The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zynx
Please explain your motivation for applying to investment banking as an industry and Spring Week: Experience IB & Risk in particular

Cheers, how many words?
Reply 481
Original post by Industrious Orca
Cheers, how many words?

300 :smile:
Reply 482
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I just received some very interesting news, not sure if you guys want to hear it though. You probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

im quite interested
Reply 483
Original post by I'mSet
I have a feeling you're talking about the MS & Barcap news? If so I'd be interested to know how you got hold of that..

Hmmm.... do share.
Reply 484
Haha, a place is getting less competed for Nomuras programme. My laziness will kill me.
When are the deadlines for spring week applications?
Reply 486
Original post by miml
Hmmm.... do share.

Can you (anyone) inform us (me) what these news are about?!
Reply 487
Original post by jevira
Can you (anyone) inform us (me) what these news are about?!

I second that
Reply 488
Original post by dudeboy2
I second that

Third'd - however knowing ppl on tsr, I am assuming people want to keep their "golden goose/geese" safe.

Feel free to Pm to me, I guess a lot of people like playing / bluffing ( like poker) and keeping their hands strictly to themselves... I know IB is competitive but don't overdo it guys, the economy will pick up v soon.
Reply 489
Has anyone received any interview/ assessment centre offers so far for SW placements?
Reply 490
How long does it take between applying to JPM/HSBC and getting a numerical test invite for JPM/HSBC?
Reply 491
Got a place for a spring week! Will be within Bond sales, trading and debt syndication - doing it in my gap year tho.
Original post by Hackett
Got a place for a spring week! Will be within Bond sales, trading and debt syndication - doing it in my gap year tho.

Cool, what company?
Reply 493
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Cool, what company?

I don't want to say but it is not a BB - it offers spring weeks but they are not advetised like the BB ones.
Reply 494
Original post by Hackett

I wonder if any1 is doing an banking internship over their gap year like FT...
Why is Credit Suisse asking for Verbal test?! does anybody have any idea if they will ask for the numerical next?
Original post by jevira
Yes - but I was quite stupid thinking to get it done well without any practice. It was maybe the third numerical test I've ever token and couldn't answer 4 quests. I even didn't think about guessing them lol. Hope that anyone from you will take my place :P.

I went to a presentation one week ago , talked to a recruiter and she told me that they also look at accuracy when assessing test results, therefore we shouldn't guess in the last minute. So it's actually a good thing you didn't guess the answers. I took the test today too, found it quite hard..

This applies to MS, not sure abt the others though
(edited 12 years ago)
Hello,

whats happening with the spring week applications. I applied to GS, JPM and citi like a month ago and haven't received any think from them?

help
Reply 498
Original post by fgusman1992
Hello,

whats happening with the spring week applications. I applied to GS, JPM and citi like a month ago and haven't received any think from them?

help

Goldman are definitely waiting for the deadline before giving out any information. I'm not sure about the others though.
Reply 499
Applied to MS - felt pressured because it seems everyone on here has already!

How long does it take for the test invite?

Latest

Trending

Trending