The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miller693
2nd offer in - AB from Lancaster :woo:

:eek: You've got a maths offer from lancaster?? Are you the first?
Is there a way you can search for a user on tsr...? On the maths offers page theres a use i'd like to get into contact with but i dont know how :/
Reply 3522
Original post by BeccaCath94
Is there a way you can search for a user on tsr...? On the maths offers page theres a use i'd like to get into contact with but i dont know how :/

google:

thestudentroom "insert profile name here"
Just in case you didnt know....schools may be closed that day anyway due to strikes be teachers....

none of the teachers at my school strike. so no, i won't have a day off.

I'm equally jealous! There's a few people on the Lancaster applicants forum - about 4 or 5 - that have offers from there! I'm actually so SCARED, I want an offer NOWWW!!!!!!! ;D
Original post by deejayy
google:

thestudentroom "insert profile name here"

Thank you! I'll give it a try :biggrin:

Original post by theharrovian
none of the teachers at my school strike. so no, i won't have a day off.

Aww sorry to inform you then..... :/

Original post by rachaelizabeth
I'm equally jealous! There's a few people on the Lancaster applicants forum - about 4 or 5 - that have offers from there! I'm actually so SCARED, I want an offer NOWWW!!!!!!! ;D

I know!!!! Thats probably my joint first uni as well.......... :biggrin:
Reply 3526
anybody heard back from oxford yet about an interview?

The first that I know of, doesn't mean anything of course, but hey! :biggrin:

Original post by xmusicx
anybody heard back from oxford yet about an interview?

I know some people on the Stalking page have indeed got interviews, but I haven't. I think the problem is I think I'm about on the cut off mark for the MAT (~50% ish) so depends how lucky I got with multiple choice. I don't know what to think, and it's DOING MY HEAD IN. :s-smilie:
Reply 3528

I know some people on the Stalking page have indeed got interviews, but I haven't. I think the problem is I think I'm about on the cut off mark for the MAT (~50% ish) so depends how lucky I got with multiple choice. I don't know what to think, and it's DOING MY HEAD IN. :s-smilie:

I just want to hear back already, although i don't think I've got one since my MAT didn't go that well :/

what college did you apply to? where else have you applied?
Original post by xmusicx
I just want to hear back already, although i don't think I've got one since my MAT didn't go that well :/

what college did you apply to? where else have you applied?

Sounds like we're almost in the same boat! :rolleyes: I applied to New, how about yourself?
And also to: Bath, York, Lancaster, Durham, having offers from the middle two.
And again, how about you?
Reply 3530
Sounds like we're almost in the same boat! :rolleyes: I applied to New, how about yourself?
And also to: Bath, York, Lancaster, Durham, having offers from the middle two.
And again, how about you?

Congrats on your offers!

I applied to Worcester, a girl in the year above me at my school went to New to do maths last year!

I also applied Imperial (+year in europe), King's, Nottingham(+year in europe) and Warwick, offers from all of them

Just waiting on Oxford now, eek.
Original post by xmusicx
Congrats on your offers!

I applied to Worcester, a girl in the year above me at my school went to New to do maths last year!

I also applied Imperial (+year in europe), King's, Nottingham(+year in europe) and Warwick, offers from all of them

Just waiting on Oxford now, eek.

Ooh wow, the year in Europe courses do sound kind of exciting at any rate. Well done on your offers, and good luck for Oxford; I think we're both going to need it! Let me know when you find out either way. :smile:
Reply 3532
Ooh wow, the year in Europe courses do sound kind of exciting at any rate. Well done on your offers, and good luck for Oxford; I think we're both going to need it! Let me know when you find out either way. :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you too! I'll tell you when I hear :smile:
The first that I know of, doesn't mean anything of course, but hey! :biggrin:

No it doesnt but it means they're giving offers out!!! :biggrin: Im excited for one now...well done :biggrin:
No it doesnt but it means they're giving offers out!!! :biggrin: Im excited for one now...well done :biggrin:

True, I'm sure it won't be long now! :biggrin:
posted this somewhere else but might as well post it here too

havent yet sent my ucas form off, college is checking and stuff, seeing as theyre already offering places out are my chances of getting an offer worse? im applying for Maths with Finance at Lancaster, predicted A* Maths, B further maths and B in ICT. the course says AAB, do you think I'll get an offer? Im seriously worried, my GCSE's are terrible as well, lots of B's and C's, with an A in maths.
Original post by carlos the third
Has anyone else who applied to Durham not got an email asking for UMS yet?

I haven't :frown:
Original post by Ultimate1992
I haven't :frown:

Nor me.... But international though so....
True, I'm sure it won't be long now! :biggrin:

Hopefully not! :biggrin:
Where else have you applied?

Has anyone else who applied to Durham not got an email asking for UMS yet?

I never got one last year...haha