The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Just had my fourth lock out :')

So yeah, after running after one of the guys in my flat for banging on my door, I got locked out. For the fourth time.

Now I'm getting a "Written Warning" from a Senior Warden xD

How many times have you been locked out?

And can anyone think of a way around paying the fine :curious:? All the security guys do is sit on there arses in that security hut, kind of annoys me. The people in the old accommodation don't have this problem.
Reply 1
take the key with you ?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Maccees
So yeah, after running after one of the guys in my flat for banging on my door, I got locked out. For the fourth time.

And can anyone think of a way around paying the fine :curious:? All the security guys do is sit on there arses in that security hut, kind of annoys me. The people in the old accommodation don't have this problem.

Apparently the money from the fines doesn't actually even go to the security guards :s-smilie:
Reply 3
*sigh*
Step 1: Attach key to lanyard
Step 2: Secure lanyard to beltloop on jeans
Step 3: Key is now always securely attached to you
Reply 4
Can't you just call one of your friends to let you in? It's not that hard.. I've managed to get myself locked out of my corridor once but 30 seconds later someone let me in. My keycard is in my wallet which I take pretty much everywhere with me.
Reply 5
Original post by hamijack
*sigh*
Step 1: Attach key to lanyard
Step 2: Secure lanyard to beltloop on jeans
Step 3: Key is now always securely attached to you

Usually happens at night, when I'm not wearing jeans haha.

Original post by Nuffles
Can't you just call one of your friends to let you in? It's not that hard.. I've managed to get myself locked out of my corridor once but 30 seconds later someone let me in. My keycard is in my wallet which I take pretty much everywhere with me.

I don't understand? It's my room I get locked out of?

Original post by Barden
Apparently the money from the fines doesn't actually even go to the security guards :s-smilie:

Indeed, it goes to Halls Office.
Original post by Maccees

Not being rude, but what's the point of chasing after him. Stay in your room and ignore the guy. After some time, once he realises you aren't going to respond to the door, he'll get bored and leave it alone. This works on immature kids, I'm pretty sure it'll work on him.
Reply 7
Original post by Maccees

I don't understand? It's my room I get locked out of?

Oh my bad. We have normal keys for our rooms and keycards to get into the building/our corridors. How can you forget your keycard when you can't get into your room without it? It's not that hard to condition yourself to take it every time.
Reply 8
Original post by kironkabir
Not being rude, but what's the point of chasing after him. Stay in your room and ignore the guy. After some time, once he realises you aren't going to respond to the door, he'll get bored and leave it alone. This works on immature kids, I'm pretty sure it'll work on him.

It was just a bit of a joke thing, he's my mate haha.

Original post by Nuffles
Oh my bad. We have normal keys for our rooms and keycards to get into the building/our corridors. How can you forget your keycard when you can't get into your room without it? It's not that hard to condition yourself to take it every time.

I don't usually, but one time was at half 3 in the morning when I woke up and went to get some water, and the last time I just ran out without thinking.
Reply 9
Still ain't been locked out once :biggrin: Doubt you'll get around paying the fine though :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Maccees

You can't get round the fines but can't you put your door on the latch? :biggrin:
Reply 11
Just buy a new key card from the halls office, same 20 quid but now you have 2 cards! Hide one in your cupboard :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by welshmun
You can't get round the fines but can't you put your door on the latch? :biggrin:

Yeah you can, can't remember exactly how to do it, but I remember doing it all the time, just don't let the door slam when you do it though, seem to remember hearing about someone getting fined cause they let the door slam too much and it broke the frame or something. Always kept my keycard in my wallet and don't think I ever locked myself and I didn't have to take the card out of the wallet either, just held it up to the sensor thingy:cool:
Reply 13
bare times, its well annoying but thankfully our porters just lend u a key and if u return it in 24h it's all cool
Reply 14
Original post by jacques93
Just buy a new key card from the halls office, same 20 quid but now you have 2 cards! Hide one in your cupboard :wink:

If it's in his cupboard how will that help him when he's locked out of the room? :P
Reply 15
Original post by ily_em
If it's in his cupboard how will that help him when he's locked out of the room? :P

His cupboard is a portal to Narnia. All he needs to do is enter somebody else's cupboard to retrieve the card.
Reply 16
This kind of thing doesn't happen at Oxford.
Reply 17
Thanks for your valuable input?

Quick Reply

Latest