The Student Room Group

Falling asleep in lectures tips?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRandomer
How does this get a neg and 'tube up the penis' guy below doesnt!?

I just repped the other guy. I am such a rep troll.
Thankyou for some of the sensible answers, Im a little sick of this pointless trolling and churning of sexual indendo like non stop junk mail through a letter box. Please can we try to keep it serious ? :P
Reply 22
I know it's ****ing annoying when the lecture theatre is like 28 degrees and there's really not a lot you can do to avoid drifting off if you are already a little bit tired. Email the lecturer and say I'm finding it really hard to stay awake because the room is so frickin' warm. It's well known that that kind of temperature is very soporific.
Reply 23
During one lecture, a friend and I fell asleep on eachothers shoulders and were caught out by the lecturer, who told the whole lecture theatre that we looked like a cute couple and maybe weren't getting enough sleep at night, and then waited in silence till we both woke up.

AWKWARD :facepalm:
Reply 24
Do something interesting, for example if you have a chocolate with you try to calculate how much calories there are in 1 mm cube of it by using the information on back of the chocolate wrapper. Or do the same with a bag of nuts, calculate calories per nut. Try to estimate the weight of each member in your lecture by using your dimensions (width, height, depth etc) and weight as a rough benchmark. You can also try to calculate the number of lines in your notebook without counting them the number of pages one by one and then use that to calculate the total distance it would cover if laid end to end and as an extension you can also try to determine the number of atoms that is etc etc...

...yes my lecturers are **** ***** **** ********* **** *****
Original post by bearhug
During one lecture, a friend and I fell asleep on eachothers shoulders and were caught out by the lecturer, who told the whole lecture theatre that we looked like a cute couple and maybe weren't getting enough sleep at night, and then waited in silence till we both woke up.

AWKWARD :facepalm:

Part of the rep was for the funny, part for the damn cute sig animation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending