The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
How can I see my references on my portal? Do I have to wait until the decision?
Reply 141
Original post by zziippoo
How can I see my references on my portal? Do I have to wait until the decision?

I think so!

My referees were kind enough to show me the references they wrote. :rolleyes:

Another week gone, and still no replies for any of my uni's. :moon: I hope that's a good sign :colondollar:
Reply 142
Original post by Akkuz
I think so!

My referees were kind enough to show me the references they wrote. :rolleyes:

Another week gone, and still no replies for any of my uni's. :moon: I hope that's a good sign :colondollar:

Yeah but some guys in this threat that they can see their references.. i cannot see my references and I don't want to ask my referees..

By the way, I asked from my personal tutor who is my supervisor too and from a lecturer. I had one module with him during the second year.
Some people told me that this is not good because the lecturer doesn't know me a lot .. what to you think about that? :smile:
I am an overseas student and I disagree. LSE, IMPERIAL and UCL are about as famous as OXBRIDGE.

Warwick is as famous as KCL.

Warwick is much better than KCL but KCL is in London, part of University of London and classic traditional university.

I guess it depends on where you come from. In my country, most people won't know the difference between UCL and Birkbeck. I honestly have come to the conclusion that once they hear London, that's enough for them. Sometimes, even hearing UK is enough for them to be wowed...I have to admit that sometimes I am offended that my parents' friends seem as impressed at me studying at Oxford as they are at my sister studying at UCLan. Even more sometimes for her, cause she studies a "cool" subject whereas I'm doing "boring classics". Ah well...
Reply 144
Original post by LydiaM123
yes

congratulations!
Reply 145
Original post by Xristina
I guess it depends on where you come from. In my country, most people won't know the difference between UCL and Birkbeck. I honestly have come to the conclusion that once they hear London, that's enough for them. Sometimes, even hearing UK is enough for them to be wowed...I have to admit that sometimes I am offended that my parents' friends seem as impressed at me studying at Oxford as they are at my sister studying at UCLan. Even more sometimes for her, cause she studies a "cool" subject whereas I'm doing "boring classics". Ah well...

where are you from?
Birkbeck is part of University of London but I think everyone knows UCL as one of the top!
where are you from?
Birkbeck is part of University of London but I think everyone knows UCL as one of the top!

Greece, as you can probably tell from the flag :tongue:
I know that, but I am telling you that most people won't. Believe me, all the spoiled rich kids in Greece come to the UK to study economics and business and stuff like that at universities that I personally would not even walk outside of, then come back to Greece and are treated like Gods. "He studied in England" they say...:rolleyes:
Reply 147
Yeah but some guys in this threat that they can see their references.. i cannot see my references and I don't want to ask my referees..

By the way, I asked from my personal tutor who is my supervisor too and from a lecturer. I had one module with him during the second year.
Some people told me that this is not good because the lecturer doesn't know me a lot .. what to you think about that? :smile:

Did you communicate alot with the lecturer during the year? If so, then you should use him as a referee.

I think one of the reasons I recieved an interview within just 6 days after both my references were submitted was because my references was very personal as I kept frequent contact with both my referees.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 148
Original post by IK237
Did you communicate alot with the lecturer during the year? If so, then you should use him as a referee.

I think one of the reasons I recieved an interview within just 6 days after both my references were submitted was because my references was very personal as I kept frequent contact with both my referees.

Probably has more to do with uni your at, your course and your grades (as I said before, considering your course and the uni your at you have a great chance). What was your % average?
Reply 149
Original post by Akkuz
Probably has more to do with uni your at, your course and your grades (as I said before, considering your course and the uni your at you have a great chance). What was your % average?

My average was 88%
Reply 150
Original post by IK237
My average was 88%

88%? wow..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Akkuz

It also has to do with how busy the department is at the moment, or in general how they process their applications. I received an offer from UCL last year in less than 2 weeks after I submitted my application. A friend of mine got an offer a few days before me :tongue:
Reply 152
88%? wow..

Well I did work excessively during the whole year and gained alot of weight by doing so.

If you dont mind me asking, what was your average?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by IK237
My average was 88%

88% that is unbelievable. Which uni and what course?
Reply 154
City University. BSc Economics & Accountancy.
Reply 155
Original post by IK237
My average was 88%

Damn. Nice one man. Thats a pretty crazy average. Can't believe your worrying with that kinda average...:colonhash:

Even if you went to the interview dressed as batman, poured hot bleach into Nina's eyes and set the building on fire, you'd still get an offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 156
Original post by Akkuz
Damn. Nice one man. Thats a pretty crazy average. Can't believe your worrying with that kinda average...:colonhash:

Even if you went to the interview dressed as batman, poured hot bleach into Nina's eyes and set the building on fire, you'd still get an offer.

Loool. Hopefully. Thanks for the support.
Reply 157
offer from UCL :smile:
Original post by Cotton
offer from UCL :smile:

congratulations! what for?
Reply 159

congratulations! what for?

Linguistics. but actually I know little about this course at UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending