The Student Room Group

Forging work history

I don't have any work history or references so I have come to the conclusion that I need to fake some work history.

Can anyone give me help with that? How can I make it seem plausible? How far do employers check on your previous employers?
No. Don't o this.
well if you've got a relative with a different surname or a friend of family with a good job, you could see if they'll pretend you did work experience for them and have them reference you based on that :dontknow:
Reply 3
i'll be your referee.
Reply 4
Original post by Barden
well if you've got a relative with a different surname or a friend of family with a good job, you could see if they'll pretend you did work experience for them and have them reference you based on that :dontknow:

Good idea, but not one I can do as I don't know anyone with a good job :frown:
Reply 5
careerexcuse.com
Reply 7
it's a bit risky tbh, i wouldn't risk it. i've read stories in which people have gone to prison becasue of lying on CV/applications, not sure whether it is true or not. but like someone mentioned, if you have any family that can promise to blag that you did some work in their business from " to " then go for it. make sure u get the dates right obv
Reply 8
well i blagged loads of work about 3 years on my cv, since 15, helping little old ladies with gardening work, volunteering at a local market etc, the good things about these are theres no fixed address. old lady could have passed u may have moved house, market traders change all the time, etc. it depends on your concious. i wasnt bothered :smile: even now with no supervisory experience iv blagged a managerial job :smile:. which is hard though and if i get busted im dead lol
Reply 9
Original post by yellofeeva
it's a bit risky tbh, i wouldn't risk it. i've read stories in which people have gone to prison becasue of lying on CV/applications, not sure whether it is true or not. but like someone mentioned, if you have any family that can promise to blag that you did some work in their business from " to " then go for it. make sure u get the dates right obv

My family won't help at all.

Surely forging work history can only risk a criminal conviction in certain professions?
Reply 10
Original post by Gutsman
My family won't help at all.

Surely forging work history can only risk a criminal conviction in certain professions?

Nope.

"Lying on your CV can lead to a prison sentence"
http://graduatefog.co.uk/2010/1071/lying-cv-illegal-graduate-jobs/

Some other reading material:

http://careers.guardian.co.uk/careers-blog/no-need-to-lie-on-your-cv-steve-szita

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4167204.stm
Original post by Air_wolf
even now with no supervisory experience iv blagged a managerial job :smile:. which is hard though and if i get busted im dead lol

Last month:

Original post by Air_wolf
Im Zeshan Aeronautical/Aircraft engineering student, at ECAT and MMU, from Manchester.

You move quickly.
Reply 12
Original post by ProStacker
Last month:

You move quickly.

Yep, work nights :smile:. At a call centre 24hr call centre how u think i pay for my studies. The good part is my degree is only 2 full days a week, monday and wednesday.
Reply 13
I should now in fact point out my cv is 100% accurate at this time :biggrin: no forgeries or lying. Although i have left of a couple of D's i got in gcse :smile:
Reply 14
Depends who you lie to. I lied to work for a dodgy Carbon broking firm, since they were in the business of lying, I lied too and I think they knew. I made enough money to keep me for a year.

Don't listen to people on this forum saying you'll get caught, you'll go to prison, if you get caught so bloody what, move on to the next. Do you think the world tells the truth?
You'll have to find someone who is willing to 'pretend' to be a reference then...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending