The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

University of Plymouth

Sooo, who has applid for plymouth uni and what have you applied for?.. anyone got offers yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ive applied but not through UCAS. I did the foundation pathways in technology in 08/09 so im hoping i can my place internally. Still officially registered as a student there so heres to hoping :smile: Looking at doing BSc Marine and Composites. If I can avoid the endless UCAS application then I'll be happy :biggrin:

Si
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
I've got a conditional offer for Law, it was my first offer :smile:
Reply 3
ah nice, i have a conditional offer for civil engineering. anyone know what its like there? what the nightlife is like?
Reply 4
Original post by sac99
ah nice, i have a conditional offer for civil engineering. anyone know what its like there? what the nightlife is like?

I think it looks pretty good, but that's just from researching it online. Obviously it won't be as good as somewhere like Newcastle, but it won't be just a couple of pubs and clubs either.
Reply 5
Original post by sac99

I am currently a student here, so I might be able to help :smile: The night life is pretty good here, we Oceana, K2, C103, Revs, etc but we also have a few pubs and bars which are amazing. I can't tell you about some of the places as I haven't been to them all obviously, but if you haven't been down to Plymouth to have a look around the uni or the city itself, i'd totally recommend coming to take a look!

Congratulations on your offers! :biggrin:

xx
Reply 6
got conditional for economics
Reply 7
Thankyouu !! Ah sounds good tbh. im so excited. if i apply for halls in january as soon as it opens for application, what do you rekon the chances are that i get a place in the halls?
Original post by Sianelly
I am currently a student here, so I might be able to help :smile: The night life is pretty good here, we Oceana, K2, C103, Revs, etc but we also have a few pubs and bars which are amazing. I can't tell you about some of the places as I haven't been to them all obviously, but if you haven't been down to Plymouth to have a look around the uni or the city itself, i'd totally recommend coming to take a look!

Congratulations on your offers! :biggrin:

xx
Reply 8
What are offers like at Plymouth? I hear they're quite lowish for its standings? Most are BBB with a few ABB and BBC
Reply 9
Original post by sac99
Thankyouu !! Ah sounds good tbh. im so excited. if i apply for halls in january as soon as it opens for application, what do you rekon the chances are that i get a place in the halls?

Only 60% of all first year students get a place in halls.. so I can't tell you what the chances would be of you getting a room unfortunetly! :smile:
Reply 10
anyone for maritime business and logistics that can give me some feedback .'??'
thanks
Reply 11
Original post by TheDubs
What are offers like at Plymouth? I hear they're quite lowish for its standings? Most are BBB with a few ABB and BBC

yeh i think there not too bad at all. Not so hard to get into :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by BaRtMan 94
thanks

Is there even any graduates for that degree?!
Reply 13
Original post by sac99

I think I can anwser your questions pretty well as im just about to finish my 1st term doing civil engineering at plymouth. The course it pretty good, i think a bigger workload than most of the other courses but you get that with any engineering degree. The maths is pretty easy though, we have just been recapping a level all the first term.

As for the nightlife I personally think its pretty awesome, theres a few clubs and lots of cool little bars like bacbar and cuba. I think theres something for everyone depending what you like.

Also replying to your post about getting into halls, I got into radnor but as I wasnt unconditional I think I was pretty lucky! most of my flatmates were all unconditional so I think its pretty much random.
Reply 14
ohh okk thank you ! :smile: is it really fun up in plymouth? Do people that you know who didnt get into student accomodation like living in houses for the first year?
Reply 15
Anyone applied for Business Management?
Reply 16
Original post by apu270894
got conditional for economics

same here :smile:

what were the conditions?
Reply 17
Anyone heading down for a pgce interview next week?
Reply 18
Original post by BaRtMan 94
thanks

I managed to get a conditional offer for next year entry into Maritime Biz & Law, I have seniors who have came back with the degree in logistics option. Is good, go for it!
Reply 19
Original post by TheDubs
Is there even any graduates for that degree?!

totally ignorant

Quick Reply

Latest