The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am also anticipating, and hoping for, a Pats-Packers Super Bowl. And that's not just because I'm a Pats fan! Last year, the Patriots played some great games against the top teams...

Spoiler

...but the game against the Packers was definitely my favorite of those. Two high-scoring, creative offenses that could surpass any defense in the league. Admittedly, the teams have changed a lot since last year. The AFC is potentially up for grabs by as many as 4 or 5 teams. But I'm sticking with my gut. :tongue:
Original post by I Kant Spall
I am also anticipating, and hoping for, a Pats-Packers Super Bowl. And that's not just because I'm a Pats fan! Last year, the Patriots played some great games against the top teams...

Spoiler

...but the game against the Packers was definitely my favorite of those. Two high-scoring, creative offenses that could surpass any defense in the league. Admittedly, the teams have changed a lot since last year. The AFC is potentially up for grabs by as many as 4 or 5 teams. But I'm sticking with my gut. :tongue:

I stayed up for the Pats Packers game. Best regular season game I've seen!
It's interesting in the AFC. The best offense on their day is the Pats - Brady can still dominate games. The best D at the moment is actually Houston in terms of yards allowed, but with Schaub lost for the year, you have to wonder about their Offense. Even with Foster the RB being as prolific as he is, will the run games be enough? I suppose having Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels to throw to still isn't too bad for a backup QB though...

The Steelers and the Ravens are both still up there though and at this point I still think the Steelers with Big Ben have a better offense than the Ravens with Flacco. I'd say the Steelers probably have the best balance of good offense and defense in the AFC still.

As for NFC, well it's one of the Packers, 49ers and maybe the Saints. The way it's going you can't see the Packers being beaten.

Also, does anyone think the Colts can avoid an 0-16 season at this point?
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
It's interesting in the AFC. The best offense on their day is the Pats - Brady can still dominate games. The best D at the moment is actually Houston in terms of yards allowed, but with Schaub lost for the year, you have to wonder about their Offense. Even with Foster the RB being as prolific as he is, will the run games be enough? I suppose having Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels to throw to still isn't too bad for a backup QB though...

The Steelers and the Ravens are both still up there though and at this point I still think the Steelers with Big Ben have a better offense than the Ravens with Flacco. I'd say the Steelers probably have the best balance of good offense and defense in the AFC still.

As for NFC, well it's one of the Packers, 49ers and maybe the Saints. The way it's going you can't see the Packers being beaten.

Also, does anyone think the Colts can avoid an 0-16 season at this point?

I think Colts might be able to win one game. But they will have the 1st pick IMO.

The Pats, when on form, do indeed have the best offense. The Ravens, when on form, have the best defense.

The Texans will not win the Superbowl. Not any real play-off experience in the team, a lack of leadership at times, and an offense that will be out of sorts for a few weeks. (This is where Matt Leinart suddenly lives up to the hype and plays amazing. Just to spite me :/).
Original post by The Patriot
I think Colts might be able to win one game. But they will have the 1st pick IMO.

The Pats, when on form, do indeed have the best offense. The Ravens, when on form, have the best defense.

The Texans will not win the Superbowl. Not any real play-off experience in the team, a lack of leadership at times, and an offense that will be out of sorts for a few weeks. (This is where Matt Leinart suddenly lives up to the hype and plays amazing. Just to spite me :/).

I'm actually doubting whether the Colts will win one, the bye week may help them though.

As for Leinart, I really hope he does now, even though I agree with you.

Any predictions for the 3 Thanksgiving games tomorrow?

I'm gonna be bold and say the Lions beat the Packers, then the Cowboys win unfortunately meaning the Phins' 3 win streak ends, and the Ravens to beat SF. Now I'll see just how wrong I am tomorrow.
I'm actually doubting whether the Colts will win one, the bye week may help them though.

As for Leinart, I really hope he does now, even though I agree with you.

Any predictions for the 3 Thanksgiving games tomorrow?

I'm gonna be bold and say the Lions beat the Packers, then the Cowboys win unfortunately meaning the Phins' 3 win streak ends, and the Ravens to beat SF. Now I'll see just how wrong I am tomorrow.

Packers beat Lions, although I reckon Lions win week 17. Ravens beat SF. Phins beat the Cowboys, Eagles win against the Pats at the weekend and go within one game of the top team in their division. They end up winning their division beat the Packers in the NFC Champ game, and win the super bowl... oh how funny that would be...
Packers going for 11-0, baby.
Ok...so my bold 'Lions will win' prediction was wrong. That aside, go Dolphins! Not feeling positive about this game though. Could get slaughtered here.
I'm beginning to think I'm a curse on my own team. On every single occasion when I've watched the 'phins play live, we've lost. On the 3 occasions this season when I didn't get to see them play, we won. Sucks :'(
Original post by The Egg Militia
I'm beginning to think I'm a curse on my own team. On every single occasion when I've watched the 'phins play live, we've lost. On the 3 occasions this season when I didn't get to see them play, we won. Sucks :'(

Nah, that just coincided with us playing poor teams. Chiefs, Redskins and Bills all suck at the moment but the Cowboys are quite good. Shame though, really thought we could beat them, frustrating to lose at the end. If only Graham hadn't missed that FG earlier on. Now it's a run against the Raiders and Eagles at home, the Bills and Pats away, and then finally ending the year against the Jets at home. Can only see us beating the Bills or perhaps the Eagles/Raiders at a push (only one of those 2 will happen though, if at all). A record between 3-13 and 5-11 is probably what we'll get.
Nah, that just coincided with us playing poor teams. Chiefs, Redskins and Bills all suck at the moment but the Cowboys are quite good. Shame though, really thought we could beat them, frustrating to lose at the end. If only Graham hadn't missed that FG earlier on. Now it's a run against the Raiders and Eagles at home, the Bills and Pats away, and then finally ending the year against the Jets at home. Can only see us beating the Bills or perhaps the Eagles/Raiders at a push (only one of those 2 will happen though, if at all). A record between 3-13 and 5-11 is probably what we'll get.

Let us be spoilers then, for the rest of the season, and **** up the Jets chances eh? :smile:

"Just seen the NY Jets 2012 calendar. It's quite explicit... There's a **** on every page" :wink:
Original post by The Egg Militia
Let us be spoilers then, for the rest of the season, and **** up the Jets chances eh? :smile:

"Just seen the NY Jets 2012 calendar. It's quite explicit... There's a **** on every page" :wink:

good work!

I HATE the Jets. I would give up an arm to have them go 0-16.
so, Pats and Eagles today. probably the most difficult game left on the Patriots' schedule. I honestly think it will be a boring game where the Eagles, with the absence of Vick, run the ball a lot.

I also have the option of going to either the Colts game next Sunday or the Dolphins game on Christmas Eve... which would you guys choose?
so, Pats and Eagles today. probably the most difficult game left on the Patriots' schedule. I honestly think it will be a boring game where the Eagles, with the absence of Vick, run the ball a lot.

I also have the option of going to either the Colts game next Sunday or the Dolphins game on Christmas Eve... which would you guys choose?

SO FREAKING JEALOUS.

That aside....

Go to the Phins game. More of an even game (only just). It will likely have more play-off implications though as it could be a division clincher for the Pats.

Dolphins on christmas eve, been playing well recently so could be a decent game. And it is on Christmas eve so extra awesome. The colts just well and truly suck, the game will be a massive blowout.

On second thoughts though, you could see Brady have a ridiculously huge game if you go to the colts, then again he threw for 500 against the dolphins week 1. So to conclude, I haven't been able to conclude which game you should go to :tongue: I'm way too indecisive...

PS: Sucks for us in the UK, they aren't showing Pats-Eagles on TV, only radio. Chicago-Oakland instead.
Reply 3035
Original post by fudgesundae
Dolphins on christmas eve, been playing well recently so could be a decent game. And it is on Christmas eve so extra awesome. The colts just well and truly suck, the game will be a massive blowout.

On second thoughts though, you could see Brady have a ridiculously huge game if you go to the colts, then again he threw for 500 against the dolphins week 1. So to conclude, I haven't been able to conclude which game you should go to :tongue: I'm way too indecisive...

PS: Sucks for us in the UK, they aren't showing Pats-Eagles on TV, only radio. Chicago-Oakland instead.

It's also on Gamepass, :wink:

I'd go for the Christmas Eve game, will be a fantastic atmosphere.

(Although personally i'd stay till Monday night and head on down to New Orleans :biggrin: )
Original post by Rekyht
It's also on Gamepass, :wink:

I'd go for the Christmas Eve game, will be a fantastic atmosphere.

(Although personally i'd stay till Monday night and head on down to New Orleans :biggrin: )

Don't have gamepass :frown:

Ill probably get it next year when I head off to uni though.
As a Jaguars fan I have to say that getting the chance to watch them is a masochist's dream.
Man I LOVE having Hillis back. It might take him a few seconds when the entire D-Line piles up against him, but he'll keep pushing and get the yard for first down.
Reply 3039
Jets won, I'm content.

Edit: So far the Eagles are killing it.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest