The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
Original post by desijut
Yeah i was there too, some people were ok there, the lecture was ok but near the end i was nearly ready to give up with the reciprical of the primes! The tour guide people were helpful and the whole vibe of the place was pretty chilled, which i personally liked, but then again there are no exams at this time of the year.

The reciprocal of the primes lecture is harder than anything we've covered so far at UCL, so don't worry.
Original post by Zuzuzu
The reciprocal of the primes lecture is harder than anything we've covered so far at UCL, so don't worry.

Yeh, it was fine right up to the end - and then he started rushing as we ran out of time.. so it got confusing ^_^
Hey, I had a letter yesterday for mathematics at Cardiff saying that after considering my application they would like to invite me to a visit/open day. They also said they I will get the opportunity to speak to a member of staff about my application. Does this mean that it is an interview?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ultimate1992
I haven't :frown:

I e-mailed them yesterday about it and they said they would be asking for them "in due course."
Got a mail from Bath asking for proof of O Level in english (international yo),,,,,,,........ good thing or bad thing?
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p
Got a mail from Bath asking for proof of O Level in english (international yo),,,,,,,........ good thing or bad thing?

good
Lol went to ucl open day today. I learnt that one: im short and two: im loud. Good day tho
Reply 3547
Original post by maths134
Lol went to ucl open day today. I learnt that one: im short and two: im loud. Good day tho

I went as well. Who were you?

edit: I think I know, you said you were applying to sidney sussex... I was sitting next to you in the lecture.
(edited 12 years ago)
Does anyone have any idea what the Churchill College admissions test entails of????
Original post by CharlieAdam1

Does anyone have any idea what the Churchill College admissions test entails of????

Probably similar to the Trinity one. Of course, there are people who can be more helpful.
For me the hardest part of A level maths is basic arithmetic ie. Adding two numbers!!
Original post by deejayy
I went as well. Who were you?

edit: I think I know, you said you were applying to sidney sussex... I was sitting next to you in the lecture.

Yeh. That was me. Typical that you were the only one i didnt talk to =p

Original post by Edwin Okli
Probably similar to the Trinity one. Of course, there are people who can be more helpful.

Well it's an hour long 'mathematics aptitude test' so it will probably be a bit different to the Trinity one. Probably more and shorter questions which require less knowledge, im applying there too btw, is your test interview on the 4th/5th as well?
Original post by maths134
Yeh. That was me. Typical that you were the only one i didnt talk to =p

Were you the one the asian guide kept saying she wanted you to come to UCL?
Original post by seanahnuk
Were you the one the asian guide kept saying she wanted you to come to UCL?

Yes! aha. who were you?
On a side note, will we be asked about our personal statements much at interview?
hi. does anyone here know how to solve the following ordinary differential equations:

a)xdy/dx + 3y =2 y=2 x=1

b)x^2 dy/dx + xy = y^2

c) dy/dx= (x +2y+3)/(3x+6y+7)

d)dy/dx +y/x = sin x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Braniac101
hi. does anyone here know how to solve the following ordinary differential equations:

a)xdy/dx + 3y =2 y=2 x=1

b)x^2 dy/dx + xy = y^2

c) dy/dx= (x +2y+3)/(3x+6y+7)

d)dy/dx +y/x = sin x

a,b and d can be done with an integrating factor.
c looks like a substitution jobby. try u=x+2y+3.
Reply 3558
Morse interview at Warwick and cambridge interview :smile:
Original post by ben-smith
a can be done with an integrating factor.

You know that post you made yesterday about overthinking the easy stuff? This is exactly what you've done here. :p:

That one is separable so I would go for that approach.

EDIT: Also, b cannot immediately be done with an integrating factor, you first require a substitution of z=yxz=\dfrac{y}{x}.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest