The Student Room Group

Are people over-reacting to the tram lady?

Sure she was in the wrong, but is it right that people post death threats on YouTube?

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

the youtube comments section is a cesspool of trolls, i wouldn't take much of it too seriously
Yeah death threats are a bit too far but even still I don't think the other people are over-reacting about the video; it is

quite shocking to see that someone could be so ignorant and racist, and not just that but the fact that over 12,000

people would agree with the woman (that's how many liked the video and there's quite a few people's comments I've

read on TSR that suggest others agree too.
(edited 12 years ago)
People post stuff like that on youtube comments all the time. I watched one of xtra factor with Caroline Flack interviewing One Direction and there were people on there making death threats to Caroline Flack!
Reply 4
Original post by missxrojas
Sure she was in the wrong, but is it right that people post death threats on YouTube?

Discuss.

what did she say
Reply 5
Two wrongs never make a right but I think most people aren't over reacting as much as people pretend they care when they're on the interent. Just sad that this is exactly a shocking one-off incident.
don't take YouTube comments seriously ... people were telling Rebecca black to die too
Reply 7
Lol. Don't read Youtube so seriously. Humanity isn't that ****ed yet.
Reply 8
Original post by chickenonsteroids
people were telling Rebecca black to die too

Well come on now. That's entirely reasonable.
Reply 9
Original post by Organ
Lol. Don't read Youtube so seriously. Humanity isn't that ****ed yet.

I know too well, I have my own channel. :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Organ
Well come on now. That's entirely reasonable.

Nah dude, you gotta draw the line at Justin Bieber.
Reply 11
I know too well, I have my own channel. :frown:

PM me your channel and il balance the comments out with nice ones :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by ak137
Nah dude, you gotta draw the line at Justin Bieber.

I'm a Belieber :colondollar:
Reply 13
Original post by ak137
PM me your channel and il balance the comments out with nice ones :wink:

It's my username, but TSR won't let me post links. :confused:
Reply 14
Most the people over-reacting are immigrants.

Who cares what they think. They have no place trying to influence debates on the English nation when they're not English themselves.

As for youtube comments, it's somewhere to go when you're feeling machosadistic.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
I'm a Belieber :colondollar:

Oh dear, i feel sorry for you :tongue:

It's my username, but TSR won't let me post links. :confused:

Message it me :smile:
Reply 16
I hear stuff like this on public transport from drunks all the time, not sure why so much crap flies but one incident sparks huge amounts of moral outrage
I hope when aliens come to Earth they don't base their assumptions of humanity on the comments on youtube, Or of course the tram lady...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18

Discuss.

It's not correct. I'm pretty sure the people posting on YouTube have said hurtful things, been responsible for hurtful actions during their lives. Just because they weren't filmed, doesn't mean they can start making death threats, it's sickening.

it wasn't even that bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending