The Student Room Group

Need a B in maths but only achieved a C

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
'A-' isn't a GCSE grade.
Nothing you can do other than resit it. You should talk to your head of 6th to see if it's possible for you to do it at our current school.

Otherwise you'll have to do it at night classes or something.
Reply 3
Original post by Profesh
'A-' isn't a GCSE grade.

A- meaning that I was predicted a low A.
Reply 4
Talk to your exam officer at school and see what they suggest. It may be possible to resubmit your coursework from last year to save you redoing everything, but you might need to redo that too. If your school can't help then they might be able to advise you on what to do next - you should be able to resit at an adult education college.

Alternatively, you may be able to do an equivalent qualification if your uni would accept such a thing.
Reply 5
You can resit GCSE maths either in March (certainly Edexcel and maybe others I'm not certain which) or the summer or November (all examiners) either through your current school or as a private candidate in another school or college if necessary. It's very unlikely you'll find anywhere offering a course starting so late for this year but your maths department will probably offer you access to their revision resources, mymaths and past papers if you talk to them. You' could get down to revising independently with a revision guide or whatever. Note that from the summer 2012 exams they will be using a different syllabus containing types of questions that you will be unfamiliar with so aim for a spring 2012 resit if you can. My school wouldn't let you in the resit class in Y12 or Y13 as it's only for D grade students who need a C, yours might or you may be able to find an evening school course locally for next year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
You can resit GCSE maths either in March (certainly Edexcel and maybe others I'm not certain which) or the summer or November (all examiners) either through your current school or as a private candidate in another school or college if necessary. It's very unlikely you'll find anywhere offering a course starting so late for this year but your maths department will probably offer you access to their revision resources, mymaths and past papers if you talk to them. You' could get down to revising independently with a revision guide or whatever. Note that from the summer 2012 exams they will be using a different syllabus containing types of questions that you will be unfamiliar with so aim for a spring 2012 resit if you can. My school wouldn't let you in the resit class in Y12 or Y13 as it's only for D grade students who need a C, yours might or you may be able to find an evening school course locally for next year.

Alright thanks for the advice, ill have a chat with the head of 6th and see what he says, my school currently are doing AQA modular maths, but we just did 2 exams in the summer, id properly go with the 2 summer exams again, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending