The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joseppea
I said something like how stem cells will affect treatment.

I'm imagining:

"What kind of treatment?" :zomg:

I can think of things to say now, but guaranteed I'll end up saying something completely stupid like "make toe transplants for people with no toes." :facepalm:

Looooool who knows :biggrin: I'm nervous too, like I'll go in there and everything I ever took in will just fly out the window :frown:
Original post by laurie:)
im gonna ask for 2 or 3 more before the actual interview, that should be enough, right?

ive mentioned such a broad range of things - from multiple sclerosis to paediatric heart conditions :frown:

I think two more. I have one on tuesday and I'll try for one on wednesday and then thursday is the real one :yep:

I mentioned possibly all the specialties in the world - paediatric, stroke, cardiology, oncology, haematology, you name it :ashamed2:
Original post by ViceVersa
I think two more. I have one on tuesday and I'll try for one on wednesday and then thursday is the real one :yep:

I mentioned possibly all the specialties in the world - paediatric, stroke, cardiology, oncology, haematology, you name it :ashamed2:

now i come to think of it, maybe i should take advantage of the time i have and have more than 3 more? i dunno if theres a limit to how helpful they'll be though :s-smilie:

good luck for thursday :biggrin:

same :/ trying to spread my knowledge between the nhs, ethics and my personal statement is proving harder than i first thought!
Reply 9563
Original post by Joseppea
I (probably foolishly) mentioned stem cells in my PS. Such a broad topic that I'm likely to fail miserably at answering a question about them :colondollar:

You aren't the only one. I worte about how this year im gonna do an EPQ on stem cells blah blah, but i actually havent started it... :redface:
Bloody hell you guys mentioned a lot on your personal statements. More than half of mine was just about my work experience/voluntary/ECs and reflections lol. I'm quite glad I didn't mention too much that I have to research about.

A bit nervous seeing as I've only actually had one mock interview and I don't see the point in having another one with my dad/brother, despite their offers lol.
Original post by oHellno
Bloody hell you guys mentioned a lot on your personal statements. More than half of mine was just about my work experience/voluntary/ECs and reflections lol. I'm quite glad I didn't mention too much that I have to research about.

A bit nervous seeing as I've only actually had one mock interview and I don't see the point in having another one with my dad/brother, despite their offers lol.

i contemplated having a mock with my mum, but then i envisioned her sitting there listening to my answers with a look on her face like quinns from your sig and decided against it :colondollar:
now i come to think of it, maybe i should take advantage of the time i have and have more than 3 more? i dunno if theres a limit to how helpful they'll be though :s-smilie:

good luck for thursday :biggrin:

same :/ trying to spread my knowledge between the nhs, ethics and my personal statement is proving harder than i first thought!

I guess it's up to you. You just don't want to sound like you're too rehearsed because youve said 'why medicine' too many times or other questions too many times. For example, I've refused to answer certain common questions anymore because I've said them like 3 times now and I want to sound fresh on the actual day.

And thanks I'm soo scared, BL is my first choice and I just love it more every time :redface:

And yeah it's difficult, especially with balancing school work. For example my biology mock is on friday, a day after my interview, and I've not revised it at all :/

[QUOTE=laurie[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];35098487]i contemplated having a mock with my mum, but then i envisioned her sitting there listening to my answers with a look on her face like quinns from your sig and decided against it :colondollar:

:lol:

Some of my points will probably sound so lame to anyone who actually knows me, can't do it. I wish my school offered more mock interviews!
You all make me (well last year me) look like a terrible applicant! haha I had one mock interview last year (because I was forced too) and didn't have any more, and I haven't had any this year, I decided my St.A one from last year would count as my mock. And I barely mentioned anything medical either and even less so this year :tongue:

im gonna ask for 2 or 3 more before the actual interview, that should be enough, right?

How many mocks will you have had? :eek: I'm sure you'll be fine, though if you can you should maybe ask if they can ask you stuff you've not already been asked (several times) because you don't want to come across as too overpracticed. With all your prep you deserve to do well :smile:

Did you say anything specific about them or did you just mention them in passing? Say if you said something like "medicial advances in XXX" then thats an obvious thing they might ask about. (Though I'm not sure what BL is like with interviews or how ps based they are in interview :P)

I was the same, biology mock the day after my interview. Hopefully your teacher is as understanding as mine was :tongue:
Original post by oHellno

Some of my points will probably sound so lame to anyone who actually knows me, can't do it. I wish my school offered more mock interviews!

I asked my mum to give me a mock interview....she laughed at all my responses, thanks mum :rolleyes:.
I need mock interviews lol
Reply 9570
Original post by Doctor.

Original post by Doctor.
I asked my mum to give me a mock interview....she laughed at all my responses, thanks mum :rolleyes:.
I need mock interviews lol

My mum gets annoyed and goes "you'll faaaaaaail your interview!!"

.....Count your blessings xD
I guess it's up to you. You just don't want to sound like you're too rehearsed because youve said 'why medicine' too many times or other questions too many times. For example, I've refused to answer certain common questions anymore because I've said them like 3 times now and I want to sound fresh on the actual day.

And thanks I'm soo scared, BL is my first choice and I just love it more every time :redface:

And yeah it's difficult, especially with balancing school work. For example my biology mock is on friday, a day after my interview, and I've not revised it at all :/

thats a good point actually - i might just give him my ps and simply ask him to grill me on it, not have a mock interview just test my ability to recognise when theyre trying to pull things out of there :smile:

im sure you'll ace it :biggrin:

my interview is a day after my mocks finish so im finding it hard prioritising :/

Original post by oHellno

my school didn't offer many tbh, i just went and asked :tongue: im sure if you went and explained your situation theyd be happy to give you a mock interview :biggrin:

Original post by Quackers93

How many mocks will you have had? :eek: I'm sure you'll be fine, though if you can you should maybe ask if they can ask you stuff you've not already been asked (several times) because you don't want to come across as too overpracticed. With all your prep you deserve to do well :smile:

two, third tomorrow, but with different people so i dont get used to one type of person :smile:

two, third tomorrow, but with different people so i dont get used to one type of person :smile:

Wow, the sum total of my mock interviews has involved me sitting on my bed with a friend, interrogating each other on our statements (and making up some poor excuses for ethics questions!) :tongue: D'you find that you're becoming more comfortable through having the mocks?
Original post by Kidneyjean
Wow, the sum total of my mock interviews has involved me sitting on my bed with a friend, interrogating each other on our statements (and making up some poor excuses for ethics questions!) :tongue: D'you find that you're becoming more comfortable through having the mocks?

yes and no. i've found theyve helped me identify weak points in my body language (talking too fast, smiling etc) but with every mock i get more stressed that im not good enough :tongue:
Did you say anything specific about them or did you just mention them in passing? Say if you said something like "medicial advances in XXX" then thats an obvious thing they might ask about. (Though I'm not sure what BL is like with interviews or how ps based they are in interview :P)

I was the same, biology mock the day after my interview. Hopefully your teacher is as understanding as mine was :tongue:

I mentioned them in passing, except for the IVF and organ donation :redface:. I'm not too sure how ps based they are either tbh. And how did you cope with the mock? Did you revise it at all? Because I haven't. My teacher has been pretty understanding though :\

thats a good point actually - i might just give him my ps and simply ask him to grill me on it, not have a mock interview just test my ability to recognise when theyre trying to pull things out of there :smile:

im sure you'll ace it :biggrin:

my interview is a day after my mocks finish so im finding it hard prioritising :/

Yeah I think that's best :yes: and thanks.

Well at least its after your mocks, but good luck x
I mentioned them in passing, except for the IVF and organ donation :redface:. I'm not too sure how ps based they are either tbh. And how did you cope with the mock? Did you revise it at all? Because I haven't. My teacher has been pretty understanding though :\

They'd probably be the ones I'd look over more than cause they're more likely to find something in your ps to ask about. You've probably already done this but try and pre-empt questions, you might not get them but it's more practice :smile:

Nah I didn't revise at all! At the end of the day, it's only a mock (and they've already predicted your grades so it doesn't really matter if you screw up in one little mock) Think I got a D/E in that mock haha I had missed a few of the lessons in that topic and I got in after 1am after travelling for hours, stuck in traffic jams to get up for the mock later that morning :tongue: Just incase you don't do well, be prepared for a disappointed look but the plus side of it is that it'll spur you on to do better the next time :biggrin:

Don't worry about it though, it's only a mock. And what's more important, an A in some stupid mock or potential a place in med school? :biggrin:
They'd probably be the ones I'd look over more than cause they're more likely to find something in your ps to ask about. You've probably already done this but try and pre-empt questions, you might not get them but it's more practice :smile:

Yeah I'm going to finish research on both and think of the type of questions they could ask and what I'd say to them :yep:

Nah I didn't revise at all! At the end of the day, it's only a mock (and they've already predicted your grades so it doesn't really matter if you screw up in one little mock) Think I got a D/E in that mock haha I had missed a few of the lessons in that topic and I got in after 1am after travelling for hours, stuck in traffic jams to get up for the mock later that morning :tongue: Just incase you don't do well, be prepared for a disappointed look but the plus side of it is that it'll spur you on to do better the next time :biggrin:

Don't worry about it though, it's only a mock. And what's more important, an A in some stupid mock or potential a place in med school? :biggrin:

I'm not going to revise for it at all either :\ and then if I'm disappointed in my grade I can push myself to work harder for the real exam :redface: It's definitely more important getting a potential place in med school :smile:
I'm just scared when I arrive for the interview, they'll be like wtf, seeing the rather bad ps XD
Ahh I'm in sooo much trouble :frown: the things I do for medicine :frown:
Reply 9579
Ahh I'm in sooo much trouble :frown: the things I do for medicine :frown:

What happened?

Latest

Trending

Trending