The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If the cut off point for wages is Saturday 26th, does this mean we get paid for Saturday's shift next pay day or will have to wait until end of December?
Reply 21
Original post by Joshilini
If the cut off point for wages is Saturday 26th, does this mean we get paid for Saturday's shift next pay day or will have to wait until end of December?

We'll get paid for Saturday's shift next payday. We won't have to wait until the end of December. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by briesandwich
Wow, MK III! Seems like Sainsbury's is a popular employer of choice. :wink:

Or we just have a lot to moan about :wink:
Reply 23
Original post by FXX
Or we just have a lot to moan about :wink:

Sounds more like it lol
My interview is on Wednesday :eek3:
I use 9 of my own bags every time I go there.
Reply 26
Original post by Conquistador

"Enter the number of own bags used"
"Have you swiped your Nectar Card?"
"Please take your change. Notes are dispensed below the scanner"
"Thank you for using Sainsbury's Self-Checkout"
Reply 27
Original post by Liam6993
>> "Enter the number of own bags used"
>> "Have you swiped your Nectar Card?"
"Please take your change. Notes are dispensed below the scanner"
"Thank you for using Sainsbury's Self-Checkout"

wrong way round, you have to swipe your nectar card first then it asks you.

I'm on self scan a lot!
Reply 28
Original post by thatg

I'm on self scan a lot!

I actually did realise that when I posted it - honest!

The one about the bags was more relevant to Conquistador's post, so I put that one first. :tongue:
Reply 29
Original post by thatg

I'm on self scan a lot!

I tend to find myself waiting most of the time for the yellow button to appear.

(Only replying so I can subscribe to thread, sorry for useless quote :frown:)
Reply 30
Original post by Foulish
I tend to find myself waiting most of the time for the yellow button to appear.

So annoying, why can't it just appear straight away would save loads of time!
Anyone know what number I have to call for an absence?

Also, I'm on a temporary contract until January (although it's most likely going to be made permanent as I'm replacing a guy who's left) and I've just startedf my third week of shifts...I'm ill now and there's no way I'll make it in for my shift tomorrow morning.

I've heard a few not very nice stories about the company if you're absent...how likely is it that they're going to be arsey with me if I'm absent for one shift tomorrow, and do I literally just ring in, say I'm ill and that's that? Thanks.
Reply 32
Original post by StraightEdge
Anyone know what number I have to call for an absence?

Also, I'm on a temporary contract until January (although it's most likely going to be made permanent as I'm replacing a guy who's left) and I've just startedf my third week of shifts...I'm ill now and there's no way I'll make it in for my shift tomorrow morning.

I've heard a few not very nice stories about the company if you're absent...how likely is it that they're going to be arsey with me if I'm absent for one shift tomorrow, and do I literally just ring in, say I'm ill and that's that? Thanks.

The number will be on your contract. It'll probably be a mobile number.

You'll be put through to a voicemail, so just say your name, your department, why you're ill and when you expect to be back.
Original post by FXX
The number will be on your contract. It'll probably be a mobile number.

You'll be put through to a voicemail, so just say your name, your department, why you're ill and when you expect to be back.

Thanks, but I haven't got a contract yet, they've only just finished collating my references. :frown:

What's the 'Back to Work' interview they do or something?
Reply 34
Thanks, but I haven't got a contract yet, they've only just finished collating my references. :frown:

You've been working for three weeks without a contract? Wow.

They just ask you about what happened and let you know how many absenses you can have before you have a disciplinary. Someone who has trained as a team leader will be able to help you out more.
Reply 35

Did you not sign a contract at your induction for the temp job? When I started in september I signed a contract which is due to finish in a couple of weeks, and then if I'm kept on then I will get a new one. :smile:
Hey guys, I'm currently working as a temp for Sainsbury's and my contract ends on the 21st Jan!
I read the colleague handbook and apparently if you're in full time education you can get up to two weeks off? Has anyone done that before?
The Sainsbury's I'm working for is near my University, and my University is nowhere near my Home, and I would really want to be home over the Christmas holidays which are going to be like nearly a month, I don't really want to stay to work and work a month for them :frown:
Do you think I can get allocated to a Sainsbury's near my home for a short period of time?
Thanks!!!!
Reply 37
Original post by amyyanwatse
Hey guys, I'm currently working as a temp for Sainsbury's and my contract ends on the 21st Jan!
I read the colleague handbook and apparently if you're in full time education you can get up to two weeks off? Has anyone done that before?
The Sainsbury's I'm working for is near my University, and my University is nowhere near my Home, and I would really want to be home over the Christmas holidays which are going to be like nearly a month, I don't really want to stay to work and work a month for them :frown:
Do you think I can get allocated to a Sainsbury's near my home for a short period of time?
Thanks!!!!

Did you sign up for an xmas temp job with no intention of working xmas? Only way of finding out if you can get a move is by going to HR but I'd be really surprised.
Original post by FXX
Did you sign up for an xmas temp job with no intention of working xmas? Only way of finding out if you can get a move is by going to HR but I'd be really surprised.

Hey, yeah I intended to work till 24th Dec, It said the contract was going to end till 24th Dec. I hastily signed the contract I got, went home & read through it, to my surprise it stated 21st Jan 2012. :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by Conquistador

Hopefully not using your discount card at the same time, as the EagleEye system will have picked up on that. Someone at my store was sacked for doing that, as it counts as theft.

Latest