I've applied for Architecture K100 :smile:, sent off my application on the 8th
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 21
Architecture K100 :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Vesselina
I've applied for Architecture K100 :smile:, sent off my application on the 8th

Awesome! And all the way from Bulgaria :eek: ? Is it going to be your firm or insurance?
Reply 23
Original post by OllieJ94
Is it going to be your firm or insurance?

Well...I haven't decided yet, I'll wait and see what offers I get (hopefully I'll some :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:) and then I'll decide.
Reply 24
I've applied for Classical Civilisation and Film Studies but haven't heard back yet :frown: Does anyone know when they will be giving out offers, or if they've already started?
It's my joint first choice, with St Andrews also being first. I'm going to look at St Andrews though and see if its as good, because I went to see Dundee and I just fell in love with it. Also I just got an offer from Glasgow and that looks awesome, as well! So many good unis.....
Reply 25
Applied for Psychology on the 10th, haven't heard anything as of yet :frown:, but been given the whole 'myDundee' login thing though...
Reply 26
Original post by dmr
Applied for Psychology on the 10th, haven't heard anything as of yet :frown:, but been given the whole 'myDundee' login thing though...

Psychology as an Art or Science? :smile:

I'm going for MA Psychology - my school is awful, still waiting on my reference, hope to have it sent away by Friday though :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by JakeE10
Have applied for International Business with German :smile:

What have you applied for?!

omg im applying for international business too but with marketing and my gcses are like the same as urs 3a 5b 3c and in as i got ccccd but im resitting and im predicted abb!! woo!!!
Reply 28
Original post by dummie
omg im applying for international business too but with marketing and my gcses are like the same as urs 3a 5b 3c and in as i got ccccd but im resitting and im predicted abb!! woo!!!

ahhhhh cool! so are you applying for 2nd year entry? as the requirements are abb aren't they? I'm only applying for 1st year, which is BCC! :smile: I got BBDD at AS, and predicted ABC. What subjects do you do? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by JakeE10
ahhhhh cool! so are you applying for 2nd year entry? as the requirements are abb aren't they? I'm only applying for 1st year, which is BCC! :smile: I got BBDD at AS, and predicted ABC. What subjects do you do? :smile:

sry but whats the difference between 2nd year entry and first year entry?:colondollar: i applied for next year 2012 which starts at september! i am now doin english lang, ict and maths
Reply 30
Original post by dummie
sry but whats the difference between 2nd year entry and first year entry?:colondollar: i applied for next year 2012 which starts at september! i am now doin english lang, ict and maths

Ah right. Well, the scottish system works slightly differently I think. Because scottish students can go to university a year early (I think), there's first year entry (where the entry requirements are lower (BCC at A-Level). However, there's also second year entry, where you can jump to the 2nd year of the degree if you like, but the entry requirements are higher obviously. (ABB at A-Level i think). But most people just opt for first year anyway! The only thing is, if you're doing a degree which would normally be 3 years long, it will be 4 years long. (unless you take the other route and apply for 2nd year). I am doing a language so mine is 4 years long wherever I go anyway so it makes no difference to me! tell me if you don't understand, don't think i explained very well haha :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by JakeE10
Ah right. Well, the scottish system works slightly differently I think. Because scottish students can go to university a year early (I think), there's first year entry (where the entry requirements are lower (BCC at A-Level). However, there's also second year entry, where you can jump to the 2nd year of the degree if you like, but the entry requirements are higher obviously. (ABB at A-Level i think). But most people just opt for first year anyway! The only thing is, if you're doing a degree which would normally be 3 years long, it will be 4 years long. (unless you take the other route and apply for 2nd year). I am doing a language so mine is 4 years long wherever I go anyway so it makes no difference to me! tell me if you don't understand, don't think i explained very well haha :biggrin:

o well im in england im in yr 13 right now and i applied for 2012 next year for 4 years so what entry requirement is that ABB or BCC? please BCC cuz thats y i applied lol :confused:
Reply 32
Original post by dummie
o well im in england im in yr 13 right now and i applied for 2012 next year for 4 years so what entry requirement is that ABB or BCC? please BCC cuz thats y i applied lol :confused:

yes, make sure it says on your UCAS form: Entry year: 1 or whatever. Unless you stated that you were applying for year 2, they will assume you're applying for first year anyway!! so yeah, BCC :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by JakeE10
yes, make sure it says on your UCAS form: Entry year: 1 or whatever. Unless you stated that you were applying for year 2, they will assume you're applying for first year anyway!! so yeah, BCC :smile:

for point of entry i put nothing then for deferred entry i put no so it looks like this

Point of entry:
Deferred entry?: No

is that right then :frown:
Reply 34
Original post by dummie
for point of entry i put nothing then for deferred entry i put no so it looks like this

Point of entry:
Deferred entry?: No

is that right then :frown:

Yes you're alright! I just looked at mine and it's blank too! I think they just assume you're applying as normal unless you opt for 2nd year (you'd have to put '2' or something where it says point of entry). So yeah, you're ok! When did you apply? :smile:
Reply 35
I applied for Geography F800 about a month ago, has anyone heard of people getting offers from Dundee? :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Amy122
I applied for Geography F800 about a month ago, has anyone heard of people getting offers from Dundee? :smile:

Hey, I applied on the 14th (9 days ago) for international business with german, only had an acknowledgement up to now! I've not heard of anybody that's been given an offer yet i don't think. I went onto the website last night and it said something about them not starting to give offers until mid-january or something so i don't know :s-smilie:
Applied for Geography F800 & Microbiology C500, hope I get an offer! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Caitlin_Healy
Applied for Geography F800 & Microbiology C500, hope I get an offer! :smile:

Good luck :smile: When did you apply? where else have you applied too?
Im applying for Politics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending