The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Princeling
I think you just summed up the extent of every feeling I've ever had about this Oxford application... :tongue:

Haha, I'm glad someone feels the same! :biggrin:
I just want to know now whether I have an interview. Hopefully tomorrow I'll hear!
Can you make any guesses at what level your application is like if you're pooled pre-interview? Do they pool the worst people that applied to that college, or something else?
Original post by Emgrace
Haha, I'm glad someone feels the same! :biggrin:
I just want to know now whether I have an interview. Hopefully tomorrow I'll hear!

I can't get email on my phone and on the school computers it's firewalled! What am I going to do? Seriously tempted to go home in all my free periods just to check. Hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself, though - it would be awful to go home to find nothing. :frown:

:crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:
Original post by Deep456
Nope, PPE.

Oh, sorry :facepalm: I guess I confused you with someone else I talked to a few months ago.

Original post by thethinker
Can you make any guesses at what level your application is like if you're pooled pre-interview? Do they pool the worst people that applied to that college, or something else?

No. There's nothing to analyse.
Reply 304
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I can't get email on my phone and on the school computers it's firewalled! What am I going to do? Seriously tempted to go home in all my free periods just to check. Hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself, though - it would be awful to go home to find nothing. :frown:

:crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:

Hehe, maybe not being able to check will be good?
I have loads of frees tomorrow so I'll be checking permanently!
Wait until you get home, :smile:
I dont actually want to get it at school anyway, because I'll cry either way :P
Original post by Emgrace
Hehe, maybe not being able to check will be good?
I have loads of frees tomorrow so I'll be checking permanently!
Wait until you get home, :smile:
I don't actually want to get it at school anyway, because I'll cry either way :P

But I won't get home until after my play rehearsal, so around 6.00. I can't cope that long! :tongue: If I get an interview and I'm at school, I can be happy with my friends and enjoy telling my teachers that I'll be missing a few lessons. If I don't get one it'll be rubbish wherever I am. :smile:
Original post by medbh4805
Is he the Austrian chap? :beard:

Indeed!

Original post by georget1
Indeed! Have you done much prep for it?

Also, does anyone know if the distance from Oxford Station to the main colleges off the high street is a walkable distance?

Yes, I managed to sprint from Marks and Sparks to catch a train in the pouring rain with heels on and managed it. The bad thing about Oxford is that the streets are bloody confusing to someone like me, but the good thing is that they're all straight, so you WILL end up somewhere eventually. TAKE A MAP.

Original post by punctuation
Awwwwww your new icon :biggrin:

:love:
Oh, have two mock interviews at Wellington tomorrow! Eeeeeeeeeek!
Reply 308
Original post by medbh4805
I'd be upset if you get rejected :cry2:

WHAT!?!@?!?
WHAHWHATWHATHAWHATWHATWHAT?!!? :fuhrer: :fuhrer: :fuhrer:

YOU NEVER TOLD THAT TO -ME-! :fuhrer:
Original post by such_a_lady

GOOD LUCK!

Reminds me I have to tell my teachers I'm going to be away in two weeks (:love:) and somehow schedule a mock? Or not... :s-smilie:
Reply 310
Original post by anyone_can_fly
But I won't get home until after my play rehearsal, so around 6.00. I can't cope that long! :tongue: If I get an interview and I'm at school, I can be happy with my friends and enjoy telling my teachers that I'll be missing a few lessons. If I don't get one it'll be rubbish wherever I am. :smile:

Ah that is a very good point :biggrin:
6 is rather late...it's annoying you cant check emails on school computer!

What school are you at? I am at Welly...
Original post by Deep456
I am so nervous about my interview next week. Taken a gap year, to reapply, it's my dream course. Was rejected last year, hurt so much, can't bear to think of it again. Infact, I was rejected from a number of universities, internships, etc. I have learnt from it, though I go into my interview knowing that there are still three applicants to a place, I am well and truly up against it. I don't know why I am posting this, guess I need some sort of outlet. My application is very average on paper, I feel it's just out of my hands somehow. Feeling so helpless and I haven't even had the interview.

I am feeling pretty much all of this, so can empathise. I got rejected last year for the same course, got five university rejections so decided to reapply, as opposed to going through Extra. Like you, this has been my ideal course and I've spent the last few months really trying to prepare...like you, not sure why I'm posting this but guess that it's just nice to know that there's someone in your situation, that you can empathise with.

Which course are you?

Plus I don't even have an interview yet...
Original post by paddypower
What school are you at? I am at Welly...

Tomlinscote! In Frimley :biggrin:
Original post by ReBee
WHAT!?!@?!?

New icon :sexface:
Reply 315
New icon :sexface:

Biology is beautiful :sexface:
Reply 316
Original post by ReBee
WHAT!?!@?!?

Grainne never told you that she'd be upset if I didn't get an interview?

Outrageous! :tongue:
Reply 317
Original post by Doojam
Grainne never told you that she'd be upset if I didn't get an interview?

Outrageous! :tongue:

You be quiet! Nobody mentioned you! BACK TO YOUR CORNER! :fuhrer:

N.B. :love: <3
Original post by Emgrace
Ah that is a very good point :biggrin:
6 is rather late...it's annoying you cant check emails on school computer!

Nor does the City of Edinburgh Council in its great wisdom allow us to access Edinburgh University website, the W.H.O., half the Amnesty website, and any video at all (so all of Youtube for a start). :sigh:It's a rather indiscriminate block.
Reply 319
Original post by Grenville
New thread!

Well spotted

Latest

Trending

Trending