The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hyouge Mono episode 10... most awesome character death ever!? :zomg:
Reply 2301
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Hyouge Mono episode 10... most awesome character death ever!? :zomg:

I'm unlikely to watch that, so could you put it in a spoiler for me? I'm curious.

Also I know you seem to be a fan (ironically or not I don't know) but is qwaser any good? After mocking it I'm curious now :teehee:

Watching Ben-to 6 (yep behind on everything). Finally figured my problem with it- it plays the ridiculous premise far too straight. I'm not even sure if it's meant to be a bit comedic at this point.
Original post by Truered
I'm unlikely to watch that, so could you put it in a spoiler for me? I'm curious.

Also I know you seem to be a fan (ironically or not I don't know) but is qwaser any good? After mocking it I'm curious now :teehee:

I don't have any program that'll let me cut out 3-4 minutes of video, and it is impossible to describe in words. :p:

I quite liked series 1 of Seikon no Qwaser (though season 2 was rubbish). Of course it is ridiculously explicit, but also hilariously funny at times, has some good characters and even a plot. Definitely more of a guilty pleasure than an absolute must-see.
Reply 2303
I could do with a guilty pleasure to help get me back into watching anime regularly. Today I watched one episode of Ben-to, the last time on MAL was the 17th :nyoron:
Reply 2304
these ads for the kaiji film at the start of the episode are annoying :indiff:
Reply 2305
Kaiji S2 ep 24

...kaiji is moe. :giggle:

EP 25.. this series can be amazingly intense but at other times its kind of dragged on a bit..

Spoiler

Finished it now.:giggle: Oh kaiji you are still yourself. It was a pretty good series. Annoying at some times and yet beyond intense at many others. The narrator was the star of the show.:yep: That soundtrack:teeth:... that ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA :nutcase:
(edited 12 years ago)
Being my impatient self, I read all of the manga so far of Mirai Nikki and wow this has so much potential as being one of the best animes (reminds me of Death Note for some reason though).

As for those who watched today's episode..

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2307
Original post by The Cornerstone
Being my impatient self, I read all of the manga so far of Mirai Nikki and wow this has so much potential as being one of the best animes (reminds me of Death Note for some reason though).

Yeah, it's definitely one of the more riveting series to come out in the past few years, which is something of an expectancy for Shounen Ace. Admittedly, I dropped the series and everything else I was reading a few years back when I decided to take a hiatus from manga due to the lack of incentive. I may consider going back to it, but for the time being, I'm happy with following the anime alone (which is easily one of my favourites of this broadcast season).

As for similarities, while I can see where you're coming from with Death Note (literacy intertwined with death), for me Deadman Wonderland is probably the closest in terms of stylisation and characterisation. The dynamic between Yuki and Yuno is uncannily alike to that of Ganta and Shiro, as is their perception and reaction to the circumstances they're in.
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, it's definitely one of the more riveting series to come out in the past few years, which is something of an expectancy for Shounen Ace. Admittedly, I dropped the series and everything else I was reading a few years back when I decided to take a hiatus from manga due to the lack of incentive. I may consider going back to it, but for the time being, I'm happy with following the anime alone (which is easily one of my favourites of this broadcast season).

As for similarities, while I can see where you're coming from with Death Note (literacy intertwined with death), for me Deadman Wonderland is probably the closest in terms of stylisation and characterisation. The dynamic between Yuki and Yuno is uncannily alike to that of Ganta and Shiro, as is their perception and reaction to the circumstances they're in.

The wait for animes is what attracted me to manga :P but even though I finished the manga I will still follow the anime (for colours and animation and all that)

Yeah that's probably why (and also the contact with supernatural forces/powers in a modern and technological world) I haven't watched Deadman Wonderland (only heard of it) so this and Death Note are the only one I can think of in terms of similarities.

I see what you did there with your sig btw :mmm:
Reply 2309
Original post by The Cornerstone
The wait for animes is what attracted me to manga :P but even though I finished the manga I will still follow the anime (for colours and animation and all that)

I was slightly concerned in account of what Asread have produced before, and the fact that, in my opinion, they're a pretty average studio, whether they'd adapt the manga faithfully enough. Fortunately, although the animation is far from exceptional, the studio have succeeded in capturing the tenacity and grittiness of Esuno's art style, and have more importantly remained faithful to the material they're adapting.

Yeah that's probably why (and also the contact with supernatural forces/powers in a modern and technological world) I haven't watched Deadman Wonderland (only heard of it) so this and Death Note are the only one I can think of in terms of similarities.

Sadly, Deadman Wonderland was only given one cour, meaning that it had to end somewhat abruptly with many things left unanswered. In this regard, I'm extremely pleased that Mirai Nikki has been given two cours. That said, the pacing has certainly been quick so far, perhaps too much, but equally keeps people on their toes. You never know what's going to happen next. :giggle:

I see what you did there with your sig btw :mmm:

With the sky? Yeah, nothing I could do about that with the limitations of GIF files. If only studios weren't so keen to include panning at any given moment, eh? :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
I was slightly concerned in account of what Asread have produced before, and the fact that, in my opinion, they're a pretty average studio, whether they'd adapt the manga faithfully enough. Fortunately, although the animation is far from exceptional, the studio have succeeded in capturing the tenacity and grittiness of Esuno's art style, and have more importantly remained faithful to the material they're adapting.

Sadly, Deadman Wonderland was only given one cour, meaning that it had to end somewhat abruptly with many things left unanswered. In this regard, I'm extremely pleased that Mirai Nikki has been given two cours. That said, the pacing has certainly been quick so far, perhaps too much, but equally keeps people on their toes. You never know what's going to happen next. :giggle:

With the sky? Yeah, nothing I could do about that with the limitations of GIF files. If only studios weren't so keen to include panning at any given moment, eh? :tongue:

I meant that your sig was Yuno from the op of Mirai Nikki (if only there was an 'identify the anime' thread for this :tongue:) although I didn't notice the sky at first so I see what you did there again :mmm:
Hi. Can someone recommend something to watch please? I quite liked highschool of the dead and thought deathnote was great. I liked bleach but thought it was a bit drawn out. Looking for something horrorish or something with elements of classical Japanese culture, or both. Ta :smile:
Original post by Akuma
Hi. Can someone recommend something to watch please? I quite liked highschool of the dead and thought deathnote was great. I liked bleach but thought it was a bit drawn out. Looking for something horrorish or something with elements of classical Japanese culture, or both. Ta :smile:

Hello :smile:

Jigoku Shoujo springs to mind immediately as something that has both. :yes: For general horror, check out Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Shiki.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Hello :smile:

Jigoku Shoujo springs to mind immediately as something that has both. :yes: For general horror, check out Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Shiki.

Jigoku Shoujo sounds just the thing. Thanks. :smile:
I started Nazca yesterday, and am now half way through it. I really don't know what to make of it; it is certainly different in terms of premise and with its Aztec theme, but the first few episodes were boring for the most part, and unintentionally hilarious the rest of the time. The soundtrack is awesome, but there are several long periods without background music that add to the boredom. Episode 6 was pretty decent, but that might just be because it was pretty much fight scenes from beginning to end. Hopefully there will be more action from now on, with most of the character and setting introduction seemingly out of the way.
Reply 2315
gundam age :hmmm:

EU bashing

Reply 2316
Original post by vin
gundam age :hmmm:

EU bashing

The EU has done enough self induced bashing of its own. :sadnod:
Original post by Akuma

Highschool of the dead was awesome, but a bit grotesque in animation (which made it funny at times) and Death Note is probably one of my favourites.

Like AngryJellyfish said Jigoku Shoujo is a great way to start, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Mirai Nikki also springs to mind.

EDIT: Sounds like he suggested those as well my bad :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Gintama always ****ing surprises me. The end to this this Elizabeth arc was slightly annoying but left me with a huge grin on my face.

Reply 2319
Legend of the Galactic heroes ep 82

no ....No ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Latest