't know what the ratio of November offers to February offers is, but if it is half and half as you speculate, then you are no more disadvantaged! They have 4 interview dates in each... so they must interview the same amount in November as February... so if half are given in each, well I'm sure you can do the maths!

Everyone has a decent chance once you get an interview. They are incredibly fair and friendly :smile:

Oh yeah, can't believe I didn't realise that...*feels like a fool*:colondollar:
Reply 413
Original post by CraigKirk
I can't say much, but they are mainly oriented toward finding out your personality. There is some small element of academic knowledge because they are interested in a strong scientific base for medics.

Go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_you_should_expect_at_a_medical_school_interview and scroll down to BSMS to get more info.

Those of you that've received an acknowledgement - how did you get it? Post? E-mail?
I have received nothing as yet :frown: Called BSMS up and they send they don't send out acknowledgements - it's all done by track.
confused.com
:frown:
Original post by Aliabbas07
Those of you that've received an acknowledgement - how did you get it? Post? E-mail?
I have received nothing as yet :frown: Called BSMS up and they send they don't send out acknowledgements - it's all done by track.
confused.com
:frown:

I have not recieved an acknowledgement also.

You shouldn't be worried though, as long as you have heard something from any of your other choices you know that they all have your email.
Reply 416
I've been offered an interview at BSMS for this Saturday. Has anyone else? And has anyone received interview offers from anywhere else? I'm panicking.
I applied for deferred entry for September 2013. No acknowledgement as of yet. Anyone else in the same position?
Reply 418
Original post by Toni
I've been offered an interview at BSMS for this Saturday. Has anyone else? And has anyone received interview offers from anywhere else? I'm panicking.

Did you get the invitation today? That's very shrt notice! Good luck
Only 162 places?!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending