The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by vinc10
Same here dude. I sent mine on 17th of Oct..........It's so annoying........ I have already reminded him 4-5 times.............

Maybe you should think about asking someone else... :s-smilie: That's really annoying.
Still waiting for mine, too, but it's only been just over a week.
Reply 101
Original post by MiaMoo
Maybe you should think about asking someone else... :s-smilie: That's really annoying.
Still waiting for mine, too, but it's only been just over a week.

The thing is that he upload my reference for other unis... I don't know wnat I have to do know.. I have sent him three emails...
Reply 102
Original post by zziippoo
The thing is that he upload my reference for other unis... I don't know wnat I have to do know.. I have sent him three emails...

I went directly to my referees office, peer pressured him and sent 4 e-mails until he eventually uploaded it. :sexface:

Another day gone..another day with no replies from any of my applications :moon:
Reply 103
No. my friend has an interview in one week.. i do not know...did you apply to other universities? where?

BTW when exactly is your friends interview? What day next week? Maybe you can post the questions she got asked in the interview:biggrin: Also, who's her interview with? I have Nina as my interviewer
Reply 104
Original post by IK237
BTW when exactly is your friends interview? What day next week? Maybe you can post the questions she got asked in the interview:biggrin: Also, who's her interview with? I have Nina as my interviewer

Is it a video interview or are you going down to UCL?
Reply 105
Original post by Akkuz
Is it a video interview or are you going down to UCL?

I changed my interview to Thursday 1st December at 2pm. If you live in London you get a choice of having a video interview or in person. I chose to do it in person with Nina.
Reply 106
Original post by IK237
I changed my interview to Thursday 1st December at 2pm. If you live in London you get a choice of having a video interview or in person. I chose to do it in person with Nina.

Cool. I agree, definitely better to do it in person. Good luck.
Reply 107
Does anyone know if UCL ask academic questions in any taught Postgraduate Interviews? I dont want to get caught out if Nina asks me anything regarding my second year.
Reply 108
yeah i think it is better to do in person..
i am not sure but as far i know they ask general questions and why you have chosen ucl, why this course. if it is related with your degree.
Reply 109
I doubt they will ask academic questions. Moreso what zipo said ^
Reply 110
Today I received my formal offer by mail. They give me 4 weeks to get accept or decline the offer. This won't probably be enough as I am still waiting for Oxbridge decisions which are usually not made until January or February. Are those 4 weeks really enforced in the sense that I will lose the offer if I don't reply by then? Do they grant extensions?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by Akkuz
I doubt they will ask academic questions. Moreso what zipo said ^

btw Akkuz keep me updated on how your application goes.
Reply 112
Original post by IK237
btw Akkuz keep me updated on how your application goes.

Will do. Let me know how your interview goes.
Reply 113
Original post by Ghost6
Today I received my formal offer by mail. They give me 4 weeks to get accept or decline the offer. This won't probably be enough as I am still waiting for Oxbridge decisions which are usually not made until January or February. Are those 4 weeks really enforced in the sense that I will lose the offer if I don't reply by then? Do they grant extensions?

I too am waiting on decisions from Oxbridge. As there are no financial obligations attached to your UCL offer, you should accept that now (online via Portico) - you can always reject it later, if you receive an offer from Oxbridge. This is what I have done.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by Sophos
I too am waiting on decisions from Oxbridge. As there are no financial obligations attached to your UCL offer, you should accept that now (online via Portico) - you can always reject it later, if you receive an offer from Oxbridge. This is what I have done.

Thank you. This is probably what I will end up doing as the four weeks will soon be gone. Once you have accepted an offer on Portico, is there an option on Portico to let them now you won't eventually attend?
Reply 115
Original post by Ghost6
Thank you. This is probably what I will end up doing as the four weeks will soon be gone. Once you have accepted an offer on Portico, is there an option on Portico to let them now you won't eventually attend?

No, I don't believe so. But all the admissions information indicates that you should call them (the admissions office) on one of their two phone lines to let them know if you later decide not to accept the offer. As you will have a decision from Oxbridge by, at the latest, March, that is when you should speak to them if necessary (although I do hope you are successful in your Oxbridge applications).
Reply 116
i know that ucl divide the student into two categories. The people who come from management background and the people who studied something else. A girl who applied on this course, told me that. She spoke with the admission team and she asked if it is worth to study msc in management since she is studying management. then the admission office explained to her how the department works.

so ucl might ask students with non-managerial background for an interview.

I though the interview process is a must?

On their website:
If an applicant meets the entry requirements and is deemed suitable for the course, he or she is invited for an online interview using Skype or OVIA. Applicants from the UK may also be invited for an interview at UCL.

Does that mean if I'm staying in UK, I might be lucky enough to get an offer without an interview?
Reply 117
Does anyone have an indication of how long interviews will last or how many questions will we be given to answer?
Reply 118
I'm guessing the interviews depend on subject, but my health psychology interview was about 10 mins long. It was the usual questions - why do you want to study this course, what was your third year project for undergrad about, what kind of project would you like to do, what do you hope to do after this course. They also asked a pretty nasty stats question (especially nasty seeing as this was totally on the spot, and stats exams tend to be open book anyway so there isn't any real need to learn them off by heart)

They did also ask about how I was going to fund the course, I'd imagine they'll be asking more people this as the course fees have just gone up?

But it was pretty informal, and as long as you have researched into your course and what you want to do with it, its fine.
Reply 119
Original post by LydiaM123
I'm guessing the interviews depend on subject, but my health psychology interview was about 10 mins long. It was the usual questions - why do you want to study this course, what was your third year project for undergrad about, what kind of project would you like to do, what do you hope to do after this course. They also asked a pretty nasty stats question (especially nasty seeing as this was totally on the spot, and stats exams tend to be open book anyway so there isn't any real need to learn them off by heart)

They did also ask about how I was going to fund the course, I'd imagine they'll be asking more people this as the course fees have just gone up?

But it was pretty informal, and as long as you have researched into your course and what you want to do with it, its fine.

thank you for the info:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest