The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Been some horrific drops today. That Jaguars TE in the end zone with an awful drop. Then the new kid underwood drops a pass that should have been a long TD.

Oh well, next play Brady to Branch 63 yards. Awesome play. Looks like it could be a great offensive game.

edit: and wow how did I forgot Johnson's drops at the end of the Bills game. Twice wide open for a TD that would have won it. And now Desean Jackson in the end zone :tongue:. Not a good day for receivers today lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Patriots putting up 38 points always makes for an interesting game. :biggrin:
Original post by fudgesundae
Been some horrific drops today. That Jaguars TE in the end zone with an awful drop. Then the new kid underwood drops a pass that should have been a long TD.

Oh well, next play Brady to Branch 63 yards. Awesome play. Looks like it could be a great offensive game.

edit: and wow how did I forgot Johnson's drops at the end of the Bills game. Twice wide open for a TD that would have won it. And now Desean Jackson in the end zone :tongue:. Not a good day for receivers today lol

As I said, a masochist's dream. It does nothing for Gabbert though. He's struggling at the best of times but the guy's going to hit rock bottom confidence wise (assuming he's not already there) if his receivers can't catch his good passes. I think it's vicious cycle where the receivers have no faith in him and, in turn, his no a lack of faith in them.
Chiefs just couldn't do the Ravens a favour last night :angry:
Reply 3044
No-ones mentioned it: BRONCOS DEFENCE TIME!! :P
Original post by Rekyht
No-ones mentioned it: BRONCOS DEFENCE TIME!! :P

Because people believe that Tebow is the second coming of Jesus and it was all him :wink:
Original post by B-More52
Because people believe that Tebow is the second coming of Jesus and it was all him :wink:

Jesus? Forget him, he was just there to give us someone to worship before Tebow came along :tongue:

But yeh, the Broncos defence has been playing really well.
Reply 3047
Jesus? Forget him, he was just there to give us someone to worship before Tebow came along :tongue:

But yeh, the Broncos defence has been playing really well.

That defence has been playing Lights out to ensure Tebow has a low enough score to pull off Tebow time.

Going completely unrecognised by the media thus far though.
It hasn't been that unnoticed. I'm getting kind of bored of the articles on NFL.com stating the obvious about how the D is playing well, which anyone who cares already knows because it is quite an easy thing to notice. It's not like if an O lineman is playing really well and making a big difference, then yeah, a lot of people would need it pointing out.. but an entire D is pretty obvious and it's kind of annoying when people try to look smart by pointing it out.

Also, kind of a coincidence that the whole team (not even just the D) started playing well just at the time they instated a really good leader at QB. That's one little coincidence that has been kind of unrecognised by the people saying it's just the D.
Original post by Rekyht
That defence has been playing Lights out to ensure Tebow has a low enough score to pull off Tebow time.

Going completely unrecognised by the media thus far though.

Original post by burningnun
It hasn't been that unnoticed. I'm getting kind of bored of the articles on NFL.com stating the obvious about how the D is playing well, which anyone who cares already knows because it is quite an easy thing to notice. It's not like if an O lineman is playing really well and making a big difference, then yeah, a lot of people would need it pointing out.. but an entire D is pretty obvious and it's kind of annoying when people try to look smart by pointing it out.

Also, kind of a coincidence that the whole team (not even just the D) started playing well just at the time they instated a really good leader at QB. That's one little coincidence that has been kind of unrecognised by the people saying it's just the D.

Agreed. Same D as before, that went 1-4. But with a true leader at QB gone 5-1. Huge change in fortunes, but only one change in personnel...Tebow. I honestly believe he has made a massive difference, there is no other explanation for such a dramatic change. I am a believer!!!
I still have real problems with Tebow playing QB. I feel dirty just watching it, it's pure filth, and yet it still works! A QB should not have more rushing attempts than passing attempts...
Reply 3051
To whoever plays as the Stow Stalions in the Fantasy league. I've never been more glad as a saints fan that Jimmy Graham stopped scoring points when he did. I think you were about 0.3 points away from the win when he got his final couple of points for the night!
Anyone want to trade me a QB? Schaub is out for the season and Orton isn't playing enough to score me any points which will cripple me going into the knockouts. :colondollar:
Agreed. Same D as before, that went 1-4. But with a true leader at QB gone 5-1. Huge change in fortunes, but only one change in personnel...Tebow. I honestly believe he has made a massive difference, there is no other explanation for such a dramatic change. I am a believer!!!

I'm a Broncos fan myself and whilst Tebow does give the team a lift, there are other factors:

Dennis Allen us just learning playcalling duties and has really progressed as it's gone on. Next young head coach IMO.

Also our defense has just gotten healthy the past month. Dumervil, DJ Williams, Champ Bailey, Brodrick Bunkley and Marcus Thomas all missed games early on.

There's no doubt most QBs can win with a light's out defense and one of the top running games in the league, but Tebow is part of the reason we run so well. If he can add 10% to his completion percentage he's going to be an absolute gem.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Anyone want to trade me a QB? Schaub is out for the season and Orton isn't playing enough to score me any points which will cripple me going into the knockouts. :colondollar:

Interested in Grossman? What RBs do you have?
Reply 3055

:eek:
Jack Del Rio was fired and Jacksonville is getting sold. LA Jaguars? :laugh:
Original post by Tokyoround
Interested in Grossman? What RBs do you have?

I've got Turner, Murray, Ingram, Gerhart and Ringer, though I obviously don't particularly wan't to part with either of the first two.

Grossman would be OK though I'd rather see if Hedgeman would be willing to trade off one of Freeman or Smith.
Give you Painter for Packers D.
No one runs the hurry up offense/two minute drill better than Brady. The defence just has no time to catch their breath or get organised.

Also Gronkowski 14th TD of the season through 11.5 games so far :tongue:

When people say how far Rodgers is ahead of the rest of the QBs, I suggest they look at what Brady can do with the weapons around him. Rodgers is undoubtedly playing better, but I don't think he is as far ahead as people say he is. And people saying he is having the best season by a QB so far? Dream on! Brady in 2007 through 11 was better.

edit: wow the TD given as a rushing TD for Gronkowski
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest