The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I'm simply saying that it makes sense for unis to ask for it since most people have one or the other.

I do have a UK provisional driving licence - but I have to have a passport (nothing else in its place) to get an offer from them. I know £77 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things concerning medical school, but it's quite a hefty chunk for a sixth form student...:zomg:

One or the other would be better, UKCAT allows you to use a provisional.

Meh, best to have one anyway - especially in the possible event of having a gap year...
Original post by Joseppea
I do have a UK provisional driving licence - but I have to have a passport (nothing else in its place) to get an offer from them. I know £77 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things concerning medical school, but it's quite a hefty chunk for a sixth form student...:zomg:

One or the other would be better, UKCAT allows you to use a provisional.

Meh, best to have one anyway - especially in the possible event of having a gap year...

I'm nearing the point where if I don't get a job soon, I will have literally no money. I need to spend about £130 in the next few weeks for driving lessons/test, and then there's lots of things for about £20/£30 each that need to be taken care of over the next few months. I had saved up loads last year and it's almost all gone now, pretty frustrating really.
Reply 9462
I might just deactivate my facebook, the constant offer fb status updates its starting to annoy me.
Reply 9463
Original post by Besakt
I might just deactivate my facebook, the constant offer fb status updates its starting to annoy me.

I know what you mean...but I don't think I could cope with that :L at least this rate you can find out about med interviews on there too...

Trying not to panic about my (:O) BMAT results....
ohhh godddd **** me
i've got an interview from manchester on 1st
one from university of hong kong on 3rd
and a possible interview from cambridge anytime from 5th to 9th..
god i dun wanna fly back and forth...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9465
Hi, just wondering if anyone could take a bit of time out to answer a few of my questions (i have looked for the answers and cant get them so even if you could point me in the general direction)

I'm a reapplicant after taking a year out and have my A-level results. It seems that everyone posts their ukcat scores as an average. when i do that i get 622.5 (really disappointed) but when we examine the 4 sub tests i have higher than average in 3 and below average in 1. I was wondering if the universities consider just the average or each subtest individually (hopefully individually). If its the average then why have 4 subtests and not just one test and look at the overall score.

Im sorry if that is a stupid question but im really panicking about my application, i have wanted to do medicine for as long as i can remember but dont know if ill even get invited to interview and i know alot of people who didnt care whether or not the did medicine and were accepted last year (these are the incredibly smart people) one even hadnt his PS started on the 13th of october and said he wasnt goin to do medicine cos it was too much effort then did his personal statement and submitted it and got an interview based on his grades (i assume cos he didnt do anything non-academic.)

Sorry for the rant but i need to do medicine. Thanks in advance.
Reply 9466
Original post by Doctor2b
Hi, just wondering if anyone could take a bit of time out to answer a few of my questions (i have looked for the answers and cant get them so even if you could point me in the general direction)

I'm a reapplicant after taking a year out and have my A-level results. It seems that everyone posts their ukcat scores as an average. when i do that i get 622.5 (really disappointed) but when we examine the 4 sub tests i have higher than average in 3 and below average in 1. I was wondering if the universities consider just the average or each subtest individually (hopefully individually). If its the average then why have 4 subtests and not just one test and look at the overall score.

Im sorry if that is a stupid question but im really panicking about my application, i have wanted to do medicine for as long as i can remember but dont know if ill even get invited to interview and i know alot of people who didnt care whether or not the did medicine and were accepted last year (these are the incredibly smart people) one even hadnt his PS started on the 13th of october and said he wasnt goin to do medicine cos it was too much effort then did his personal statement and submitted it and got an interview based on his grades (i assume cos he didnt do anything non-academic.)

Sorry for the rant but i need to do medicine. Thanks in advance.

It really depends on the uni. Bristol doesn't look at UKCAT, BSMS only uses it for the borderline cases (I doubt if they look at subtests), Nottingham considers each subtest so the high one would not compensate for the lower one, King's look at the total/average score, I believe ... So make your uni choices wisely ... Hope that helps
Reply 9467
Thanks for the quick reply - i was wondering in my application does me being a reapplicant favour me in the selection processes (before interview) as i have my A-Level results or how are these considered in invites to interview - also wondering will i get any invites to interview by e-mail as well cos my postman is very unreliable and sometimes delivers things 5-7 days after they should have been delivered - thanks again
Reply 9468
Just got my HYMS interview!
So excited. :smile:
Reply 9469
Original post by apple17
Just got my HYMS interview!
So excited. :smile:

Congrats :smile:

ARGH I WANT TO HEAR BACK FROM CAMBRIDGE NOW THEY HAVE MY BMAT SCORE....
I honestly thought I could not feel any worse today...rejection from HYMS :cry: :frown:
Reply 9471
Original post by ViceVersa
I honestly thought I could not feel any worse today...rejection from HYMS :cry: :frown:

It's not the end of the world you have an interview from Barts and an offer from your back up. :hugs:

Today hasn't been the best day at all. It's not over though, you'lve got an interview at Barts, be the best you can be :hugs:

Try not to let one rejection bring you down, there is still hope! Best of luck with the rest of your choices!
Reply 9474

However, you still have your Barts interview! Do your best at that!! :smile:
Reply 9475
Original post by pianoboe
Congrats :smile:

ARGH I WANT TO HEAR BACK FROM CAMBRIDGE NOW THEY HAVE MY BMAT SCORE....

Thank you! Waited so long :smile:
Don't worry! Did u do well on BMAT?
logged in to my email today to see 3 unread emails.

COULD IT BE AN INTERVIEW? A REJECTION? AHHHH I DONT WANNA LOOK!!!!!!!!

1 from ucas and 2 from microsoft. dammit.
Original post by Besakt
It's not the end of the world you have an interview from Barts and an offer from your back up. :hugs:

Thanks, I know :redface: I need to put my all into Barts, especially as I won't ge getting an interview from Imperial either. 2 rejections in one day, I simply can't stop the tears :frown:

Original post by oHellno
Today hasn't been the best day at all. It's not over though, you'lve got an interview at Barts, be the best you can be :hugs:

Today has been a horrible day indeed :sadnod: At least I have an interview, you're right :sadnod: How did bmat go for you then? You couldn't have done worse tan I did..

Original post by CocaineSquirrel
Try not to let one rejection bring you down, there is still hope! Best of luck with the rest of your choices!

Original post by YesDoc
However, you still have your Barts interview! Do your best at that!! :smile:

You're right. I need to be sad then move on asap :sadnod:
Reply 9478
Thanks, I know :redface: I need to put my all into Barts, especially as I won't ge getting an interview from Imperial either. 2 rejections in one day, I simply can't stop the tears :frown:

Today has been a horrible day indeed :sadnod: At least I have an interview, you're right :sadnod: How did bmat go for you then? You couldn't have done worse tan I did..

You're right. I need to be sad then move on asap :sadnod:

2 rejections :eek: where's the other one from?
Original post by Besakt
2 rejections :eek: where's the other one from?

Imperial. I just said :sigh:

The letter hasn't come through yet, but with my bmat its basically a rejection. Today out of all days I had to receive all these bad news :cry:

Latest

Trending

Trending