The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cotton
Linguistics. but actually I know little about this course at UCL.

I have a friend who is doing linguistics at UCL. It's very famous for its Linguistics course!! Congratulations!!
Reply 161
Original post by Xristina

I have a friend who is doing linguistics at UCL. It's very famous for its Linguistics course!! Congratulations!!

I guess so. but I've heard that it's very boring. I have no idea how boring it can be :tongue: Maybe it's just theoretical and I think it will be a good choice for people who want to further study PhD. But I don't plan to do it. so I'm a little confused.
Original post by Cotton
I guess so. but I've heard that it's very boring. I have no idea how boring it can be :tongue: Maybe it's just theoretical and I think it will be a good choice for people who want to further study PhD. But I don't plan to do it. so I'm a little confused.

do you have offers from other universities?

also, what's boring is totally subjective. What other people find boring, you might love. Have a look at the website for the course, you should be able to form an idea about whether the modules offered interest you.
Reply 163
So since I've been offered an interview, are the chances of me being accepted high, regardless of how the interview goes? (Well it can't be very bad of course)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 164

do you have offers from other universities?

also, what's boring is totally subjective. What other people find boring, you might love. Have a look at the website for the course, you should be able to form an idea about whether the modules offered interest you.

Yes. I totally agree with you. I have another offer for Applied Linguistics from Edinburgh. talking about course, honestly, I prefer Edinburgh. but it's UCL!! one of the best five universities in UK! That's the problem. :frown:
Reply 165
Is it normal that on portico when both references are uploaded - the status on the front page still shows "awaiting references"?:confused: Is it just not updated or they need to check the reference before concluding the application is complete?
Anybody applying for the Msc in mathematical modelling?
Reply 167
Original post by firstladynaija
Anybody applying for the Msc in mathematical modelling?

i have applied for that course.
Reply 168
Got an unconditional for MSc International Child Health :smile: Hallelujah!
Reply 169
finally the status on portico becomes "application complete" today :s-smilie:

(and I applied on 11th Oct.......)
Reply 170
Original post by vinc10
finally the status on portico becomes "application complete" today :s-smilie:

(and I applied on 11th Oct.......)

I am very surprised at this. I also applied around that time and it become "complete" almost immediately and received an answer about a month later.
Original post by zziippoo
i have applied for that course.

Have you heard anything yet? When did you apply?
Reply 172
Original post by firstladynaija
Have you heard anything yet? When did you apply?

I have applied on 24th of Oct. I am still waiting my second reference.
You? When did you apply?

What are you studying and where?
Reply 173
Original post by olympus123456

Original post by olympus123456
what course did you apply to ?

Human Rights MA
Reply 174
Original post by IK237
So since I've been offered an interview, are the chances of me being accepted high, regardless of how the interview goes? (Well it can't be very bad of course)

Read through the prospectus. It says MSc Management is designed for people who have studied "science, engineering, maths or any other non-management subject". I guess having studied International Business, that automatically rules me out..even though it isn't strictly "business management" I have studied one or two of the areas which this course covers. :s-smilie:

Does anybody have any inkling if it would merit an automatic rejection?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 175
Original post by Akkuz
Read through the prospectus. It says MSc Management is designed for people who have studied "science, engineering, maths or any other non-management subject". I guess having studied International Business, that automatically rules me out..even though it isn't strictly "business management" I have studied one or two of the areas which this course covers. :s-smilie:

Let's just see what transpires. I am getting nervous regarding my interview though.
Reply 176
Original post by Akkuz

Does anybody have any inkling if it would merit an automatic rejection?

No worries for that. This is not true. I am studying management and I have spoken with the admission team if it is worth to apply for that MSc. She said that students with management or business background are eligible to apply and it is worth because the department will divide into two groups the whole class. Group A: students with management and business background and Group B: student with non management or business degree.

The Group A will have the same core modules but in advance level and also they will have the ability to choose one of the pathways, like accounting..

She also mentioned that they will change their website in the future with the new information.
Reply 177
Original post by zziippoo
No worries for that. This is not true. I am studying management and I have spoken with the admission team if it is worth to apply for that MSc. She said that students with management or business background are eligible to apply and it is worth because the department will divide into two groups the whole class. Group A: students with management and business background and Group B: student with non management or business degree.

The Group A will have the same core modules but in advance level and also they will have the ability to choose one of the pathways, like accounting..

She also mentioned that they will change their website in the future with the new information.

Wow. Really!?

I think it's awful that they don't state this on their website!! :nothing:

Ok, ok, so the hope is revived lol. :moon: Thanks Zipo :tongue:

Did they say anything else to you?
Reply 178
Original post by Akkuz
Wow. Really!?

I think it's awful that they don't state this on their website!! :nothing:

Ok, ok, so the hope is revived lol. :moon: Thanks Zipo :tongue:

Did they say anything else to you?

Nop.. I just said that is better to change the website. Hope to change it .. I want to see the pathways.
Reply 179
Original post by Ghost6
I am very surprised at this. I also applied around that time and it become "complete" almost immediately and received an answer about a month later.

They said they got some technical problem with portico:confused: anyway.. how long should I be expecting for a response? (they said 6 weeks on portico!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending