The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by original_username
^ Nice.

I picked up the first LMG yesterday off the floor and got 6 kills with a quad feed in about 15 seconds. Thought that I'd try the LMG's more but having tried to play with them I can't understand why they are so underpowered. Every other class of weapon is OP but the LMG's under perform constantly in every type of gunfight.

If you don't use a type 95 in this game you get pwned by one constantly. Doing my head in.

In previous COD games LMGs have had big magazines and no/very little damage drop off at range. This was made up for with slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement. Now they still have the slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement, but now they're **** at range, which makes them **** at all ranges because of the slow ADS.

They definitely need a buff, and the Type 95 needs the opposite... :tongue:
Original post by AugustWestie
In previous COD games LMGs have had big magazines and no/very little damage drop off at range. This was made up for with slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement. Now they still have the slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement, but now they're **** at range, which makes them **** at all ranges because of the slow ADS.

They definitely need a buff, and the Type 95 needs the opposite... :tongue:

Yeah its shocking, I will see someone at distance, shoot the **** out of them get a tonne of hit markers then they will turn and kill me in one burst on their 95.

Leads to rage quit.
I'm finding the matchmaking is quicker. Was really annoying me.

Started playing a bit of FFA, finding it pretty decent for getting better at the game. Sick of trusting my team mates, I swear COD is played by absolute idiots.

Also, question. How long did it take you guys who can snipe to learn? I fancy learning, one major element missing from my game, but I currently suck. Any tips for learning?
Original post by doggyfizzel

Also, question. How long did it take you guys who can snipe to learn? I fancy learning, one major element missing from my game, but I currently suck. Any tips for learning?

Increase your sensitivity when using a sniper. Means you can move your scope onto the target quicker.
Reply 1284
Anyone up for the custom games today? We need about 8 so

x

Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
x

Original post by AugustWestie
x

Original post by jit987
x

Original post by Charzhino
x

Are you lot up for it? I've not quoted the xbox guys because well you'll are on Xbox :p:

ANy other PS3 guys are welcome :smile:
What time? I'd like to try them out
Reply 1286
What time? I'd like to try them out

Aytime between 7:30 and 12?
I just got messaged being called a camping noob from a guy that was using a gold Type 95. :lol:
Increase your sensitivity when using a sniper. Means you can move your scope onto the target quicker.
Thanks I'll give it a go.
Reply 1289
Original post by doggyfizzel
I'm finding the matchmaking is quicker. Was really annoying me.

Started playing a bit of FFA, finding it pretty decent for getting better at the game. Sick of trusting my team mates, I swear COD is played by absolute idiots.

Basically using the highest sensitivity you are comfortable with (imo anything under 7 is a struggle) and get used to knowing exactly where the middle of your screen is, steady aim helps when you start out as it gives you the smallest crosshairs.

I just played FFA until I could comfortably win every game, but that was MW2 where like 3/4 of the lobby were also snipers so it was pretty easy. I've barely noticed any in MW3 which is weird as this is by far the easiest game to snipe in.
Reply 1290
Original post by SweatyGoldfish

I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?:confused:

Well, Battlefield has always had the potential for a fast pace. It just depends on the map and the pacing can vary from as fast (if not faster) than CoD in tighter maps, to slower in larger more sparse maps. It's only newer fans who think it can only be played by being SLOW and TACTICOOL, when more often than not it pays dividends to be fast. Things like infinite stamina and clusters of flags in the centre of maps helps bring up BF3's pacing. You won't get as many kills because it is limited by tickets and the maps are larger, but the game feels more dynamic in that that both teams are usually at each other's necks.

Admittedly, I am comparing Battlefield's conquest mode to team deathmatch, when it's more like a larger scale domination mode. Which is something I really shouldn't be doing. But even vanilla BF3's TDM is faster, with hardcore TDM being more akin to regular MW3 TDM.

Don't get me wrong though, MW3 can still be plenty fast. But I'd say 8/10 games I play of TDM involve one team not moving an inch. I was hoping it'd get less like this as people begin to learn maps, but it seems to be getting worse, in my experience, obvs.
Flying home tomorrow for the weekend, so I will finally have the chance to play MW3! :woo:
I'm pretty new to COD, tbh. Just been playing Black Ops at my friend's for the last week or two or so. :p:

But yes, I can't wait to actually get my hands on my own copy of MW3 (and BLOPS, for that matter. Only a year late. :colondollar: :rolleyes:)

I've got a PS3, so need to adapt to that as I have been playing BLOPS on the XBOX. But should be all right. I need to get into this anyways, as I am pretty **** at the moment. Let's face it. :p: Although, to be fair, I've been playing against lvl 40-50 people and I got slowly better. Still need to find my ideal sensitivity.

Don't hear a lot of people talking on the mics, though. Not sure if I would do it. I'm a bit shy and I hate my voice. :p:

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Counting the hours until I am home...
Original post by Tabris
x.

Ah right :smile:
I've never played Battlefield myself (well apart from about two games on BC2), so up till now I've only been able to go off what the MW3 flamers say (''BATTLEFIELD IS FOR SKILLED PLAYERS MW2.5 IS ONLY FOR ADD KIDS WHO CAN'T PLAY A GAME IF THERE ISN'T EXPLOSIONS AND KILLS EVERY SECOND'' :rolleyes:
Just prestiged :smile:

EDIT: Sorry if that displeased someone...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1294
Anyone want some games now?
KuksFC is my PSN
Reply 1295

Ah right :smile:
I've never played Battlefield myself (well apart from about two games on BC2), so up till now I've only been able to go off what the MW3 flamers say (''BATTLEFIELD IS FOR SKILLED PLAYERS MW2.5 IS ONLY FOR ADD KIDS WHO CAN'T PLAY A GAME IF THERE ISN'T EXPLOSIONS AND KILLS EVERY SECOND'' :rolleyes:

Ah, that's fair enough.

Yeah, fanboys like that are the worst. They're usually newer fans to the Battlefield franchise as well who think that it's supposed to be some milsim; when it's as arcadey as CoD is, but with a slightly different focus.

I think another thing about MW3 is that there is a lot of focus on choke points and corners with map the design which encourages camping a lot more. CoD4 and MW2 had many more open maps. There aren't any maps on MW3 which could be described as anything more than a system of alleyways. The lack variety doesn't do it any favours. Its similar with BF3, there are more maps that force choke points than in previous BF games.
MP5 + Silencer + Assassin :colone:
Oh God my gamer-rage is so embarrassing :colondollar:
Anyone got any advice on how to stop being so obsessed over my K/D? :tongue:

:lol:
Robert Bowling acknowledged the PS3's lack of hitmarker sound. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest