The Student Room Group

Next Tuesday & Wednesday busy week ahead

This upcoming tuesday and wednesday will be the busiest yet

On tuesday the chancellor will outline his autumn budget for the fiscal year and will lets us see how the UK is coping financially and whether or not the year ahead will be any better for the UK and any cuts to be made

On wednesday Public sector strikes, UK Border agency staff expected to walk out on strikes over pay disputes (pensions I think) and the the UK teachers strike will also happen meaning educational walkouts and disruption to educational establishment are expected and UK airports may also face severe disruption with delays and cancellation

In these tough times can The UK economy handle such massive Stress or can it handle more stress than it already can. Its already hanging by a thread, these events might cause the UK economy more damage and hard to recover

With the Euro crisis, jobless rate at all time high, Can the UK handle such events to come

What do you think about next weeks economic events, what will you be doing
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 01jtiong
...what will you be doing

Revising :s-smilie:
Reply 2
To correct the above
*crying at how much work I have to do and worrying about my lack of revision :/
Reply 3
I will be going to lectures providing all my lecturers haven't gone on strike of course

Original post by Aj12
I will be going to lectures providing all my lecturers haven't gone on strike of course

Would you mind telling me what all these strikes are supposedly about?
Reply 5
Original post by Perfectionist ,
Would you mind telling me what all these strikes are supposedly about?

Pensions, the pension age is being raised due to people living longer. I think there might be a few other things involved as well
Reply 6
On Wednesday I'll be taking the opportunity to have a lie-in, then doing some college work. Around 7ish I'm going to see some friends.
Tuesday will be just a normal college day, and although I probably won't be working it I might as the rota hasn't gone up yet.
Reply 7
Original post by 01jtiong
This upcoming tuesday and wednesday will be the busiest yet

On tuesday the chancellor will outline his autumn budget for the fiscal year and will lets us see how the UK is coping financially and whether or not the year ahead will be any better for the UK and any cuts to be made

On wednesday Public sector strikes, UK Border agency staff expected to walk out on strikes over pay disputes (pensions I think) and the the UK teachers strike will also happen meaning educational walkouts and disruption to educational establishment are expected and UK airports may also face severe disruption with delays and cancellation

In these tough times can The UK economy handle such massive Stress or can it handle more stress than it already can. Its already hanging by a thread, these events might cause the UK economy more damage and hard to recover

With the Euro crisis, jobless rate at all time high, Can the UK handle such events to come

What do you think about next weeks economic events, what will you be doing

I think you should go back to your part-time job as a cartoon character, and worry less about subjects the gravity of which you cannot possibly comprehend.
Feverishly writing essays I should have at least started weeks ago, and playing up my Scottish heritage on Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending