The Student Room Group

Is this sexy?

I want to buy some nice underwear for the bedroom, but I'm really self conscious about my body. I hoped that some nice underwear might make me feel a bit better about myself when I'm with my boyfriend, but at lot of it is really skimpy and I worry that will just make me look worse.

I've seen some 'babydoll' type things which are quite loose fitting, but I don't know whether this is actually sexy or not? Or too frumpy?

Things like this:
http://www.lasenza.co.uk/babydolls/babydolls/level3.aspx?d=20&type=620&style=704297&product=030014160&img=AW311_79
Reply 1
It's pretty nice but you should probably try it on before buying.. Those things can fit really weirdly on the bust and aren't always that flattering on those of us "blessed" with hips :rolleyes:

Your boyfriend really isn't going to care though, sure he'll like it, think it looks nice but.. He'll probably still want to take it off and see you naked anyway :s-smilie: You can't be too hideous if you have a partner, work on your confidence a bit, focus on the parts of your body that you like and make the most of them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by alawhisp
It's pretty nice but you should probably try it on before buying.. Those things can fit really weirdly on the bust and aren't always that flattering on those of us "blessed" with hips :rolleyes:

Your boyfriend really isn't going to care though, sure he'll like it, think it looks nice but.. He'll probably still want to take it off and see you naked anyway :s-smilie: You can't be too hideous if you have a partner, work on your confidence a bit, focus on the parts of your body that you like and make the most of them :smile:

Hmm I'll have to try it. I just think it looks a little frumpy, but then they're all over all the lingerie sites. I have a size 10 bust/upper body and size 16 hips/bum so I don't really know what I can wear that will look nice :sad:
I think Babydoll's are sexy :smile:
Reply 4
guys are manipulative, if you believe you're sexy then he will not for a minute question it! Have confidence!
Would it matter,as soon as the guy or girl saw her wearing that in bed it would be ripped straight off
Reply 6
Original post by britishgoose01
Would it matter,as soon as the guy or girl saw her wearing that in bed it would be ripped straight off

i still want to show I've made an effort though? And don't they just look a bit like night dresses... he might just think I'm in my pjs.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm I'll have to try it. I just think it looks a little frumpy, but then they're all over all the lingerie sites. I have a size 10 bust/upper body and size 16 hips/bum so I don't really know what I can wear that will look nice :sad:

I don't think it's frumpy, I like it :smile: Only thing is that you're smaller on top (like me) so they can sometimes look funny on that body shape. I don't know what your budget is, but maybe try a basque or a corset or a bustier? There's a nice selection here, this set is particularly nice imo.. Well, you can't go wrong with the ol' stockings and suspenders :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by alawhisp
I don't think it's frumpy, I like it :smile: Only thing is that you're smaller on top (like me) so they can sometimes look funny on that body shape. I don't know what your budget is, but maybe try a basque or a corset or a bustier? There's a nice selection here, this set is particularly nice imo.. Well, you can't go wrong with the ol' stockings and suspenders :smile:

As lovely as they look on those girls I just don't feel comfortable in something tight like that, I think it would show off all my lumps and bumps even worse then just having them out :/ Thanks for the thing about the bustier though, I'll have a look :smile:
Reply 9
I think babydolls are cute and sexy, not frumpy, you probably would look adorable in one to your boyfriend since he is obviously attracted to you.

But, since you are pear shaped, I don't think it is the most flattering of shapes. They look cutest on girls with small hips, I think, flowing straight downwards and drawing attention to their chests. On someone with bigger hips, they would go outwards from the chest down having the opposite effect and also hiding the waist/making it seem like you just go straight outwards which you don't.

I think something like this would look knock-out sexy on you:
http://www.lasenza.co.uk/babydolls/babydolls/Level3.aspx?d=22&collection=9&style=704190&product=030014506&img=AW311_39
I could be wrong, you'd have to try it on (although your opinion could be clouded by your lack of confidence and you could think it looks really bad when it doesn't - so maybe, if you have anyone you are close enough to, you could try it and ask a girlfriend for an opinion?).

I don't think it would matter if you had 'lumps and bumps' that would stick out in places perhaps, for a start he knows what you look like and loves you. But also, it's a very visually striking thing to wear - with bold lines, like the suspender straps against your skin, especially at the back with the diagonal lines of the underwear too. It creates an exciting overall image and shape that draws away from anything that might be sticking out. I think it would make the most of your hips.
You could wear a suspender with a corset or basque though, showing your waist, making your hips look yummy with the straps on them and also keeping any wobbly bits in - if you'd feel more comfortable.

:smile:

This is all just my opinion though, I could be wrong.
Speaking as a guy - I'm much more interested in what's underneath a girl's underwear than the underwear itself, so don't worry about what it looks like at all.

As for your body issues - trust me, if a guy has got to the point of nakedness with you, it's because he's attracted to you. Any image-related issues are entirely in your head, not his. Embrace your body as it is - it will make the whole experience better for both of you.
Original post by Ribbits
I think babydolls are cute and sexy, not frumpy, you probably would look adorable in one to your boyfriend since he is obviously attracted to you.

But, since you are pear shaped, I don't think it is the most flattering of shapes. They look cutest on girls with small hips, I think, flowing straight downwards and drawing attention to their chests. On someone with bigger hips, they would go outwards from the chest down having the opposite effect and also hiding the waist/making it seem like you just go straight outwards which you don't.

I think something like this would look knock-out sexy on you:
http://www.lasenza.co.uk/babydolls/babydolls/Level3.aspx?d=22&collection=9&style=704190&product=030014506&img=AW311_39
I could be wrong, you'd have to try it on (although your opinion could be clouded by your lack of confidence and you could think it looks really bad when it doesn't - so maybe, if you have anyone you are close enough to, you could try it and ask a girlfriend for an opinion?).

I don't think it would matter if you had 'lumps and bumps' that would stick out in places perhaps, for a start he knows what you look like and loves you. But also, it's a very visually striking thing to wear - with bold lines, like the suspender straps against your skin, especially at the back with the diagonal lines of the underwear too. It creates an exciting overall image and shape that draws away from anything that might be sticking out. I think it would make the most of your hips.
You could wear a suspender with a corset or basque though, showing your waist, making your hips look yummy with the straps on them and also keeping any wobbly bits in - if you'd feel more comfortable.

:smile:

This is all just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

your so right with this :smile:
both damn nice on a girl,
Reply 12
Why do you want to buy underwear for the bedroom? Always thought you bought underwear for yourself....
(edited 12 years ago)
OP,

You have a very similar figure to my ex - from what I can make out. I would say that alawhisp has given some very good advice about being confident in yourself and the fact that your BF probably finds you very attractive anyway.

The sort of dresses you linked us too are very nice. Just be careful though because sometimes they can be a bit too much and depending on your body shape you can end up looking like a toilet roll cover.

Be confident. Why not consult with your boyfriend and look through some of this clothing together - it can be fun. You can then pick something for yourself and surprise him with it.
Reply 14
Wear a corset :smile:
Reply 15
the model is super hot.
I actually bought the red version recently. My bf absolutely loved it quote 'sexy and cute, perfect'. Plus i hate my stomach and it covered it well but was still a little see through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending