The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medbh4805
I think LMH hasn't invited anybody yet :s-smilie:

there are 2 invited, for chemistry and Law. But nothing more yet... Glad e&m's are out :smile:
Reply 8881
In the middle of my room lies the oxford prospectus. ripped to streds.

i feel much better now. :smile:
Original post by RoyalStudent
there are 2 invited, for chemistry and Law. But nothing more yet... Glad e&m's are out :smile:

:s-smilie:

hope we find out soon :colonhash:
Reply 8883
that's what I said - but they're sticking by their "policy" (basically their policy on UCAS this year seems to be to mess about as many students as possible and make their lives as difficult as possible :angry: ).

I hope so :cry2:

Ah, that sounds like a complete pain.

You'll be fine :biggrin: There's no way Oxford would miss out on such an avid innuendo creator a passionate classicist.

Do you just mean that E&M interviews have started appearing, or something else?
Original post by digestives
OMG! Dad calls me saying phone call from oxford. Running down the steps in hot anticipation...

"Hi, this is a phone call from Oxford APPLICATIONS..."

". . . We just wanted to say that we loved your application so much that we're willing to give you an offer at every single college in Oxford! Hello? Hellooooo?"

Original post by digestives
Hang up phone.

:angry:

I would do anything for a phone call from Oxford, no matter the subject matter. :tongue:
Reply 8885
Just one click of Send/Receive - that's all it takes, Wadham... :/

Congratulations to everyone who is getting interviews - you've done brilliantly! Commiserations to those who haven't - I have a feeling I'll be joining you soon, but I'm sure you've all got other fab unis waiting to take you on. :smile:

What do you mean when you say "E&Ms are out"? :curious:
Original post by Doojam
Ah, that sounds like a complete pain.

it is :colonhash:

You'll be fine :biggrin: There's no way Oxford would miss out on such an avid innuendo creator a passionate classicist.

:sexface:
Original post by Doojam
What are you applying for and at which college?

English at St Anne's :smile: Got an interview invitation today...how dreadful it would be to show up there without having stalked the other applicants before (and I when I say "stalk" I mean threaten and sabotage) to ensure feeling better about my interview :smile:

All love, all love.
Original post by DreamingSpires
". . . We just wanted to say that we loved your application so much that we're willing to give you an offer at every single college in Oxford! Hello? Hellooooo?"

I would do anything for a phone call from Oxford, no matter the subject matter. :tongue:

Oxford Applications are a less than scrupulous UK company who run expensive courses on interview preparation....hence hated by a lot of people in this thread. :colonhash:
Original post by sweetascandy
What do you mean when you say E&M's are out? :curious:

Original post by Doojam

Do you just mean that E&M interviews have started appearing, or something else?

Exactly that :smile: 3 has got it already. Check the stalking page.
(edited 12 years ago)
Got so excited about my Oxford interview that I left my dinner in the oven and it burned :facepalm:

Potential Oxford student right here :laugh:

Looking forward to possible meet-ups with people in Oxford from the 6-10th of December!
Reply 8892
Original post by Veronique:-)
English at St Anne's :smile: Got an interview invitation today...how dreadful it would be to show up there without having stalked the other applicants before (and I when I say "stalk" I mean threaten and sabotage) to ensure feeling better about my interview :smile:

All love, all love.

Hello, direct competition :smile:
Oxford Applications are a less than scrupulous UK company who run expensive courses on interview preparation....hence hated by a lot of people in this thread. :colonhash:

I only signed up because they have free resources and books on their website. Also they can't be that bad, my friend got 2 free interviews just because he's on EMA
What MK stands for? :| Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry MKII
Time to reapply; those that got rejected? :biggrin:

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS! lalalalaaa:headbang:
Original post by Niki_girl
Got so excited about my Oxford interview that I left my dinner in the oven and it burned :facepalm:

Potential Oxford student right here :laugh:

Looking forward to possible meet-ups with people in Oxford from the 6-10th of December!

Yesterday I abandoned lunch altogether after receiving the interview invitation, so it happens to the best of us :wink:

I'll arrive the morning of the 10th! Maybe we could meet? :smile:
Original post by Jockie
Just one click of Send/Receive - that's all it takes, Wadham... :/

Congratulations to everyone who is getting interviews - you've done brilliantly! Commiserations to those who haven't - I have a feeling I'll be joining you soon, but I'm sure you've all got other fab unis waiting to take you on. :smile:

waiting with you still too mate, a friend just got an interview too! it's so gallling!

:facepalm:
What MK stands for? :| Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry MKII

Mark...

as in Mark I, Mark II - we'll be onto Mark III soon

Latest

Trending

Trending