The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah, did you guys have that eccentric asian/apparently greek lecturer?
Original post by dnumberwang

I don't think so... Looked British... What did your guy go on about?

Ours did some stuff on analysis and number theory (fundamental theorem of arithmetic and harmonic and other series, etc.)
Original post by Rahul.S
:biggrin: told you! :colone:

aha u did, how it goes however is a different story...
Original post by maths134
aha u did, how it goes however is a different story...

everything will be fine :biggrin: you been to UCL?
To anyone who visits UCL, I found a very nice Austrian food stall in Gordon Square just down the road from the Student Union which sells the most terrific chocolate brownies, no kidding.
Original post by officeface
I was at UCL today.. would have been nice to have actually had people to talk to but never mind :wink: How did you guys find it?

Yeah i was there too, some people were ok there, the lecture was ok but near the end i was nearly ready to give up with the reciprical of the primes! The tour guide people were helpful and the whole vibe of the place was pretty chilled, which i personally liked, but then again there are no exams at this time of the year.

Original post by dnumberwang

No.. he was white. it was ok, i nearly lol'ed when he walked in in a t shirt and three quarters.
Original post by Rahul.S
everything will be fine :biggrin: you been to UCL?

Nah going this Friday =]
Original post by maths134
Nah going this Friday =]

sik mine would of been on 30th but I have to go studio that day :tongue: planning to go to visit warwick, imperial and ucl during february :rolleyes:
Reply 3508
Who is going to UCL next wednesday?
Yeah I was there, I was the guy who's offer hadn't come through on track yet haha (it has now)
All you guys visiting UCL, I wish I had applied there (not just so that I could be part of the seeming majority).
I finally got my interview at cambridge :biggrin:
I got an interview at St John's Oxford on the 11th December :biggrin:

open day at ucl next wednesday got cancelled... was looking forward to a day off school!
Original post by theharrovian
open day at ucl next wednesday got cancelled... was looking forward to a day off school!

Just in case you didnt know....schools may be closed that day anyway due to strikes be teachers....
2nd offer in - AB from Lancaster :woo:
Reply 3516
Who is going to the ucl open day tomorrow? I was going to go on the 30th but thats been cancelled :s-smilie:
I'm going tomorrow...
Original post by Edwin Okli
All you guys visiting UCL, I wish I had applied there (not just so that I could be part of the seeming majority).

That's better than being part of the minority who applied to UCL but didn't get invited to this open day/offer givaway, and is now worrying that they're going to get a rejection letter soon...

:frown:

...and Imperial haven't said a thing either!
Original post by Beth1234
That's better than being part of the minority who applied to UCL but didn't get invited to this open day/offer givaway, and is now worrying that they're going to get a rejection letter soon...

:frown:

...and Imperial haven't said a thing either!

Thats not true. I am applying for the second time and my UCL offer came through in January last year. You were just not selected in the first batch of people. However, that does not mean you are less/more capable, just the nature of their algorithm.

Latest