The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Going to see The Princess Bride at the cinema tonight. Retro.
Original post by aja89
Going to see The Princess Bride at the cinema tonight. Retro.

'AS YOU WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH'.

It's inconceivable how some haven't seen that film. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm looking to watch a film later similar to the Breakfast Club, but I can't think...any ideas?
Reply 4842
Original post by SophiaKeuning

Oh, I'm looking to watch a film later similar to the Breakfast Club, but I can't think...any ideas?

Sixteen Candles
St. Elmo's Fire
Pretty In Pink
Say Anything

All are awesome. :colondollar:

I haven't seen that film.

Read the book, though.
Original post by Jace Falco
I haven't seen that film.

Read the book, though.

I just wanted to get the word 'inconceivable' in there, if I'm honest. :colondollar:
You should watch it, it's brilliant. It's never crossed my mind to read the book, mind.
'Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.' This is all I remember from the film:

I just watched Requiem for a Dream.......let's just say I'm going to have to watch a **** load of Disney and perhaps The Princess Bride as well to counter balance the abyss of emptiness that film has just created within me O_O
Original post by sheep_go_baa
I just watched Requiem for a Dream.......let's just say I'm going to have to watch a **** load of Disney and perhaps The Princess Bride as well to counter balance the abyss of emptiness that film has just created within me O_O
May I recommend Disney's Alice in Wonderland from 1951? I watch it all the time. :tongue:

You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.
Reply 4849
I must've been like, 10 or younger when I last watched The Green Mile. Watched it again today. Top notch
Original post by Pheylan
I must've been like, 10 or younger when I last watched The Green Mile. Watched it again today. Top notch

It really is a fantastic film. I personally feel it's overshadowed a lot by The Shawshank Redemption. They're similar films in a few ways.
Original post by Sonny_J_D
You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.

:teehee: I love it!
Just finished watching The Informant!, and I really liked it. Matt Damon was fantastic as Mark Whitacer. He made the character so human yet brilliantly comic that I couldn't help but like, hate and feel sorry for the guy at the same time. Tony Hale's small role was a real treat as well.
Reply 4853
Saw My Week With Marilyn today, didn't like it at all. Fine enough performance from Michelle Williams but the film bored me to death.
Cracked is hit or miss but this article was quite interesting: 7 Movies That Put Insane Work Into Details You Didn't Notice

And I've never heard of The Thief and the Cobbler. Might give it a watch now.

It must really suck to be shooting an Oscar-worthy film next year when you're going to come up against this.
Yeah, I'd push the release date back a year.
Reply 4857
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Cracked is hit or miss but this article was quite interesting: 7 Movies That Put Insane Work Into Details You Didn't Notice

It was actually Bryan Lee O'Malley that put most of those details in Scott Pilgrim.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pi!
It was actually Bryan Lee O'Malley that put most of those details in Scott Pilgrim.

I met a girl who actually spent the time to paint an enlarged version of a page from Scott Pilgrim volume 6 to go on her wall.

Marriage material right there :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)

With the calibre of actors in this I'm amazed that this is going almost straight to DVD. It also looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending