The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3740
I don't understand how kelly retained knowledge of what happened during the nazi stuff since that version of history was erased.
Original post by skeanos
I don't understand how kelly retained knowledge of what happened during the nazi stuff since that version of history was erased.

Because she was the one who time travelled back in time to get the phone back from Hitler, and back to the present day (which is now un-Nazified)
Reply 3742
Original post by Mother_Russia
Because she was the one who time travelled back in time to get the phone back from Hitler, and back to the present day (which is now un-Nazified)

Yes but the nazi version of herself would not have any knowledge of what life was like before all the nazi stuff happened if that was true, but she does.
Original post by skeanos
Yes but the nazi version of herself would not have any knowledge of what life was like before all the nazi stuff happened if that was true, but she does.

I thought she could as im guessing this is the same power curtis had in seasons 1+2. Remember when curtis time travelled to the past and future, he retained all of the knowledge he gained in the past and future, so im guessing kelly would too?

Actualy thats a fair point as it was the old guy who time travelled first...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by skeanos

That's because she wasn't the time traveller then, that was the Jewish guy. Who did remember when he back to today (Nazi today)
Reply 3745
That's because she wasn't the time traveller then, that was the Jewish guy. Who did remember when he back to today (Nazi today)

But it was the nazi time kelly who went back in time to get the phone from hitler. She would not have any knowledge of that period of time because she travelled to the future to a time without hitler again she didn't get to 2011 just by ageing so that implies its still the same kelly who was in nazi england who would have no knowledge of what life is like without nazis.
lol just started it on 4od, not sure if i like it....
but did anybody recognize the guy doing community service from the very first episode?
Original post by skeanos
But it was the nazi time kelly who went back in time to get the phone from hitler. She would not have any knowledge of that period of time because she travelled to the future to a time without hitler again she didn't get to 2011 just by ageing so that implies its still the same kelly who was in nazi england who would have no knowledge of what life is like without nazis.

Oooooh, NOW I understand your query. Well noticed!!!

Very very good point. I just assumed that this would be the Nazi Kelly, but you're completely right, she wouldn't have any memory of the normal 'today'.

Massive plothole there.

Original post by bananaterracottapie
lol just started it on 4od, not sure if i like it....
but did anybody recognize the guy doing community service from the very first episode?

Oh, was he the one that was 'iciefied' by the Nazi guy??

Very very good point. I just assumed that this would be the Nazi Kelly, but you're completely right, she wouldn't have any memory of the normal 'today'.

Massive plothole there.

yeah lol :smile: the one who got killed straight away by the probation work. made me chuckle.
Original post by bananaterracottapie
yeah lol :smile: the one who got killed straight away by the probation work. made me chuckle.

That's interesting. Why did he get killed in the 1st episode again?

i think he just happened to be in wrong place at the wrong time ,it was before curtis started using his power... i think, definitely need to rewatch the series :P

Black dude went mental and killed him.
Blow to the back of the head with an axe or something I believe.
Original post by Daniellejo.
Black dude went mental and killed him.
Blow to the back of the head with an axe or something I believe.

Is that hinting that the black dude never would have existed in the Nazi period.....well thought out that!

But then what about poor Curtis??

This post could come out as being racist....it's not! Just Nazi ideology...
Is that hinting that the black dude never would have existed in the Nazi period.....well thought out that!

But then what about poor Curtis??

This post could come out as being racist....it's not! Just Nazi ideology...

I must admit that my first thought when seeing nazis in their time was "What have they done with Curtis and Alisha?!?"
Reply 3754
This episode was a bit crap to be honest. All that happened was Kelly's relationship with Seth was developed a bit more.

Massive plothole there.

But after she went back in time she went forward and everything that happened the way it was supposed to flashed in her eyes therefore her memories would have been put back in place.

As for Curtis and Alisha that is a good point but I guess it's just a plot hole they couldn't avoid we'll just have to assume that by the time they were born the Nazi's had 'loosened' up on the whole race thing.
I got confused during it I didn't get what was going on for a while. I was also wondering why Alisha and Simon didn't know each other.
I actually quite liked this episode, but then, I like time travel-y type plots. I felt that it still kept the mood of the show very well; I was worried that it might be a bit too 'big' (and Heroes-esque).

I just loved the way Rudy and Curtis were sitting with those cocktails.... (Curtis/Rudy... don't hate it, it's canon)
Reply 3758
This episode sucked so badly... there were more holes in it than a sieve. Why were the black ones allowed to exist in Nazi Europe? Why were the Nazi's so laxed when it came to protecting those with super powers? Why was there no difference in the characters core personality given that history had been changed fundamentally?

The whole thing felt like it was written by 5 year olds to be honest.
Original post by Elipsis
This episode sucked so badly... there were more holes in it than a sieve. Why were the black ones allowed to exist in Nazi Europe? Why were the Nazi's so laxed when it came to protecting those with super powers? Why was there no difference in the characters core personality given that history had been changed fundamentally?

The whole thing felt like it was written by 5 year olds to be honest.

But they couldn't have covered all of that easily and simply within an hour.

Quick Reply

Latest