The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by miml
Applied to MS - felt pressured because it seems everyone on here has already!

How long does it take for the test invite?

In answer to my own question... approx 90 seconds.
I sent off my JPM App a week ago, no reply

Also, Being a student representitive for your course, good thing to put on CV?
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
I sent off my JPM App a week ago, no reply

Also, Being a student representitive for your course, good thing to put on CV?

It certainly is :yep:
Reply 503
Hmm..
DB answered my email.

They said that they are considering me for an internship in asset management. They ask me to send them a (new) CL, CV and everything else. But I'm quite sceptic. Should I really make that work? I'm in the first semester, and not at a 1 tier uni. Have I got real chances? I think no. What do you think, how would you proceed?

Oh yeah, forgot to write that they rejected me for the spring into banking program.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jevira
Hmm..
DB answered my email.

They said that they are considering me for an internship in asset management. They ask me to send them a (new) CL, CV and everything else. But I'm quite sceptic. Should I really make that work? I'm in the first semester, and not at a 1 tier uni. Have I got real chances? I think no. What do you think, how would you proceed?

Oh yeah, forgot to write that they rejected me for the spring into banking program.

Uni or degree doesnt mean much, if They obviously feel you have the ability and experience - which you do, then you should be considered for the internship. Even if you arent successful at the end of it, you'll get valuable experience of the recruitment process/Assessment Centre etc. What was their reason for rejecting you for Spring week
Reply 505
Don't know why they rejected me. That's also why I think I'm getting messed aroung. If I wasn't "good enough" for the spring week, how should I be good enough for a full internship?

Well, I don't really know what to do :s-smilie:
Original post by jevira
Don't know why they rejected me. That's also why I think I'm getting messed aroung. If I wasn't "good enough" for the spring week, how should I be good enough for a full internship?

Well, I don't really know what to do :s-smilie:

Or you could look at it the other way round, with your experience, do you really need a spring week - which is just basically an intro to IB. They probably presume you dont need it since you've got so much experience at this stage
Reply 507
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Or you could look at it the other way round, with your experience, do you really need a spring week - which is just basically an intro to IB. They probably presume you dont need it since you've got so much experience at this stage

-> PM
Reply 508
I don't want to discuss it/give anything away. But does anyone else think there was a mistake in one of the MS numerical questions?

Not even sure if we all get the same test so it might be a pointless question, but am almost certain there was a crucial typo in one of their questions.
Reply 509
Original post by miml
I don't want to discuss it/give anything away. But does anyone else think there was a mistake in one of the MS numerical questions?

Not even sure if we all get the same test so it might be a pointless question, but am almost certain there was a crucial typo in one of their questions.

Who cares that there was a typo in a question? The tests all have the same framework, but hardly anyone gets the exactly same questions.
Reply 510
Original post by jevira
Who cares that there was a typo in a question? The tests all have the same framework, but hardly anyone gets the exactly same questions.

It was a pretty crucial typo that meant the actual answer wasn't listed as an option.
Reply 511
If you did the rest well (19 out of 20 correct), then **** off it. If you will be rejected for this fault, **** happens, I wouldn't write them, they would laugh about you.
Reply 512
Original post by jevira
If you did the rest well (19 out of 20 correct), then **** off it. If you will be rejected for this fault, **** happens, I wouldn't write them, they would laugh about you.

I have a screenshot, if they reject me then I will let them know.

But yeah, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Am I right in saying that nearly all of the SW deadlines are in Jan 2012? (not JPM I've heard)

I've got so much going on atm that I doubt I'll be able to finish all my apps before the end of December...
Reply 514
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Am I right in saying that nearly all of the SW deadlines are in Jan 2012? (not JPM I've heard)

I've got so much going on atm that I doubt I'll be able to finish all my apps before the end of December...

Yes.
i should probably apply to MS soon..
Reply 516
Original post by i_hate_teeth
i should probably apply to MS soon..

Why? Is there no MD who would pull strings for you?

And why don't u answer my pm?
Reply 517
just got the invite for deutsche bank tests.... anyone done it?
Original post by ough789
just got the invite for deutsche bank tests.... anyone done it?

Just got my invite too....probably taking it tomorrow.
for those who have applied at GSachs. after submitting the application do they prompt you for the numerical? or do they first look at ur apllication and then consider u for the numerical?

Latest

Trending

Trending